MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The biker nod??

The biker nod??  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] The biker nod??  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The biker nod??

lol @ you two maybe I should change my meds under your tried and trusted guidance Dr's J and BS Paladin wrote: youngsters tend not to nod until they are re-educated by the rest of us lol Behaviour breeds behaviour, very true...

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 09/02/2010 16:54  

must admit ive started waiting for the other rider to nod now days coz i feel a prat nodding when they ignor me trouble is that some times they nod at the last minute and it to late to nod back so i wonder how many other people are doing the very same thing ? just to english and polite for our own good me thinks

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 09/02/2010 17:05  

Nod to your hearts content Nealy, nothing wrong with being polite/english, though when you start nod rocking when off the bike in the corner then I know you're taking it a little too far

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 09/02/2010 17:18  

Must admit there is a lot less nodding than when I where a lad. Maybe it's 'cos the bikes is much faster? Maybe it's 'cos you are less likely to need help as bikes is more reliable. Maybe it's 'cos the police all look so young these days....I remember when this was all fields.......... AND Harley riders don't wave as it invalidates their warranty. sports bike rider don't 'cos they are in a different time zone. BMW riders don't 'cos we are all just not worthy. Goldwing riders don't 'cos they can't find the auto wave button etc.......

Update Reply
8 ball @ 09/02/2010 17:24  

For me be it a nod on the road or a nod on here its all the same... Hi there hope its going well, keep it shiney side up. I will (try to) raise a left hand in thanks when overtaking tho with L plates when I overtake I seem to become a target to be aimed for !!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/02/2010 20:02  

i think a nod on the road is alot different than on here....as on here people are after different things and sometimes trying there luck even if there attatched !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2010 20:05  

LOL @ Ian ... well I have not met any ... mind you its clear that i am with Mr_P

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/02/2010 20:07  

it dont seem to make a difference to some members..ah well!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2010 20:08  

I nod to every rider I see including coppers, always have and always will. I have noticed an increase in poseurs round here that don't nod or think their above all that......I must confess that I flip the bird as they pass. I just hate ignorance. Am I a bad man for flipping the bird? Oh I do hope so lol

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 09/02/2010 20:17  

no jim as we are on a big cruiser now, and yes i wear a shorty type helmet, i have noticed i get ignored alot off sports bike riders which really pis*es me off....so they normally get a shake of the head and the merchant banker sign !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2010 20:20  

I got into biking in the early 70's 'cos I not only loved the speed, the adrenalin, the thrills but also because it provided mates who were non-judgemental and like me enjoyed the lifestyle as an outlet for the rebel within. The nod, the wave & even flashing of lights is, for me, the acknowledgement & recognition of a kindred spirit and fellow rebel.

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 09/02/2010 20:35  

well said scorpio...makes you feel part of the community

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2010 20:40  

Ian in ur case shouldnt it be 'care in the community' ;p;

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/02/2010 12:24  

Scorpio hit the nail right on the head,it's about being in the brotherhood.A nod,a wave or a flash of lights all mean the same. I learned the lesson a long time ago when I was a yoblet on a moped,I had broken down and a group of bikers stopped and between us we got the thing going.One of them said to me "you should always stop and try to help a fellow bike rider,no other bugger will bother". I have never forgotten that lesson and have always tried to pass it on. You will always get "sub-groups"in any brotherhood and some will always be up their own ar$$e$ but they have their own particular reason for being and the colour co-ordinated,only ride at the weekend and only then if it's sunny,oh lets got to box hill crowd are no exception.They provide entertainment for the rest of us,like Mr Team Green on his Kwacker I saw.I think he would have had green tyres if he could,he looked like a giant rolling bogey!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 10/02/2010 12:40  

PML @ that image 'a giant rolling bogey'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/02/2010 12:55  

I passed my test Nov09 the week before my test I was out with the instructor training even then I used to get a nod or thumbs up from other riders even though it was plain to see I was a learner . So it is something I will do to every passing rider no matter what he or she may be riding .

Update Reply
peterjohn @ 10/02/2010 13:21  

I haven't yet passed my test but was amazed how many bikers did acknowledge me. I was also very grateful when I was following my husband and my bike just stopped and he carried on, for the 4 bikers who stopped to help me. My husband eventually realised I no longer behind him and turned back. By this time they had sorted out my fuel problem and was on my way again and passed said husband going back to find me. I gave him a nod!! and a hand signal to let him know I was ok... LOL

Update Reply
Amerthyst @ 01/03/2010 19:12  

ive been riding almost a year now, and i love the fact people nod at me, it makes me feel part of a giant group of people who respect each other.. I never nod scooters :/ dont know if thats an age thing or what..no disrespect to anyone who rides one !!

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 01/03/2010 19:25  

I do nod at scooters most of the tme and got to admit they are chuffed to bits, you can see a big smile from some as if they are being included in the brotherhood (and sister hood before I get mugged by our female members lol)...maybe they like the fact we accept them as a two wheeled friend....and i do know a couple of bikers who have broken down and where other bikes just paseed on by it has been scooters that stopped to help..... luckily one of these times a mechanic testing out his wifes scooter happened on a poor lonely biker in the layby...so it doesn't hurt to keep in with the scooter lot...they are just bikers inside waiting to move up to the next level lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/03/2010 20:17  

yep I nod at em all too! I never distinguish or leave anyone out, a biker is a biker in my mind whether on a scooter or motorcyle, no matter what size, cc or make, its still got two wheels so the rider is a biker lol! Respect, they're still out there doing it! As a former HOG member/local HD chapter member/lady of harley, I hated the snobbery/heirarchy mentality and never abided with it, never would. I know how good it feels to receive a nod so I like to return the compliment. So nods to all and ride safe whoever you are I say good luck on you

Update Reply
babyharley @ 01/03/2010 20:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email