MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bikers?

Bikers? (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Bikers? (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bikers?

so good he said it twice

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 20/01/2012 01:41  

What a load of crud! Dustin, your initial comments were not a wind up, IMHO. I interpreted your opening post as a snide dig at those who take a car to rallies. Further comments by you were attempts at back-pedaling cos you realised you'd been a bit antisocial, and offensvie; and in between you reverted back to your original opinion, of which you are entitled of course, but please don't insult my/our intelligence by making out it was a wind-up all along. Maybe next time use the icons/smilies then we know it's a joke/wind-up?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/01/2012 11:30  

Now people....I think the point has been said and if any more people start ranting and raving at this guy...it is becoming a witch hunt and band wagoning.... As we are apparently nice and a social site lets remain that way ...courteous and above it all...... It's becoming like a play ground witch hunt....let it go... I think we all get and he gets the message now.....

I too believe that unless sick,lame or weary, or financially incapable you should take a bike to a rally.... Ok there may be the odd occasion due to some circumstance you take a car .......but if you don't because there is a few spits of rain and you might get it wet then awwwwww my heart bleeds purple piss...... And shame on you...

My belief and I don't care if you agree or not....simples. :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 13:26  

I've been to many bike club events and rallies in the car, van and even the bike on the trailer behind the car or van, Why, because either I wanted to or I couldn't fit the wife and kids and camping gear on the bike at the time.
I've also ridden 100's of miles to national rallies for a National and even international motorcycle club I helped form. I've also ridden to these rallies on my bike while the my wife (at the time) drove our car with the kids and camping gear in it.

So what if I don't want to ride 200 miles in the rain or sun, my choice at least I turned up to support the event.
However, if the rally/club rules say no cars then I doubt if I'd go cos IMHO that is just dumb.
If someone said to me at a rally/biking weekend or what ever "this is a bike rally mate" my 2nd word would be off.

If you pay subscription fees to a club you should be able to arrive on whatever mode of transport you like.
I organised a national rally to take place in Wales for the bike club I mentioned earlier, two guys from Scotland came down by train and I rode my bike from Southampton others brought their bikes in vans and on trailers or just left the bike at home and cam by car.

I don't see the problem turning up to a bike rally/biking weekend on or in whatever you like.

As for women on bikes, or women riding bikes to rallies,,,, that or the though of it didn't even cross my mind, why the hell should it (sorry I didn't read ALL the previous messages).
Nothing can beat the feeling of being out on a bike, either in a group or just you with your girlfriend, partner (or wife ) riding their bike

Update Reply
Big Fred @ 20/01/2012 17:06  

I'm wondering, if these same 'bikers' are the same ones who you see at the NEC getting out of thier cars in all their bike gear so they can walk round looking like they arrived on a bike... now that does puzzle me. Now come on children this is 2012 not 1978 and bikers can actually have a car and not have to feel ashamed any more Unless it's a nissan micra of course (only kidding)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 17:34  

Thanks bigman , realy appreciate your comments. now back to the fray. It's the usual thing , it doesn't matter what you say . some one with an axe to grind will twist your words , take them out of context , they'll agree with the few words that suit their point of view and accuse you of lying when your words don't suit. Sandi... You said that I had used scaithing comments such as "excuses" and "so called bikers". I think if you and every one else checks back , at that point , I had posted no such thing. When I agreed that there is some good reasons for having to turn up in a car.I can only assume that this did not suit your purposes. because you say'' I was back peddling. because I had realised that I had been offensive". E ven later on when I revealed all the times that I had been off the road due to accidents . and had went to rallies in cars . You completely ignored it . It didn't suit your agenda. Big AL's tuesday night ladies darts team, top of the 1st division, I was taking turns marking the board with my mate Baz. I decided to open a thread , guaranteed to get a few comments. But the truth doesn't suit you does it Sandi . In order for your brand of viciousness to work , I have to be a liar. People like you HAVE to be right . and you ignore anything that would prove you wrong. Feel free to apologise if you wish , but I doubt If you have the ability. I'll get to the rrest of you later. ....Dusty

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 18:08  

Think you will find everyone is looking forward to it lol

Update Reply
JP @ 20/01/2012 18:16  

OK lets have a look at the sexist Neanderthal pig . Similar story really , when rock chick stated that she now had a label. I genuinely, and I imagine quite a few of you,believed that she was making a humourus comment. I replied with what I considered to be a slightly mischevious and humourus reply . I find it very difficult to believe that anyone reading those two posts together could believe that the first one was humour and the second one was part of an agenda to remove women from motorcycles and put them on scooters. [ there is a thread that predates this load of bollox, pillions, where I happily admit to riding on the back of my girlfriends bike.] Now then IF anyone male or female was genuinley offended[ rather than pretending to be offended , to make a point ] I appologise. I have never been accused of being sexist . I couldn't think of a good reason to be sexist. Ican assure you that I am not sexist. .....Dusty...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 18:49  

Big Fred I think what you describe comes under the odd occasions to take the car...as in there is a purpose it is not the norm.....as clearly you enjoy your biking and given the choice you would ride as you demonstrated by " even took the bike and the wife and kids took the car"....

