MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Would you ride pillion?

Would you ride pillion? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Would you ride pillion? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Would you ride pillion?

Like FG I started pilly before deciding its probably more fun being in control of my own bike .. and it is .. love it. Pilly good too as taking the 'back seat' is a little treat for me .. watching and learning. I've never taken a pilly yet .. but this year is going to be practice?!? year for some unsuspecting person x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2012 12:26  

Not sure if other folk think as I do on bike,
As for me the "travel sickness" part stops me wanting to be
A pilli,
Also think I'm too used to being sat in that front seat?
On the rare occasion it's been necessary to be pilli,
The riders been less experienced and lighter, not fun.
Do folk who are bigger (15 stone ish here) who pilli
With small riders, not feel like a big sail and bike front light?
Not sure if I was in that position that riding was at all fun?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 09/01/2012 13:23  

Know what you mean about large pillys as I'm only 10st, but never found it to be a problem once I get moving, setting of and stoping can be a problem but as long as the pilly know what they are doing than it all works ok, would love to find a regular pilly lighter than me

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/01/2012 13:51  

Know what you mean about large pillys as I'm only 10st, but never found it to be a problem once I get moving, setting of and stoping can be a problem but as long as the pilly know what they are doing than it all works ok, would love to find a regular pilly lighter than me

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/01/2012 14:38  

Pmsl!!! O mi god-yes i love being up front but absolutely love going pilly....pillying pots was a remarkable challenge-and lmao LF u brave girl :-)

Cant beat a good workout as pilly but it helps if u dont end up feeling like u've had ur arms wrenched out of their sockets and every bone in ur body broken lol!

I'm hoping my mr awesome will take me pilly at some point but cant wait to get out myself on my new bike :-) roll on lots of days off in feb and march and here's to mile munching :-)

Update Reply
mizzi @ 09/01/2012 14:47  

In a word YES love going pilly even if my arms do feel longer when we arrive back nothing beats the buzz I get from being a pilly, its a good mental workout as well as a physical one !

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 09/01/2012 14:52  

ooo I adore being pilly!!! being on the back of Spesh is deffo a serious work out for the inner thigh, but boy is it fun ...Bill you were cool aswell

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 09/01/2012 16:33  

I'm too big a lad to go on back of the bike and wouldn't be happy too.

I don't mind having a good pillion on the back of bike and enjoy the closeness if it's someone special.

Update Reply
madscots @ 09/01/2012 17:25  

I have the problem of being 8 stone 10 and only 5"0' little not big. .....adverse cambers, wheel ruts and gravel are a problem, even with just me riding Its a delicate operation stopping and parking on tippy toes I only take pillions smaller than myself........Mmmmm not many of them around.. (they are all busy doing panto, or being thrown ) Ann-Marie x

Update Reply
missme @ 09/01/2012 21:33  

well i dont know what it is but i dont like riding pillion, i think its the whole control thing, saying that im not to happy with them being on the back either! more weight to throw around lol

Update Reply
Monkeycbr @ 09/01/2012 21:53  

From all I hear Bill would be a good rider to pillion with for the speed and fun factor, but Bill, don't think I come under your 10 stone mark me love. Think I'll stay riding my own bike sedately... just wave as you pass

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 09/01/2012 23:32  

Hey Suzy I'v had bigger pilly's than you in the past and I'm sure there will be more but I do rember following you and your not that sedate

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/01/2012 12:48  

I seem to recall Suzy getting quite sedated at The Bridge Rats rally a couple of years back...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/01/2012 13:14  

short answer.....not a chance! but would take a fella on bike of mine no bother ...if theres any takers

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 10/01/2012 14:00  

Loved riding my ickle bike but was over 10 years ago now (and not many signs of getting another one yet! ) so no choice but to love pilly - and I dooooo yep good for workout, great when you are nosey like me mooching in the trees on the country roads for wildlife (so long as they don't jump out!), taking in the views, getting the buzz of the roads, shooting the breeze - doesn't really have the same effect in the car with the windows down! Have got to say that as far as control goes - I like a grab rail rather than hugging the rider but I've learnt from the past that it does depend on the bike.

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 10/01/2012 21:20  

i dont mind riding pilly at all, i have done many a time for a change, and i do ride my own bike and have done for years. I do have to trust the person, i wouldnt get on the back of just anybody now.Done my share of going on back of nutters(brothers) when i was a teen.lol, but it was the thrill of being pilly from an early age that got me into bikes in the 1st place, so no regrets there

Update Reply
carrie203 @ 10/01/2012 21:31  

before my accident when I was the rider, I wasnt happy about going pilly but was talked into going on the back of a freinds harley, i was scared to start with as I wasnt in control, but eventually settled down and enjoyed it.
Since my accident I have been pilly once at st georges day parage in birmingham last year, I was absolutly petrified but i had to do it. I went on with some1 I trusted and knew wouldnt act the pratt on the bike. I wasnt particularry happy or comfortable about it (espesially as i still had 28 staples in me leg) but was glad I done it

Update Reply
drobess @ 10/01/2012 21:37  

I've been riding for 30 years, and have only been a pillion a few times. But as I've known and trusted the people involved, I loved it!!!!

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 11/01/2012 19:33  

Hi Im a Newby and enjoying your topics, Riding pilly is similar to giving your heart away, you gota trust the other person or you could get hurt. Craig.

Update Reply
trumpetrider @ 15/01/2012 18:25  

last time i went pillion there were sparks on every roundabout and my feet under his arm pits on the straights never again.If I'm going to crash I want to be the first to know! How you girls hang on I'll never know, a lot braver than me that's for sure.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2012 18:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email