MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride the lakeland passes late July camping weekend

Ride the lakeland passes late July camping weekend - Forums [Biker Match] Ride the lakeland passes late July camping weekend - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride the lakeland passes late July camping weekend

Anyone fancy a weekend camping trip to the Lake District and ride the Kirkstone, Hardknott and Wrynose passes (1 in 3 hills). Alternatively just enjoy some nice roads and scenery and enjoy a nice break. Looking to camp for a couple of nights in Lake District. Looking at a weekend in late July. Check out youtube link to see some bikers riding the pass. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDJxSGRf29k&feature=...re=related Please add your name below if interested so I can get an idea of numbers to book the campsite.

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 11/06/2012 22:09  

Depending on how late in July i would be up for this.. will wait to see what the dates are .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2012 22:13  

Hi Roo I have ridden those passes before, love to do them again so count me in on that one. Rich

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 11/06/2012 22:26  

I've done Honister pass, Borrowdale way but non of the others And that was waaay back in the 60's I might fancy this But rest assured, it won't be on the C1 I'll watch with interest and see how it develops

Update Reply
Emzed @ 11/06/2012 22:27  

Roo we did the kirkstone pass and all the roads in Easter. we booked the bunk house at the Kirkstone Pass Inn. It sleeps 10 @ £9.00 each per night Basic but a good base for the Lakes !

Update Reply
Ninja Lou @ 11/06/2012 22:50  

could be interested in this, the Hardknott pass road is one of my most favorite bit of road in Britain, done it lots of times, i know an 100 mile route round the lakes that takes in every pass there is about 10 of them , i'v done it on motor bike and also on a pedal bike, will look out for dates.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/06/2012 23:21  

Thanks for the info Ninja Lou and Bikeabill just getting an idea of numbers interested and take it from there probably looking at the last weekend in July but flexible on this.

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 13/06/2012 21:34  

I love these passes and yearn to do them on a bike...pillion of course cos there's no way I could even entertain the thought of Wrynose & Hardknott on mine, or any time soon even if I've got a full license by then But if anyone can offer a pilly....pretty please....although I guess taking a pilly up Hardknott might be a bit of a tall order I've only driven it once in the car and I was almost a gibbering wreck!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 13/06/2012 21:44  

I'm up for this if dates o.k. last weekend in july suits me or anytime in August.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 13/06/2012 22:23  

I have ridden the hardknott and wrynose with a pilly made it interesting, but such good fun.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 13/06/2012 22:32  

The last weekend in July clashes with the scootaboot in Scotland And any weekend in the school holidays means extra cars on the roads, incl these passes, which are single track with passing places. Perhaps later?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2012 22:37  

Might be up for this one , can,t be any wetter than wales.......... can it ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2012 23:10  

Or....have to plan doing the Hardknott first thing in the morning

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 13/06/2012 23:10  

yes i do fancy this depending on dates i will be looking out for this one

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 13/06/2012 23:49  

Sorry to sound like your mother ,,BUT,,wrynose, and particularly hardknott in the height of the summer season is gonner be uncomfortable. The roads are mostly single track with passing places and although us locals give way to all vehicles coming uphill . The summer numpties do not understand this necessity. So , if you're a bit of a short arse or not 100%confident of holding and starting your bike on a hill steeper than your roof ,,,,,,, nuff said , ... Dusty

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 19/06/2012 22:30  

I have rode the Wrynose & Hardknott passes several times (fantastic ride) but riding them two up on the VFR800 was entertaining when the power kicked in! less revs more grunt required I think!

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 20/06/2012 08:42  

I did it with a pilly on my blackbird the bike managed it well. brakes got a bit hot on the way down but all ok. had a well deserved coffee afterwards pilly had a brandy with her's, a large one. looking forward to going up there again, should be a good weekend.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 20/06/2012 22:00  

Did hardknott last year on my Vt 500. the v-twin took me up with no problem. But them inboard brakes didn't like being on a lot a low speed, on the way down.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 20/06/2012 22:10  

Refreshing this to see who's up for it. Dates looking at are Fri 27th July to Sun 29th, camping venue to be decided when get an idea of numbers interested but will try to arrange it in the next week or so. Anyone fancy a weekend camping trip to the Lake District and ride the Kirkstone, Hardknott and Wrynose passes (1 in 3 hills). Alternatively just enjoy some nice roads and scenery and enjoy a nice break. Looking to camp for a couple of nights in Lake District. Like a challenge be it avoiding 4X4's or steep hill climbs Attending Rooster roo

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 27/06/2012 21:23  

i might be up for this as be my birfdy xx

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 27/06/2012 21:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email