MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bikers?

Bikers? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Bikers? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bikers?

its a BIKE rally

Update Reply
kaycat @ 17/01/2012 22:04  

You can't fool me Kay ....I know who said that 5 little words for you.....Yorkshire Rock and Bike Show

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 17/01/2012 22:16  

I ain't back tracking and I ain't being pretty scathing, Don't get all defensive and paranoid . If you bothered to read what I put instead of freaking out. I ASKED A QUESTION . So now I know the answer . If it looks like it's gonner be a bit cold or damp , I can come in my car and still get to play with the big boys . Ok. Now away bite some other persons head off for asking a question . It's my round at the bar. GOODNIGHT.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2012 22:23  

BIKE SHOW not rally

Update Reply
kaycat @ 17/01/2012 22:28  

I believe the original question said 'event' not rally. Lotsa reasons why peeps turn up in a car. And if u go to a rally where there r a lot of cars, don't go again. You pays yr money...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2012 22:49  

Dustin I wasn't being paranoid, defensive or freaking out but I interpreted your words as being scathing, you said 'excuses' and 'so called bikers'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/01/2012 22:54  

Have to laugh....oh yes i knew no shame and i turned up in my car- i've had my full bike licence for over 7 years now but until last sept couldnt afford a bike-when that one kaffled on the m6 kaycat probably saved my sanity and stopped me from having a complete nervous breakdown! I prefer the bike over the car but methinks really long distances might just be a car job in future because n

Update Reply
mizzi @ 18/01/2012 09:19  

Argh damned iphone! Have to admit breaking down on a bike certainly makes u feel a whole lot more vulnerable and the 2 hour wait for a pickup made me wish i'd been in my car lol! Hopefully my new ER5 will make sure i get my confidence back but it might be a while before i dare face the m6 on her lol! Turning up in a car to a bike rally isnt that big a deal :-) each to their own preference xx

Update Reply
mizzi @ 18/01/2012 09:24  

As has already been said this topic has been discussed on several occasions and does cause some difference of opinion :) Bearing that in mind can we all remember to respect each others opinions, whether we agree with them or not. Ta very muchly

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/01/2012 09:48  

Kaycat rock and bike is a rally that's why the slaves from all over the UK and europe attend

Update Reply
JP @ 18/01/2012 10:39  

that rite jp but i dident camp there

Update Reply
kaycat @ 18/01/2012 10:53  

There are certain rallys that are bike only, (excepting stall holders and disabled) if you only want to be around two wheels exclusively then only attend those rallys. I have done long distance rallys on a bike, Orkney to Manchester in one day anyone? Now I tend not to do rallys at all, I can't be bothered, with the whole field full of pissed people thing lol. Now if I had to chose only one vehicle to keep out of the bike and car, the heart would say bike, but the brain and lifestyle I have would need the car. Mum is housebound, and scuba gear doesnt fit on a bike.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/01/2012 11:02  

IMHO it doesn't matter how you get there
Unless you're going to challenge the individual as to why they're coming to a bike rally to be faced with a legitimate reason for them using it and embarrassed in the process does it really matter?? as has been said there are some bike ONLY rallys which is all well and good

But answer this one ... are you going to try and tell an NCC MC or HA member that they are not a true biker as they came in the car/van??
its the love of all things two/three wheeled that brings us together and THAT is more important than the mode of transport used to get there!!

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 18/01/2012 13:07  

If everyone turned up in cars, would it still be a bike rally?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 13:23  

I have always assumed, rightly or wrongly I am not sure, that the bikes only rule was to limit the numbers attending. Not really given it much thought though because I love the ride to the event, Interesting that there might be other reasons for the rule. I know MAG insist on bikes only entrance but Like I said I never had the provocation to challenge it before

Update Reply
d-w-b-h @ 18/01/2012 13:27  

Perhaps I'm harking back to simpler times when bikers were a very tiny and much maligned minority of the population. In the lakes every pub had a ''NO MOTORCYCLES" sign. You had to go to europe before you were treated like a human being. Nowerdays it seems that every one claims to be a biker whether they are regular bike riders or not. It is true that because of the rise of the ''born again bikers'' ,motorcycles and riders , are seen as more socially acceptable. It seems that I should be grateful to all these car driving wannabees and weekend warriors. Coz now I can get a pint in Keswick. However, I do believe that it is fundamentally wrong to turn up to an event in your car when a motorcycle under your bum is considered the norm. Legitimate REASONS excepted. ( your own conscience will decide if it's legitimate )We all know what I'm talking about . People with road legal decent bikes who arrive in cars coz it's easier, or drier , or warmer or whatever. Dusty

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 14:04  

and your problem with that is?????

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 18/01/2012 14:24  

Whooooo hooooooo!! I'm a born again car driving wannabee weekend warrior!! Finally I have a label.. taaaa muchly I have a Bike.. she's almost as lush as me... Health has stopped me from learning to ride her and being a "proper biker" But this site that doesnt judge or discriminate welcomed me with open arms and almost frog marched me to events.. in a car!! Without them.. the ability to turn up in a car I might have lost heart and hope and not bothered my backside to do something that I sorely miss.. Now my op is on Friday and next week I source who has the ulitmate pleasure in turning me into a "proper biker" ~ Hope I cut the mustard and will be welcomed everywhere on my bike or my car if it's over 250 miles..

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 18/01/2012 14:31  

And were happy you found us lady xxxxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/01/2012 14:39  

I think the days of the shunned motorcyclist being of lower status than a car drive are long gone, as Stroggy says its the love of bikes which is prevalent now. I think the labels are more for the gentle ribbing for amusment of all rather than segrigation within an eclectic group. I might be wrong but thats the way I see it. So when I am sitting sharing some old stories with my new bestist biker buddy (usually drunk) guess how much I care how they got to they rally, not a jot. Like I said there must be a practical reason why "no cars" is mentioned in the rally bumf.

Update Reply
d-w-b-h @ 18/01/2012 15:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email