MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Weekend on a canal barge - do you fancy it?

Weekend on a canal barge - do you fancy it? - Forums [Biker Match] Weekend on a canal barge - do you fancy it? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Weekend on a canal barge - do you fancy it?

Just checking out whether folk would be inetersted in spending a weekend 'messing about on the water'

Am sourcing prices and stuff for a long weekend, Fri to Mon on canal barges, gauging interest before ploughing ahead :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/09/2011 11:07  

Should be interesting to see a barge wiv umpteen bikes on board pootling down the canal I'm in.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2011 11:14  

I would be very interested in this one

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 20/09/2011 11:22  

I would love to do this! I was brought up around the canals/rivers/lakes... my best friend lived on a houseboat and we used to knock about on a punt and canoes and I used to walk a Shire Horse along the canal towing a narrow boat for the tourists! lol It can be quite expensive to hire a narrow boat tho. A couple of mates of mine went on a 'night under canvas' holiday where you literally were given just a sleeping space on the narrow boat, no other facilties ( toilet was a hole at the end of the boat.. !! ) not sure I would want to do that ..but hey ho. XK.... I guess you mean pushbikes?

Update Reply
Karey @ 20/09/2011 11:41  

Kaz, Ziggy should feel quite at home messing about on the water, what wiv her covered in ducktape an all!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2011 11:53  

At first costings its working out at approx £60-£65 per person for Fri to Mon , i am hoping to bring that cost down :)

This is based on 8 - 10 sharing a proper big boaty thing with toilets , shower , kitchens and stuff lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/09/2011 11:55  

Oi XK... Ziggy is a 'He' .. no female would ever be so stubborn!! and he doesn't like water as much as I thought.. he had a reet hissy fit when I attempted to leave Squires in the monsoon last Sunday!! lol ...based on 8 - 10 sharing a proper big boaty thing with toilets , shower , kitchens and stuff lol lol @ jackie

Update Reply
Karey @ 20/09/2011 12:03  

Getting a bit worried already - toilets , shower , kitchens - no mention of a bar area

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2011 12:08  

You pootle about and find bars XK lol its like a floating pub crawl :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/09/2011 12:12  

ooooo I'd be up for this. Always wanted to do a canal boat hol If we get Spesh along aswell, he'd want to be captain though (what with his Navy background!)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/09/2011 12:20  

How long do we have to float for, between pubs?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2011 12:22  

Capt Spesh .................. mmmmmm best think that 1 through lol

Depends on ballast XK lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/09/2011 12:49  

Would be interested in this too thanks Jackie

sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2011 12:56  

BJ I hope the canal is deep enough for a russian sub marine so I can keep an eye on you otherwise I'll have to come onboard,

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 20/09/2011 17:26  

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Which canal have you been lookin at? ooooooooh love canals pleeeeeese can I come I know how to drive a narrow boat ...just like controlling a 70 foot supermarket trolley with bad wheels

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 20/09/2011 17:59  

yes please if we can take the bike with uslol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2011 18:22  

Sounds like fun, what date are you thinking of? If I'm not working I'd be up for this

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2011 18:55  

Can I fit the motor on the boat with a set of K&Ns and nice loud pipe,
I would be in for sure if I could.

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 20/09/2011 19:05  

Been in a canal ...so will be up for this one

Will need to confirm nearer time depending on spare cash.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 20/09/2011 21:26  

sounds like a good wkend this,,,,but as usual depends on time off work,,,and funds......and dates...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2011 22:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email