MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bikers?

Bikers? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Bikers? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bikers?

As I said earlier Dusty on this site we don't discriminate against 'non-riders' as long as the love of bikes is with them. My partner comes from a long line of bikers, she was brought up with bikes, she did have her own 125 till not long ago, some macho biker took her rear wheel and hospitalised her! She's a great pilly though and she enjoys this site because no-one discriminated against her for no longer being a rider, hopefully she'll be back in the saddle some time this year but due to her back injury won't be able to cover much distance, should she be told to stay away from rallies cos she aint on a bike ? Times have changed Dusty, attitudes have changed, welcome one welcome all, doubt many will turn up to rallies/events unless they love bikes and that's what matters

Update Reply
old red @ 18/01/2012 15:07  

Now don't be presumptious rockchick.etc.etc. You couldn't possibly be a "born again car driving wannabee weekend warrior". You could only aspire to be a"born again car driving wannabee weekend WARRIORETTE. Coz afterall you're only a female. You shouldn't ride motorcycles , they are only for men. Although I don't have a problem if you ride a scooter[sidesaddle]. ....Dusty

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 15:11  

Ooooh........

Update Reply
old red @ 18/01/2012 15:17  

Ok stroggyman, I wasn't talking patch clubs or rally clubs. I was talking about this club,[if club is the correct word].And the problem is .....If I arrive at a BM event , eg Arran,and it's a wet weekend. Is it gonner be me , my bike and my little tent and the rest of you in motor homes or cars pulling caravans. You see, it is important coz I do wanna fit in.I don't want to feel the odd one out. .....Dusty

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 15:35  

With respect to yourself Dusty, going by your first 10 posts... ..i think it will more than likely be your attitude and your choice of words that alienates you from the crowd rather than your mode of transport. That aside..I sincerely hope that you find that which you are looking for. Regards... ..icey

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 18/01/2012 16:03  

I think.. his last two posts were an attempt at brevity... showing a bit of a sense of humour... Giving the benefit of the doubt here.. don't have the fight in me today to do the whole feminist thing Think also perhaps.. could be angling for "permission" to turn up in a car ~ Well you got it.. come however you please.. infact bike over to Newcastle and you can have a lift in a car Car because partner.. me and daughter can't fit on a bike and I don't think my 125 will get me there this side of Christmas

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 18/01/2012 16:15  

Quiet night in the pub last night . Marking the board for the ladies dart team , took forever. So I thought I would have a chat with some of the bikermatch members. Mmm what subject could I mention to guarantee a response............. LMAO ....Dusty xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 16:22  

Ohhh i see (sharing that benefit of the doubt). Thank you for the pointer rc. I hope that you are feeling better/stronger soon (but, please remind me to duck when you do..lol) Best regards and kind wishes... ..icey

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 18/01/2012 16:32  

You're pushing your luck now sunshine lol

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 18/01/2012 16:34  

that wasn't aimed at you Icey!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 18/01/2012 16:36  

Blimey I'm with Icey, if you are that mentally agile when you are poorly gawd only knows what its going to be like WHEN you are well. <hunts out protective clothing and hides under stairs shaking>

Update Reply
d-w-b-h @ 18/01/2012 16:56  

Rockchicky - mentally agile (luvs yr really)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 16:59  

have turned up with a motor home and the bike on the back for last years camp there was NO restrictions as to bikes only and if people dont like it then they should not go to the events. They should just go to bike only ones and stop bitching.

Update Reply
Timeout @ 18/01/2012 17:03  

broken collerbone late 70's . GSthou wrote off. Rallies in my mates van. Broken fingers mid 80's kwaka 750/ 4 rigid chop pillion and car . Broken tib and fib late 80's Harley lowrider. off the road 2 years. Cars only. Last twenty years? Very lucky. As for being sexist ,,,, not a bit. I helped one of my ex's learn to ride and what a fantastic rider she was . Around the lakes roads she could burn most of the guys. She was fearless , wouldn't back off for a thing. ......................... Anyhow I hope you all enjoyed this interlude . There's nothingquite like giving someone a good slagging off is there?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 17:17  

Well with your post on your injurys think your safer in a car you cant fall off that

Update Reply
JP @ 18/01/2012 17:35  

Oh I don't think that's to bad a record for 40 years riding Jp,After all , you know what they say . If you ain't fell off, you ain't trying hard enough lol .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 17:52  

I aint broken nowt in 30 years of riding does that make me a good rider,, plenty of close shaves but always stayed up,,, know alot of bikers I wouldnt park next to let alone follow,,,,

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 18/01/2012 17:54  

OHHHHHHHHHHHH Wenders here

And, may i add Mr Dustin, you are very lucky that i have promised Matt to behave with my comments on threads!!!!!!

Firstly, whether you are joking, baiting us female bikers to bite, or being just a plain old boring male chauvinist, you're following comment was uncalled for:-

Coz after all you're only a female. You shouldn't ride motorcycles , they are only for men. Although I don't have a problem if you ride a scooter[sidesaddle]. ....Dusty

WHY NOT??????????

If, motorcycles were meant only for men, then surely god wouldn't have created man with those little dangly bits you've got between your legs?? (little not being sarcastic just not big compared to mens heads)!!!!! So much comfier on a bike not owning a pair, surely!!!????

As to taking cars to bike events, aside from the obvious reasons, disablement, illness, busted body, loving bikes but not owning one or bike off road etc.....Personally for me i think its wrong. I had to go to a rally last year in a car as my bike was poorly, didn't enjoy half as much, felt naked!!!!!!

That is my opinion, which i am entitled to, but why do we go to bike events in the first place??? Apart from our love of bikes, trikes etc, I for one go because in this day and age, its one of the few venues where we can go to thoroughly enjoy ourselves, without the threat of drunken yobs causing chaos...A place of pure friendship, where we don't have to watch our backs the whole time, hoping not to get glassed, beaten, stabbed or worse.......So, if people love bikes and want a good time, why shouldn't they go to a bike event????

Maybe you had bikes, then got married and kids etc, lost your job and could no longer afford to own a bike, does that mean the way of life you love has to be prohibited because of unfortunate circumstances????? That, also to me is wrong!!!!!!

Pro's and cons to every situation in life, everyone must juggle their's and make the most out of it!!!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 18/01/2012 18:03  

After my accident I still wont be able to ride for some time by the look so If I dont go by car I wont be going lol

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 18/01/2012 18:11  

Hi Wenders , I was hoping you would have joined in last night , or earlier today before I confessed to it being a wind up. I've read some of your "Ms angry" posts and I think it would have been a riot. ...Dusty

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 18:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email