MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour

Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thanx Holmfirthgirl :):):)

Update Reply
dabe @ 30/03/2012 08:43  

i heard back from Mark @ Blackcanyon tours today

Shells conversion to sterling is prety accurate So that's £1500-£2500 per person + £500-£700 flights + £60-£70 fuel depending on whether your taking a pillion etc it's around 1500 quid each for 2 sharing bike room etc

to hire the bike n plan yourself it's $78 a day about 350 quid a week + accommodation the hub tour & road trip both include bike and accommodation the Hub tour your based in Wickenburg with rides out some take 4 days some 2 with a break for horse riding etc

however there doesn't seem to be any places for September Mark will let me have available dates and space numbers when he get's back tonight

it would be handy to know how many we have i know it's short notice for most

so if at all interested for this year please stick your name down

Dabe Lulu

Update Reply
dabe @ 30/03/2012 15:22  

Like I was saying I don't mind which month it is .... I can wait :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2012 15:49  

would be up for it next year subject to the yanks giving me a visa

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 30/03/2012 16:03  

Hope you can make it Kwakgirl, I would rather go with a group off here it would be more fun but it seems most would prefer next year, I am happy to wait until then or whatever, Im in no rush....Im easy either way

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2012 16:08  

i fancy this year and next :) :):)

am easy though i think it would be fab with a group from here too :)

Update Reply
dabe @ 30/03/2012 16:11  

dabe - you have too much money and too many holidays!!!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 30/03/2012 16:24  

can ye to much or many ! lol

Update Reply
dabe @ 30/03/2012 18:05  

Sounds good and prices not bad for short tours of a few days if folks wanna do that

Matt I was talking about a USA tour months ago on here for 2013

Update Reply
madscots @ 30/03/2012 20:14  

both tours are 11 days but they can make one up to suit if there's enough ppl

Update Reply
dabe @ 30/03/2012 20:30  

see you got me thinking now and my ma lives in canada near Mount Tremblant - never thought bout flying out and hiring a bike - ive not visited since 1994 (shame on me but got better things to do with 2 wks holiday) maybe i should go this year and just hire a bike :)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 30/03/2012 23:28  

Go for it Kwakgirl, life is too short

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2012 03:59  

I'd be up for it, obviously dependent on my leave dates, but that can be massaged.

So who is up for it, obviously we could get a deal on flights if there is enough of us?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2012 19:29  

Last time I looked here Johnny I think there was only me and Dabe up for it this year round about September time, I think most people wanted to wait until next year.
So no definite numbers except 2 for this year so far! Others can correct me if I am mistaken in that
There is another thread somewhere that DavidNeale started I think for next year......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2012 20:44  

I started one but Matt thought it would be too confusing, so I requested that it was deleted by a mod. Not sure if that happened. Just checked, it seems to have been deleted. I am still up for next year though. Here is a link to a proposed trip by madscot back in September 2011. Not sure whats happening on this one. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...amp;page=1

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/04/2012 21:10  

Oh right I see David yeah if there isn't enough to go this year Im happy to join next year's deffo

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2012 21:21  

Lulu I just edited my post, you may not have read it before you re posted

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/04/2012 21:24  

Ok thanks hon, I will have a wee look now.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2012 21:25  

That threads's closed but very interesting nonetheless.

Ive driven round ( or rather my friend did the driving, I was navigator ) most of the South West US, Arizona,Utah,New Mexico,Nevada and California, we spent 4 weeks there sleeping in cheapo motels and on the move every day. But we didn't stick to Route 66 at all, in fact the only bit of it we saw or were on was in Flagstaff, Arizona.
That Western Trip that was mentioned in the thread would deffo get my vote, Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon are SO worth seeing

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2012 21:37  

Lulu, all that you mentioned appeals to me and camping for me would make it more in touch with the original concept of the region. What I am also iterested in is the different music venues, there are so many good ones in the USA.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/04/2012 22:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email