MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour

Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour

Earthwind, yes I agree it is better not to be tied to specific days out, also much cheaper to go by yourselves and not in a specific tour.
As you say the US is full of places to stay everywhere (ranging from the cheapest Travelodges of $15 a night to the most luxurious of $100 and above) and even in the middle of nowhere like the Arizona desert you will always find a motel with a pool
A long time is definitely needed to fully appreciate the place, I was there almost a month last time and it wasn't long enough I may just ask my bosses for some unpaid leave next year as well as regular hols.
If a group of people do it on their own, those who want to go home early can go when they please (the nearest main city airport) and those who want to stay longer can journey on.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2012 13:44  

:) yes and I agree always somewhere even in winter i have had people open up their lodge when most places were closed up in penslvania in the mountains and snow on the ground (money is money) and nice people who want to see you safe and warm

And the quality is better the rooms are bigger and you pay by the room

Update Reply
earthwind @ 21/07/2012 13:58  

Oh yeah the generosity of peeps in the US is overwhelming at times Me and my friend got so many offers of a bed for the night in some deserted and out of the way places, we stayed in the ones we felt good vibes in and politely declined the ones we didn't....
some wouldn't accept money but we insisted on at least doing some housework etc for them bless them
The tales I could tell (and Im sure you could too) but don't wanna go off topic of thread...
Roll on next year and the next visit there....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2012 14:12  

I was planning on going ride 66 for a month this year but my mums poor health prevents me at the moment. these tours are so expensive for what they are. A friend of mine who lives there now told me that motels start from about 30 dollars, all you can eat breakfast for £3 so when your there its very cheap to live. Bike hire is quite expensive so I was planning on buying a Harley there then ship it back here for about £450, now bearing in mind a second hand Harley can be 2 to 3 grand cheaper over there. once you sell the bike back here you should be liable to some import tax but if you keep it no tax to pay, if i have been told right.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 21/07/2012 19:25  

Update Reply
earthwind @ 21/07/2012 20:53  

On my Bucket list, but I would have to modify the bike first so I could ride it (throttle on the left and thumb brake etc).

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 24/07/2012 09:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email