My remarks re Walter Mitty types are the ones Blade_rider mentioned....those that turn up in a car dressed as if they had completed the TT on the Sunday run..... I have no problem with anyone enjoying the biking scene going to rally's as an enthusiast ....

But don't turn up like a Hells angel getting of your hog when the only two wheels you have been on is a Raleigh Arena 21 speed..there is no need for the two piece racing leathers when you come in a car...even if the bike is off the road......

If you get understand what I mean fine if you don't there's no point in me trying to say anymore on it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 19:03  

I don't really care how people get to rallys, be it bike/car/helicopter, is it really such a big deal??

Like Fraglette i don't do many rallys now, cos it just seems to be full of men acting like kids, i.e. they get pissed and spew up everywhere, not my idea of fun!

It is up to me how I get to a rally and has F all to do with anybody else, if you don't like my mode of transport, tough, but if you have anything to say, kindly say it to my face and not behind my back.

(pulls up a chair and passes round the jelly babies)

oh and by the way, i've been riding bikes for over 20years and attended rallies from Scotland down to Cornwall and spannered at the TT

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 20/01/2012 19:36  

Spannered at the TT didnt know you knew what a spanner was hun or did you just pass them still running xx

Update Reply
JP @ 20/01/2012 19:43  

feisty girl if I had something to say directly to you or anyone I would say it directly.......so pull up your chair and eat your jelly babies and distribute...... red one please

and as for how many rallies or for how many years anyone has been to it matters not... it is of no consequence. but I have since a kid...I think..... yup I can remember, just about .... I also have been doing a lot of other things for a lot of years, doesn't make me any better or more entitled to anything...... and a lot of them if I turned up looking like I was actually doing one or other of the those activities I would look a little silly....for instance a bike race meet in racing shorts and clip on shoes just to look like a road racer! I have been to a rally in a car, bike off road...I wore jeans and warm jacket... normal clothing as I didn't need a 'uniform' to look the part...

read the my posts(all posts even) as I said I am entitled to my thoughts and if you don't like I don't really care.... but don't imply I am for some reason singling anyone in particular out as I am not... if anyone fits the description well that's for them to deal with..... not me.....

Now before this starts getting on my tits, like these things usually do and blow up out of all proportion lets just leave it...I have my views and you have yours... at the end of the day people agree or not and folks will do what they wish regardless of my views, your views or anyone else.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 20:34  

** passes johnny a 2 red jelly babies

couldn't agree with you more about wrapping this thread up

JP run all ya like... you'll have to stop eventually for a sausage butty....

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 20/01/2012 20:49  

Not alowed sausage buttys there bad for me so you will have to run to catch me that will be well worth seeing

Update Reply
JP @ 20/01/2012 20:55  

Dusty, I was genuinely offended by the comment, hence the reason I posted a reply. I appreciate your apology and also apologise to you if I misinterpreted your comments. I agree with Johnny - let's give it a rest now, Katie

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 20/01/2012 21:49  

Just got in from work, saw this thread, and knew I was in for a good read; lol. Now I'm just waiting for Rockchick to get her boxing gloves out.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 20/01/2012 22:38  

Rockchicky will be out of the ring for a couple of days, recuperating from an op on her ear. for Anne

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 22:56  

Simon I couldn't give a monkeys about who has or hasn't got their boxing gloves out....this thread started off as a question then spiralled out of control....through poor wording and misinterpretation and some high spirits a lot of jumping on band wagons etc etc the last thing it needs now is more fuel on the embers...it's already been balled out, apologised, balled out and apologised again and rolled up nicely then put to bed......let us leave it in its slumber so peace can prevail...life is far too short.....

I thank you :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2012 01:07  

Locking this topic pending moderators decision Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/01/2012 09:12  

Agreed Sandi, This topic is now locked for the following reasons. It has become too personal, with inappropriate comments being made about individual members. The have been inappropriate comments made, which members have found offensive. Please remember folks, even if you mean something in jest, other people may find it offensive. There is never an excuse for a personal attack against other members in a public forum.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/01/2012 17:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email