MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Weekend on a canal barge - do you fancy it?

Weekend on a canal barge - do you fancy it? (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Weekend on a canal barge - do you fancy it? (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Weekend on a canal barge - do you fancy it?

Not for me thanks, I'm still getting over my last encounter with the canal!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2011 19:40  

Awww... I fell in on the Grand Union Canal at Leighton Buzzard. Not nice...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2011 22:43  

I was on my mountain bike, hit my head of a very low bridge, good job I was wearing a helmet, I think my bike is still in there along with my glasses!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2011 22:47  

is Boss mum slaping our wrists fror being naughty, do we have a date yet and can i drive [or what ever you do when you steer the thing]

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 22/09/2011 23:29  

i'll show you how to drive it bill and lolo will show you what she can do with a windlass

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 22/09/2011 23:36  

Not slapping you Bill, all the slaps are reserved for XK as always otherwise he'll sulk. Just needed to emphasise that Jackie's trip (this thread) is a long weekend from Friday to Monday to save any confusion

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2011 23:59  

i'm up for the long wkend - and i bagsy a bottom bunk!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2011 00:27  

who's this windy lass your talking about Min.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/09/2011 00:56  

IanT, do ya reckon the EU might interfere if we start tuning it or replacing the cans on it?

Have we got enough "Think Bike" stickers between us for a 70 footer?

Update Reply
desres @ 23/09/2011 08:45  

I got a few in the truck and some diesel spills kill

Update Reply
JP @ 23/09/2011 09:29  

As Boss Mom has already said my intention is to organise a Fri to Mon break 'messing about on the water'.

If folk want to make it week long or midweek then yep feel free, i shall be posting dates and prices asap for the weekend version asap, just need to collaborate with capt Bob re best route to take lol

Old Un i bagsie you on my boat, we may need the ballast !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/09/2011 09:38  

Me and you on the same boat ? That's how much is sub hire these days

Update Reply
JP @ 23/09/2011 13:28  

hi every one when and where will it be and do we know how much yet love to do it depending where and dates

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2011 14:35  

Hi people what we are initially looking is to start at one place and take a trip down the canal one way and come back another (a ring)
Just so we dont have to go on the same bit of water (then we would not have one of you trying to reverse all the way . I know of a Birmingham - Ring, anyone know anywhere else ???. It is a shortish trip remember.

Update Reply
Timeout @ 23/09/2011 17:51  

Hmm sounds like fun as havent been on one in few years. When was this being planned for?

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 23/09/2011 18:17  

Kermit ! , Brummie Jackie is checking out prices and will get back as soon as?

Update Reply
Timeout @ 23/09/2011 18:20  

I know of a Birmingham - Ring, anyone know anywhere else ???.

There are a lot of canals in my neck of the woods, around Northwich, Middlewich and Nantwich in Cheshire. There's the Anderton boat lift a few miles away, lots of canal-side pubs and marinas aplenty. Don't know all the canal names, but I'm sure the Shropshire Union's not far away...

I vaguely remember looking at something like this years ago, and there is a ring that goes around Cheshire, but don't quote me.

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 23/09/2011 18:55  

Oh I have always wanted to go on a barge hols count Baz and i inXX,good one Foxton locks Market Harborough

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2011 19:39  

quite right sharkey. It's called the cheshire ring and a fab journey. . . Unfortunately need to allow at least a week to 10 days. We took 2 weeks over it when i did it with my girls

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 23/09/2011 20:03  

Hmm is that ring made of cheese?

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 23/09/2011 20:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email