MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Triple1 lucky escape!

Triple1 lucky escape! - Forums [Biker Match] Triple1 lucky escape! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Triple1 lucky escape!

This morning whilst travelling to work after serious withdrawals of a week of no biking due to weather conditions, unfortunately triple1 did a triple summersault over a car. Traffic stood still (of which I was waiting in the queue), Mark came past filtering through and some idiot decided to try and beat the queue and turn round, unfortunately didn't check mirrors nor indicate and wiped Mark out throwing him through the air. Fortunately Mark wears a back protector and all the full kit so was very fortunate in that he amazingly has no broken bones, he's very achey but very lucky. Doctors said the kit had practically saved him from severe injuries. bike not quite as fortunate and being a typical biker the first question he asked was - how's the bike!! Just to emphasise how important the correct gear is for biking as I am sure most of you know better than me as a pilly rather than rider at the mo! Take care out there it's a crazy jungle.

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 13/02/2012 21:07  

And the voting for the tumbling routine: 7.5 for technical ability and 8.0 for artistic impression.

Seriously though, I hope he's better soon and more importantly back on two wheels as he's gonna be a nightmare till he's out there again.

Thinkin bowt you mate.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/02/2012 21:46  

Triple 1............Hope you're alright, sorry to hear this news, warm wishes sent ur way xx

Update Reply
wenders @ 13/02/2012 21:52  

Big gentle hugs Mark
xx

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 13/02/2012 21:54  

Mark; hope you are rapidly ache-free and the bike is soon back in service. Lucky Dawn was close by!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/02/2012 22:01  

Jeez Dawn, I didn't know you were with him when it happened, how awful if must have been for you too . Just sooo pleased Mark isn't too badly hurt and know how frustrating it's going to be for him having to rest, the guy can't keep still for a minute!!!! Take it easy Mark, we want you back on the road fully fit please...

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 13/02/2012 22:45  

Oooooh nooooo. Blimey Mark! Hope those hurty bits feel better soon. Need you fit again...don't forget we have a date with a video camera

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 13/02/2012 23:26  

Hope you get back on the road soon T1

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/02/2012 23:49  

Sorry to hear that, hope he's up and about soon and not too sore !

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 13/02/2012 23:56  

So sorry to hear that

Your heart must have been in your mouth seeing it happen.

I know too many that have been taken off like this by car drivers,

Hope your ok and back up and about soon Mark , bug but gentle hugs xxx

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/02/2012 05:53  

Fingers crossed your fit again soon and his insurance don't try and blame you

Update Reply
JP @ 14/02/2012 07:39  

Heal quick xxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/02/2012 09:16  

((gentle hugz))) Hope he's fighting fit soon

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 14/02/2012 10:44  

Not practising stunts for the next Borwick weekend I hope

Sorry about the bike Mark but really pleased you escaped with just a few bumps. New bike for a new season????!!

Hope you are OK too Dawn...bet that really shook you up too.

Hugs for you both

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 14/02/2012 12:58  

Hope yur back on 2 wheels soon T1. As for the driver I hope they take his licence away, feckin W*****r.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 14/02/2012 15:35  

Jeeeez Mark, hope you're ok and soon back on 2 wheels!

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/02/2012 16:26  

Sending you both huge but soft hugs.. Hope you recover quickly and the finer details of insurance go smoothly.. ~ Keep smiling.. no matter what.. you walked away from it and that's whats important

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 14/02/2012 16:37  

Sorry to hear but glad you are ok Mark you can replace a bike or repair it. Keep you chin up

Update Reply
bic chick @ 14/02/2012 17:12  

Its so good you bounce well for a skinny fella, So pleased you are only a bit bruised mark, I hope they do the Driver for dangerous driveing Get sorted soon matey, then we can take you shopping for a proper bike(PRESTON SUPERBIKES) just kidding

Update Reply
shawy42 @ 14/02/2012 18:31  

When filtering always be alert to the jerk who will without warning perform a u turn these people are utter cretins. im just glad his injuries are,nt more serious..... KK

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 14/02/2012 18:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email