MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Would you ride pillion?

Would you ride pillion? - Forums [Biker Match] Would you ride pillion? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Would you ride pillion?

I was just reading the post on the new BM logo, they are struggling quite a lot to get a logo to please the majority. One of the problems they are having is a few pics show the lady as pillion and a few peeps didn't like this as there are now plenty of girlies that ride their own bike. Soooo my question to the girlies in here who ride their own bike is........"Are you quite happy to ride pillion too?" Oooo!! Must not leave the boys outof this... "Are you quite happy to ride Pillion (behind a girl)?" Ann-Marie x

Update Reply
missme @ 08/01/2012 09:35  

Not after reading Ronnies's ride for a ride thread, they may have ulterior motives (yeah, I wish) Seriously though, most people that ride their own bikes arn't happy as pillions, no matter who the rider is, because they're always thinking about how you would be approaching this bend/overtaking this car etc etc

Update Reply
centurion @ 08/01/2012 10:00  

I love riding pillion I have to trust the person 100% before i get on their bike though . There are only a select few that i ride pilly with and i'm quite happy holding on tight taking in the scenery . It gives me the chance to experience speeds that i can't reach on my wee cruiser lol .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 10:05  

i'm quite happy holding on tight Chance would be a fine thing, with a lady rider! Which self-respecting red-blooded male wouldn't?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 10:39  

I don't make a good passenger and there's very few people I would ride pillion with, but from the few people I will get on a bike with one of them is a female.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 08/01/2012 13:09  

Same as simon on this its a lack of control, and I dont mean in a controling way

Update Reply
JP @ 08/01/2012 13:48  

I haven't riden pilly since I passed my test, I don't think I could handle not being in control of the bike - don't get me wrong, I rode pilly for years before that and loved the experience. Would be nice to have that trust is someone i suppose.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 08/01/2012 14:08  

I love going pilly, even though I'm still a bit nervous to start with. However, everytime I've pillied with someone from here I've always felt safe (even with CW trying to get home in time to watch the football!!! )

I've only just begun to learn to ride my own bike so going pilly gives me a chance to go further and faster and to take in some of the scenery.

No idea how I will feel in another couple of years once I've got more experience riding myself

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 08/01/2012 14:11  

I love riding and being in control of my own bike but I also enjoy going pilly, but it would depend on the rider. I find i sit there anticpating the road and bends, I also use it as a learning experience, seeing at what speed or lean angle he takes corners etc. If it means I get out on a bike im happy.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 14:15  

I have enjoyed being a pillion on my fella's bike in the past its kinda nice being up close and touchy, I like it I have had some thrilling rear rides in the past (now keep it clean please ) round the Nurburgring and the TT course ......I just sat down, hung on and shut up .....his mates spotted us and thought he was wearing a rucksack I echo what a few of you are saying about trust though, there's nowt worse than being on the back and thinking..."you can't ride this bike, and spotting hazards you assume they didn't But I also find I tend to start nodding and try not to fall asleep if motorways are on the route not good However, its just me myself and I at the moment Ann-Marie x

Update Reply
missme @ 08/01/2012 15:07  

love being a pilly with fax
will give pilly if someone need a pilly and am happy to do it
have pilled both my kids (one at a time )

Update Reply
kaycat @ 08/01/2012 16:03  

i love bein pilly with my fella and feeling him in control of the bike also love gettin the chance to look around if i fancy and relax i love riding my bike tooo, but sometimes i get lazy and chose pilly and then wish i had ridden me own bike as its a totally diff feeling lol... typical me... eternally conflicting hahahaha i have been pilly on a fair few mates bikes some of which i was glad never to get back on again!!! and some i really enjoyed and would defo do again...... some guys feel in control and you feel safe... others no matter how slow or fast you go feel like they aint realy suited to riding!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 18:54  

I dont like being pilly, and havent been on the back seat for yearsssss, like Bobs its the control factor...............

Suppose if it was choice of being a pilly or never going on a bike again i prob would, but defo prefer riding myself 100%

Update Reply
wenders @ 08/01/2012 19:23  

Has anyone been pilly wiv u? Serious, no p take. Just curious.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 19:30  

Yes xk ive taken a few pillies...on my z1000 took mates to bulldog, welsh show, anglesea show, my kids been on back...no probs........but wont take pilly no more since op on my spine, havent got the strength in my leg no more to hold bike up when stopped if they have a change of bum position............wont put anyone else at risk now!!!
So stop ur cheek or ur going to get a headbutt not a slap!!!!!! lol

Update Reply
wenders @ 08/01/2012 21:17  

I started off as a pilly before i learned to ride as I am sure most girls did.

Doesn't bother me at all to go pilly or to take someone as a pilly although if you do start pratting about I will stop and ask you to get off and leave you in the middle of nowhere!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 08/01/2012 21:48  

lovitt fg but thats sometimes the only way to teach some peeps

( yer a great pilly yourself by the way as well as a decent rider too)

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 08/01/2012 21:50  

Warning to Stroggy: Don't go pilly with fg and prat about!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2012 00:06  

Since Ive been riding myself I obviously prefer riding my own bike, but I ride sedately... dont like being pushed into going faster than my own personal limits. Sometimes miss being pillion on a sports bike but next but last rider I was with went straight thru traffic lights at red ending up with a nice little off. Then last ass I went pillion with decided it was fun to do about 135mph on A64 to Scarborough. My son, bless him who is 6ft 1 has been on back of little old me, who is 5ft 1, to Squires a few times. Bless him for trusting me and also took a mate pillion to Rock and Bike do at Squires. For me though, riding solo, on my own bike is the way to go. At my own pace, no responsibility for anyone else

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 09/01/2012 00:35  

dont mind going pilly but i do fall asleep some times

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/01/2012 01:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email