MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Meet up in Kent area

Meet up in Kent area (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Meet up in Kent area (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Meet up in Kent area

Hi Rosso, pick a sunday, not 4 Dec and I'll blat down Kent way.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 16/11/2011 22:05  

How hard can this be to make happen? I appreciate family and work commitments do hamper plans like these, but come on everyone! Main thing is to post a date and location and get a response. Maybe start off with a Bill Ivy (local lad) theme in Maidstone and take it from there!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2011 00:10  

I would come across from Bournemouth for a meet, but as Andy knows I am off the bike until at least March after breaking my ankle..

I am up for any meet next year so will keep my eyes peeled

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/11/2011 13:02  

well it all looks good lots of people interested be a blast

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2011 13:21  

Woohooo Andypandy looks like your idea is going to take off - good on you When you arrange a camp, Star and I, together with a few of the other Scottish crew im sure, will make the road trip south to support it. Good luck, Katie

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 17/11/2011 14:00  

looking like we might manage a ride out

Update Reply
oi oi savaloy @ 18/11/2011 23:46  

Sounds good rossoandy get some things sorted for this neck of the woods, looks as though interest is gathering. Unfortunately won"t be able to do anything until after new year,my bike"s a bit sickly right now. i"m quite close to where you are just over the border into e/sussex bexhill to be exact, gonna keep my eye"s skinned for further developments !

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 20/11/2011 22:11  

ta fer replies everyone, had a few other pms too so we will be sortin sunfin soon...

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 21/11/2011 15:24  

Hi rossoandy
Good to see a plan come together i have just got back on site
and moved to Canterbury so sure up for a Kent meet.

Just a suggestion, have had a few meets at a Rock pub in Maidstone
have a look
www.earlsmaidstone.co.uk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/11/2011 17:40  

Can highly recommend earls - all bands I've seen there have been good and the beers good too!

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 22/11/2011 18:32  

im up for coming to sunny kent im away for the next two weeks any time aft looking good lol any idea of date yet im a bit inbetween of the meets in milton keynes lots go on in brum an up north so this softy southerner is good to travel lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/11/2011 20:17  

yep i'll defianty be there to get that red lolly pop

Update Reply
snowy 50 @ 22/11/2011 21:29  

ok folks,stone gatherin moss now so to speak! I agree Earls Maidstone a good start, where can we park there tho WMF? Can u take a look fer us. I also looking at pub near Brands for another eve as nearer M25 for easy access London way folks. Main issue now wil be timing as we gtn near xmas and folk get busy? Any comments welcome..andy

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 24/11/2011 10:30  

There are quite a few car parks within easy walking distance of Earls, but will have to look into times for parking tariffs. There is space very near Earls for bikes, but again not sure how busy it gets of an evening. Will probably depend on day and time of meeting. Of course, I don't care - I can walk there!!

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 24/11/2011 10:53  

dont mention parking taffifs to me!! grrrrrr

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 24/11/2011 12:14  

Hi Rossoandy & all

The Moat hotel pub is a good meeting place at the bottom of
Wrotham Hill & of course we have the Oakdean cafe bike night on Wednesday evenings.

All with free parking

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/11/2011 13:05  

yee know emm both well Vent, VJMC xmas do at the Moat soon... Good idea for a wed eve meet in the cafe tho... just weather against us at mo huh.. still we can put a meet there on the calander for a spring ride out one sunday as well. I think first meet is gonna be Maidstone..drawing up a list now of venues n dates to go on here.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 24/11/2011 15:33  

sounds like you have a plan forming looking forward to it

Update Reply
snowy 50 @ 24/11/2011 20:06  

Just looked on Maidstone Borough Council website and it is as I thought. There are several car parks dotted around with parking bays for motorbikes, which do not have to be payed for. However, there are limited spaces in each car park. If you don't manage to get the bike into a proper bike space you have to pay as for a car. For those wishing to travel by car the following rule applies:

'If you are parking after 6.30pm only and will leave the car park before 8am the following morning, then you must pay the £1.50 overnight charge only.'

I do have a car park in mind that we could use as central meeting place if everyone is happy with the above. If not, maybe a change of plan for the venue.

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 24/11/2011 21:39  

Any update on the MEET as xmas is approaching

Update Reply
snowy 50 @ 29/11/2011 10:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email