MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour

Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour

so is it or is it not this year mat???

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 04/04/2012 14:03  

Refreshing this topic

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/06/2012 23:35  

I worked in Vermont (n/e USA) for 2 years.
But unfortunay no bike when there, but traveled a bit
(5 months then 6 1/2 months) each year,
Would def happily go sept 2013 especially if anybody could
Extend the time?
Does anybody think buying better than hiring bike?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 05/06/2012 00:13  

I'd have done sept this year tbh
But already done italy/ France and then Norway via Belgium/ Denmark/ sweeden and Finland,
And committed to Spain / portugal this month so time/ pennies limited.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 05/06/2012 00:16  

it is better value to buy probably than hire ( a friend of mine did it a few years back)....however you have the issue of insurance and not being a US resident makes it awkward plus you would need to sell it at the end of the trip.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 05/06/2012 16:39  

yes interested :)

Update Reply
earthwind @ 05/06/2012 19:41  

just seen this. definately interested. would want to go coast to coast, and 2 weeks dos'nt seem long enough.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2012 03:42  

I am still up for this, but in 2013 and will be going regardless.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 07/07/2012 06:51  

Me too David, I'll be there too! Am LONG overdue a return trip to the beautiful SouthWest US.
An interesting thing to explore are the many Native American tribes there are currently living on the reservations.... particularly around Arizona. Navajo, Apache,Cochise,Coconino to name but a few....very interesting people to communicate with

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2012 11:29  

So how many folk would look to a 2013 run if I put one together ?

I don't want to put something together and everyone says yes and then drops out. You will need around £3.5k to do it after bike rental, fuel, food and flights.

My ROUTE66 SPECIAL

14 nights
2400 miles
18-48c Temp

1 bike and single room £1,935
1 bike and rider/Pillion double/twin £2,029
2 bikes 2 riders double/twin £3,699

This is for the bike and hotel only all meals, fuel, flights and extras are not included. I will guide you and that offer is non profit or anything going to me (I pay the same as you). I have ridden most of the routes there and have a close relationship with probably the best Route 66 tour guides in the bushiness.

Thoughts ?????????????

Update Reply
madscots @ 07/07/2012 18:12  

I will be up for that. Although longer would be nice.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 07/07/2012 18:24  

2 weeks is not long enough for me unfortunately so no can do sorry

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2012 20:10  

I have to admit I am with you on that one Lulu. It needs to be longer. I want this to be remembered as a journey of a lifetime. The cultural side interests me more than anything commercial. Visiting the native Americans sound brilliant.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 07/07/2012 20:25  

David last time I was there it was for about 3 and a half weeks and it still wasn't long enough the place is so massive to get around you can spend all day travelling so days go by too quickly I swore I would stay longer next time.
The Native Americans were everywhere in their reservations and mainstream towns etc especially up near Monument Valley, Grand Canyon territories (that is all Navajo tribal lands) so you will see them everywhere. A lot of them run or own hunting lodges/stores where you can buy guns etc and they make money from roadside stalls selling beautiful but expensive handmade jewellery and food like cornbread.
Wonderful people and so very very different from us mad caucasians.
Beautiful looking people too with their lovely darker skin and jet black hair and eyes

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2012 20:43  

Don't think you'll would find many folk on here than can spend 4 weeks renting a Harley and riding around the USA.

Your looking at nearly 2k in bike rental alone.

If your wanting a trip like that then a tour isn't really set up for that and better doing it with a small group of like minded peeps.

Update Reply
madscots @ 07/07/2012 22:52  

Yes Madscots was thinking on doing that anyway, minus the Harley (don't like 'em at all) I think it will be cheaper than a tour.

Im sure there will be plenty takers for the tour with BMers regardless

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2012 23:19  

a month sounds good. dont want to be tied down having to be somewhere for a certain day. if we're hiring bikes do we need a bike each.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2012 00:35  

I'd love to go, but won't be able to make it this year. Next year would be okay for me.

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 08/07/2012 19:43  

I really want to go but at that sort of price im going to struggle, will see how things are going later in the year

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 08/07/2012 19:47  

i would be up for this next year but wouldn't want to tied to specific days out as the states is so vast and fantastic and I have travelled (by car and truck etc) from east to the west before over the course of a 2 months one month paid leave and one month unpaid leave , loads of motels and accommodation available every where that you pull into and book and stay as well as camp-sites. (camped in Yellowstone park brilliant) so many states and so many beautiful and interesting things to see (and make sure you have good insurance)

but for me next year so bumping this one up for now anyway :)

Update Reply
earthwind @ 21/07/2012 13:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email