MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Triple1 lucky escape!

Triple1 lucky escape! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Triple1 lucky escape! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Triple1 lucky escape!

mark asked me to pass on his thanx for all of the well wishes and from me too. superman thought he was ok this morning not really aching until he'd been up about 10 mins then it kicked in but all things considered he's up n about but sore n achey. other driver who is in his 80's has admitted fault mark already talking of bike shopping this week looks like bike is a right off, went to see it today. oh n Pete marks avoiding the kawak shops!!

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 14/02/2012 18:51  

CF75 wrote ''other driver who is in his 80's'' I still have no sympathy for the driver and he's still a feckin w****r. I really do hope the authorities take him off the road.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 14/02/2012 19:12  

By coincidence, just found this: http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/more-than-1-million-drive...roads.html

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 14/02/2012 19:24  

Very interestin, if not shockin TeeCee cheers. I won't highjack this thread with my rants ;)

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 14/02/2012 19:30  

Glad you're on the mend Mark. And hopefully see you out soon on your new bike

Update Reply
cw @ 14/02/2012 20:11  

Mark sorry to hear about your misfortune and hope you feel better very soon. It is unfortunate your bike was damaged but it can be replaced. From what I gather you are irreplaceable. I don't think we should necessarily be putting the blame on the drivers age. It's more about the drivers ability and awareness of other road users. OK the drivers age is no excuse and he needs to be re-assessed for all our sakes. Sorry for a partial highjack of thread.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 14/02/2012 20:16  

Not good to read, hope hes up and riding soon

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 14/02/2012 21:23  

#*¥@??? {huge hugs} but ^^+~¥!!!'

Please substitute for suitable swear words mark and i have a cbr400 taxed and mot'd just needs new screen and mirror if u fancy borrowing one in the meantime love

Hope u feel better soon hun but PHEW TFFT ur ok :-)

And dawn massive hugs for u love because i have a sneaking suspicion u probably had a massive heart attack just watching and not being able to do anything

Huge hugs all round guys and see u soon to give u proper hugs xx

Update Reply
mizzi @ 14/02/2012 21:45  

Ouch and Ouch and Ouch,
But glad to here you checked ont he bike first As long as you can walk away from it then everything will be alright the rest is just paint and dents. Hope your ok take it easy but dont sit still for to long or you go stiff, No not like that you bunch of pervs he has just had an accident tut tut

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 14/02/2012 21:52  

again on behalf of mark thanx guys.
wasn't stating accident due to age just the fact that he's 88 could make a difference ie ability to look round movement, vision, response etc could just as much have been an 18yr old.but that aside police said he will have to do driver awareness course n pass if he refuses will be charged with dangerous driving.
marks now my pilly but in the car form apparently we are off bike hunting tomoz possibly starting at the triumph dealers!!
so believe me cavywavy mark not guna cease up he never still long enough have to keep following him stop him doin stuff lol
take care everyone x

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 14/02/2012 22:55  

what sort of "stuff" you on about dawn???!!!!
and lovely that he has such good "friends" !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2012 23:02  

@ I-ronnie

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 14/02/2012 23:43  

Serious ouch!! Give him a gentle but manly hug from me

Update Reply
Wills @ 15/02/2012 00:52  

So glad Mark is on the mend, big hugs to you hon xx

Re TC's post ...36.9 million drivers on the road and 5 million are over 70 (i don't class 60 as old any more lol) ... 122 still drive at over 100, scary!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/02/2012 05:55  

CF75; I know what yu were sayin and I wasn't havin a go at yu ;) It just grips me that these people can drive vehicles unrestricted to cause havoc on our roads. I was nearly a victim of an octogenarian + last year.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 15/02/2012 08:31  

Well, it can't be easy to drive with eight arms....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 15/02/2012 08:41  

PMSL TeeCee

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 15/02/2012 09:04  

I'm pleased T1 didn't suffer the ultimate injury

'' a fractured wallet'' .

Nothing quite like the feeling of shopping for a new ride , with a fist full of insurance dosh.

My old dad (85) still drives and man ,is it scarey. He has the reaction times of a 'Əbar a day pot head'' . Good luck with your new ride ...Dusty...

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/02/2012 10:35  

Ouch ..... slow and steady recovery vibes sent your way Mark

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 15/02/2012 14:49  

hey mark glad you bounce well get well soon bud and will see you out and about soon John

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 16/02/2012 00:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email