MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Urban Myths?

Urban Myths? - Forums [Biker Match] Urban Myths? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Urban Myths?

Is it true that you can legally break the speed limit whilst overtaking as long as you pull straight back in and reduce speed??

I was told by a nightshift trucker average speed cameras don't work in the dark as they've no infra-red lenses and they can only 'see' forwards so can't detect bikes??

Women can cook?

Any other myth's anyone would like cracking

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/10/2009 19:47  

i did it passing a speed camera in gas van so yes think so

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 19/10/2009 19:52  

did what Neal?

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/10/2009 19:53  

over took and back in again slowed down then got away with it

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 19/10/2009 19:54  

LOL ... funny you should mention that as its something that came up today whilst I was out riding ... As I was informed ... the speed limit is just that ... a limit to the maximum you can do ... not a target to be smashed no matter what your doing

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/10/2009 19:55  

So Neal are you saying the speed camera knew you were carrying out an overtake manouvre and let you off! You didn't see it wink at you as you passed it did you?

shell, who informed you, i'm trying to crack the myth so we need good authority

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/10/2009 20:04  

It was a police officer I know He is also a traffic cop.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/10/2009 20:05  

Nice one shell, now we're talking

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/10/2009 20:14  

mobile speed unit Tezza no winking involved

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 19/10/2009 20:19  

Ahh undystandy Neal

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/10/2009 20:26  

I considered joining the Inst. of Advanced Motorcyclists a few years back and the local group work closely with the bike section at Durham plod. At one meeting at plod HQ, they used the phrase 'making progress' which meant that you could exceed the speed limit for as long as it took to overtake a vehicle, but they stressed that you should immediately return to your lane and reduce to the applicable speed limit for that section of road. With regard to average speed cameras, they cannot get your registration plate, but I am aware of bikers who have broken the speed limit and had pictures of their bike taken only to be caught at a later date thanks to specific leather colours/bike decals etc. I am also led to believe that if you enter an average speed limit section in lane 1 (for example) and leave in a different lane (i.e. lane 2) then the average cannot be calculated. I have also been told that Ladies can cook!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 19/10/2009 20:35  

tuck in behind truck passing camera then cant find average.

Update Reply
micksaway @ 19/10/2009 21:10  

cant average a bike anyway they facing wrong way ! lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 19/10/2009 21:13  

yes they can Neal. And I know of people whos job it is to track down the owners via the DVLA database. Example, there are 200 registered bikes of x make and model, of those x number are the same colour, from those x number of riders have such and such helmet etc. Don't run the risk because you will be caught eventually.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 19/10/2009 21:34  

oh...and women can cook...except for my mum who's kitchen is known as the burns unit. I'm sure it used to say in the highway code that it was acceptable to pass through a speed limit to overtake provided you dropped down again sharpish.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 19/10/2009 21:38  

I have 5 helmits 4 jackets and 2 sets of fairing for my bike take them a while to sort that out

Update Reply
micksaway @ 19/10/2009 21:39  

whats a helmit? is it a german one? lol

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 19/10/2009 21:43  

I use the school of if you know what I mean its close enough when it comes to spelling

Update Reply
micksaway @ 19/10/2009 21:45  

Think one of them is German

Update Reply
micksaway @ 19/10/2009 21:46  

I have heard that if you change lanes in average speed camera areas they cant get you, I also tuck in behind trucks. As yet i have never had a speeding ticket from one of these scameras but I am not going to be the one who tries to speed willingly and try the above methods of avoidance. I do however drive with out the front numberplate on my van - well it is on the front but in the windscreen - and that bloody paper keeps sliding on top of it LOL My van is white - let them try and trace that LOL

Update Reply
Throttle Jockey @ 19/10/2009 21:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email