MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Would you ride pillion?

Would you ride pillion? (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Would you ride pillion? (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Would you ride pillion?

Davidneale...DVLA...passed my bike test at 18 (all those yrs ago) moved house,paper licence came back with full bike entitlement on it, moved again and got fined for speeding,sent off licence to have points put on,new address and card format licence. Went to look at bikes back in October,wanted to test ride the ER5, produced my licence at the dealers who informed me i didnt have bike entitlement on it. (couldnt do test ride). contacted DVLA who told me i had to prove by producing my paperwork that i had full licence...it was many years ago and many house moves ago. Sorry then you will have to re-take your bike test to be able to ride. My son,s been in touch with MCN who have confirmed this is an all too familiar story,and there is nothing we can do about it... Have written to DVLA asking for a copy of my old licences, that isnt a service they offer was the reply... I dont like DVLA very much right now.!

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 13/02/2012 21:50  

Allison it may be worth enquiring with DVLA to see if they have a complaints department. DVLA are known for making lots of mistakes and they should account for them. I would keep trying. Good luck

Update Reply
davidneale @ 13/02/2012 22:05  

Do not like going as a pillion and also do not like carrying a pillion.

I never used to mind until I came off with a very good friend of mine on the back, front wheel got sliced by a sharp manhole cover and I lost the front end. I walked away, mate went to hospital and unfortunately the pillion almost always gets it worse. Would not be able to carry on if someone died while I was riding.

Update Reply
Edinburgh Saffie @ 14/02/2012 10:09  

I'd love to ride as Pillion but have never had the opportunity hey maybe one day someone will let me. Think like its already been said few times on this thread thouh is think I would need to trust who was driving too.

Update Reply
Meliejayne76 @ 14/02/2012 13:53  

Got stuck at the cross roads JP thats why i was late. I was quietly shouting the instructions as we were travelling . just presumed i was being heard.

Update Reply
Timeout @ 14/02/2012 15:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email