MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The biker nod??

The biker nod??  (3) - Forums [Biker Match] The biker nod??  (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The biker nod??

I'll nod to most folks on motorised two wheels,.. as long as they arn't trying to break either end of the land speed record!!! I know a lot of plastic maggot pilots won't give a nod, and quite a few BMW riders too,.. but if I nod in good time, they've enough time to do the same without upsetting their concentration, and it seems to work, even though I am on a white STX!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 01/03/2010 20:41  

reliant drivers used to nod too in the late 60's early 70's

Update Reply
moonstone @ 01/03/2010 20:44  

I nod at anyone even myself in the mirrors lol

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 01/03/2010 20:56  

lol at paj1369 re "plastic maggot pilots" Brilliant haven't heard that one before...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/03/2010 21:56  

* I nod at anyone even myself in the mirrors lol* pmsl @ Sumo....................I had a budgie that used to do that too!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 01/03/2010 22:29  

I always nod at bikes,of all kinds. I even do this when i'm in my car. I don't get much response to that for some reason. When I started biking I used to flash my headlight. I stopped doing that when a flash to an oncoming biker was taken as a sign I was letting the idiot in a car out of the left junction ahead of me. Fortunately he realised I wasn't slowing down in time for contact to be avoided.

Update Reply
timhall @ 01/03/2010 22:37  

Yup that'll spoil your day mate, lol, never flash headlights at a car..its usually painfull or you end up using your nuts to grab the tank to stop you going over the top your braking so hard...lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2010 01:14  

a large group of riders coming the opposite way on a rideout say 15-20 riders.... do you nod at the first one and leave it at that nod at each rider (aaaarggghhh head drops off lol) or nod at the first and the last rider ? always bugged me that one ok i'll get me at and coat ^ ^

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2010 13:32  

Rather than risk head falling off... I raise me hand until they have all gone past!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 02/03/2010 13:42  

I nod to all bikers -- even found myself doing it when in my car... doh. I remember it feeling great when a ''real'' biker took the effort to nod to me when I was on my 125 years ago and when I did my DAS training. So its only good karma to pass that on. On forums surely its an icebreaker before having a chat??? (or am I opening a can of worms there lol)

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 02/03/2010 22:18  

some thing to do with armoured knights on horseback when a knight with the same coat of arms approachd them they would lift there helmets visors to identify each other, when not in armour they would mimick the same jesture transforming into a salute. which is why maybe bikers do it cos we think of it as a nation wide affiliation mmm just a thought and do all bikers nod/wave to each other or is it dedermind by which bike u ride mmmm

Update Reply
madhat @ 03/03/2010 00:50  

i nod all 2&3 wheels if they dont nod back sod em dont nod reliants though lol

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 03/03/2010 00:58  

I don't bother looking coz I would rather keep my eyes on the road. Bikers more often give rude gestures to trikers anyway. Sorry but its true in my experience

Update Reply
Bloggsey @ 12/03/2010 21:22  

This biker don't!! Don't generalise mate... I am sure the majority of bikers do not give rude gestures to trike riders!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 13/03/2010 09:56  

And you would know? Not generalising at all I did say SORRY in advance and said it was generally in my experience. But it is the truth IN MY EXPERIENCE that the few that give any gestures give rude ones TO TRIKERS.

Update Reply
Bloggsey @ 13/03/2010 20:40  

aaaah you said "sorry" well, that's ok then

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 14/03/2010 08:05  

Defence of sportsbike riders! - I ride sports bikes and acknowledge all other bikers with a nod 2 or 3 wheeled. Its bikers verses rest of the world eg: cars, lorries, buses, cyclists, pedestrians cos theyre all out to get ya! Its a respect thing with me, respect all other bikers. Well with the exception of 16 year old scooter dude with no mirrorrs, idicators or road sense who still have a lot to learn and need to earn respect through respect of biking. Thats only cos one of them nearly had me off my fireblade a few years ago when he appeared from between two parked vans without even looking!

Update Reply
Rich.H @ 14/03/2010 08:42  

Rich.H Scooters ! I ride both bike (tourer) & trike and never had a bad or rude gesture. And would never give one ! well only to CAGE drivers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2010 08:56  

I got chatting with a daily driver on a V Reg Ducati waiting for a BM no show. This guy was well seasoned wearing Hein Gericke Tuareg gear on a sports tourer. It was interesting him saying that he has had a one finger salute from other sports bike riders after out-cornering them only to have them drag past on well in excess of the legal speed limit on the straights. I have had similar experience on my old Tenere. Is this the Sunday rider all the gear no idea mentality & because you don't look the part and not part of their clique its F... You or is it because they have just been shown up for their inept riding skills?
By the way BattySteve, I nodded at a trike rider yesterday at some lights & got no response, maybe he was on shock!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2010 10:15  

well... hopefully I get my bike back today, so promise to nod at all two and three wheeled vehicles!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 15/03/2010 08:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email