MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The biker nod??

The biker nod??  (6) - Forums [Biker Match] The biker nod??  (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The biker nod??

basic common courtesy, me thinks.............

Update Reply
fairies1 @ 09/05/2010 15:13  

Majority think the same fairies 1, but there,s still those that don,t..or maybe they are giving a toe wave, similar to some euro foot waves!.....Nod sent

Update Reply
old red @ 09/05/2010 18:56  

im a pillion and i nod, get a nod back too its nice.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 10/05/2010 08:55  

My first weekend on a bike and I've been nodding at everyone - love it. Probably only about 50% of bikers nodded back.

Update Reply
DTR30 @ 10/05/2010 13:39  

Steady! I ride a Harley and nod at bikes and scooters alike - shame it's not always returned though. Please don't tar all harley riders with the same brush - we are not all 'non nodders'. I didn't buy a harley to be mean or anything for that matter - just liked the bike is all. I'll be getting of my soap box now thanks lol.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 10/05/2010 15:50  

I was told....not sure if it's the really reason... It's a sign of respect and wishing safe riding!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 10/05/2010 16:00  

'It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride' so they say and with that in mind I always nod other two-wheeled riders. The only thing that makes me chuckle is when you see a rider (in my experience, it's the plastic rockets) who look as though they are about to dislocate their necks when they nod. They seem to fling their heads around manically when a simple nod will suffice.....bless 'em . I always find that cruisers, harleys, Pan riders etc prefer a simple raising of the hand instead of a nod.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 10/05/2010 16:01  

I nod at all bikes....tend not to get many off the crotch rocketers ..but saying this i was on route to squires one afternoon and the leader of a group of 'said' bikers flahed and waved hand down at his side...to slow down....thought at first something was up with my bike/or that i might have known them lol./or an accident....but a little way up the road (out of site ) was a couple of mr p.c plods speed checkin...and had quite a few bikers pulled up......luckily for me i'd slowed down by time i passed..not that i was going obove the speed limit cheers to fellow bikers

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 11/05/2010 00:03  

hiya all.i was always told to nod to other bikers by my ex he said it was the bikers code,now got my own i nod at everyone , im a little nodding dog lol get well excited when get nod back shame alot dont no back thou xx

Update Reply
yamashirlz @ 11/05/2010 00:07  

I have been a biker for over 30 years and have always made it a point to wave at fellow bikers - esp the younger ones as i remember when i first started biking the good feeling and sense of belonging it used to give me by being acknowledged by older bikers.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/05/2010 21:36  

i reckon it's the "same gang" nod.. used to have 2cv.. we always used to acknowledge fellow loons i do think more bikers used to say hi in the old days with a light flash.. but you cant do that the same now we all have our lights on..

Update Reply
nawe @ 15/05/2010 13:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email