MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Meet up in Kent area

Meet up in Kent area - Forums [Biker Match] Meet up in Kent area - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Meet up in Kent area

Hi all It seems to me that there is a lot of members and therefore social activity around the midlands,and although I love to meet up with those lovely folk there it seems to me something needs to happen down South too! The membership does seem to be biased to the midlands? Maybe stuff does happen locally to me an I just need glasses? So if you within easy riding of Ashford/Maidstone/Canterbury area would you be interested in a weekly/monthly venue where we all meet up for drinkies et et? I happy to organise some runs out / camps et in the better weather and based in the SE perhaps we could offer hospitality to those' way up country' wanting to travel to Europe via Dover even. any thoughts peeps? Andy

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 09/11/2011 09:16  

hmm just did a search an there 0ver 60 members within ten miles of here! so lets see how many actually active an read the posts¬

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 09/11/2011 10:56  

Hi Andy The reason there are more events in the Midlands is cos those who live there arrange them. Sadly, it seems, some other Southernmost members don't arrange as much. Those that have arranged events seem to be disappointed due to lack of response/turn out. Please don't get disillusioned, keep posting and I'm sure people will realise they have to attend (to start the ball rolling I mean) or the organisers just won't bother anymore. Come on you lot, get your finger out and get meeting up. LOL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/11/2011 11:02  

Im up for meeting peeps,but as sandi says no one seems to want to meet up

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 09/11/2011 21:54  

ok free balloon an lolipop for each member that turns up to a SE meet?

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 09/11/2011 22:35  

now your starting to get my attention lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/11/2011 22:43  

now that sounds good, i'll have a red one please

Update Reply
snowy 50 @ 10/11/2011 13:51  

whats that snowy the ballon or lollypop lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/11/2011 18:23  

I'm in - if theres a pilly going spare

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 10/11/2011 18:54  

ha ha im not that greedy!! but as it'll be the first meet i'll have both thanks

Update Reply
snowy 50 @ 10/11/2011 19:49  

ok folks ta fer interest..if u serious we need a bunch of about 20 interested to make it worthwhile I think. I not decided on a location yet as I want to wait an see where interseted parties are an make it as central as possible to the majority. I will put a date an location on meeting board as soon as I have the numbers up a bit. Be nice to get this off the ground in the next few weeks so we meet b4 xmas? Keep telling folks..word of mouth works well.. Andy

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 10/11/2011 20:34  

LOL, I'm loving the idea of balloon or lollypop, but sadly, I think it would take me all day to get there on my 125

Good luck with it though and maybe we'll see you all 'up north' sometime soon x

Update Reply
lisaj @ 12/11/2011 19:58  

come on southerners lets meet up !!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 13/11/2011 02:01  

lethargic lot U......cmon!!!!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 13/11/2011 20:30  

Andy said we need a bunch of about 20 interested to make it worthwhile I think. I have to disagree with you there Andy, surely if only one other person attends it's worth while, it's one more friend.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/11/2011 08:21  

Well I'm in essex but my problem with kent is getting there...

I hate that bridge with a passion AND pretty much avoid london at all costs....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2011 21:40  

what you need whoknowskt is some fellow bikers to get you there via the bridge and break that fear or just go pillion with a friend

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2011 21:47  

I'll agree with you there, but my biker mates are never free on a weekend (kids/wifes)...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2011 21:50  

I am but then again i am too far lol Oh and the bigest down fall is no bike yet will have on soon tho and hoping to get down south to meet some new fellow bikers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2011 21:59  

Hi rossoandy21, we've been having the same problems here in East Anglia, had two meets, first in Peterbrough and then Norwich and the next to be in Suffolk in Jan...............We had 6 of us in Peterbrough and 8 in Norwich Hopefully if we keep going its going to get biggerThese have been social meets in local pubs (real ale ) if we keep growing then in the summer we should be able to organise rideouts and rallies in our area!!! In the winter months we tend to lose people off the site and then come spring, they all come flooding back looking for rides and meet ups. Don't give up, just stick with it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2011 22:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email