MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Brittany Gite Holiday

Brittany Gite Holiday  (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Brittany Gite Holiday  (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Brittany Gite Holiday

were going to have a ball

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 18/02/2012 18:57  

These are the prices I have found with Brittany Ferries.. Just seating and no cabin..

Normal Service.. High Speed Not Available

RoutePortsmouth to St MaloSt Malo to PortsmouthDepartureSat 23 Jun 2012 20:15Fri 29 Jun 2012 10:30Now departs: 10:40 Fri 29 Jun 2012 ArrivalSun 24 Jun 2012 08:15Fri 29 Jun 2012 18:20VesselBRETAGNEBRETAGNEVehicle1 Motorcycle(s)
1 Motorcycle(s)
Passengers1 Adults1 AdultsOn board accommodation1 x Reclining seat
1 x Reclining seat
Price115.50 GBP 25.00 GBPDeposit 90.50 GBPBalance

High Speed Service.

RoutePortsmouth to CaenCaen to PortsmouthDepartureSat 23 Jun 2012 07:00Fri 29 Jun 2012 12:15ArrivalSat 23 Jun 2012 11:30Fri 29 Jun 2012 14:45VesselNORMANDIE EXPRESSNORMANDIE EXPRESSVehicle1 Motorcycle(s)
1 Motorcycle(s)
Passengers1 Adults1 Adults Price168.00 GBP 25.00 GBPDeposit 143.00 GBPBalance
High Speed Service for Friday & Sunday.. No spaces left for the Saturday sailing

RoutePoole to CherbourgCherbourg to PooleDepartureFri 22 Jun 2012 07:00Fri 29 Jun 2012 11:30ArrivalFri 22 Jun 2012 10:30Fri 29 Jun 2012 13:00VesselCONDOR EXPRESSCONDOR EXPRESSVehicle1 Motorcycle(s)
1 Motorcycle(s)
Passengers1 Adults1 AdultsOn board accommodation1 x Seat
1 x Seat
Price128.00 GBP 25.00 GBPDeposit 103.00 GBPBalance

RoutePoole to CherbourgCherbourg to PooleDepartureSun 24 Jun 2012 07:00Fri 29 Jun 2012 11:30ArrivalSun 24 Jun 2012 10:30Fri 29 Jun 2012 13:00VesselCONDOR EXPRESSCONDOR EXPRESSVehicle1 Motorcycle(s)
1 Motorcycle(s)
Passengers1 Adults1 AdultsOn board accommodation1 x Seat
1 x Seat
Price98.00 GBP 25.00 GBPDeposit 73.00 GBPBalance

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/02/2012 19:59  

That about the same figures that I got. I have also looked at Norfolk Line - Dover to Dunkirk. That works out at £109 return including VIP Lounge, but it involves a 400 mile trip, and possibly an overnight stay, so cost wise, there isn't a lot in it. But it gives ma another 2 days holiday. Thats probably not much use to you Debs, as you are in Bournemouth, but I will be coming down from Manchester to Bedford, and from there I can go either way. Leaving Manchester on Thursday afternoon would get me to Brittany by about Lunchtime on Saturday. Then leaving 1st thing on Saturday would get me back to Dover (or even possibly Bedford) on Saturday evening, and back in Manchester by Sunday night. That gives me a 10 day holiday, and a lot of riding :-) Still don't know which one rto pick. Also got to look and see what P & O are doing.

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 18/02/2012 20:55  

But PaneuroJim is right, we are definitely going to have a ball

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 18/02/2012 20:56  

I would be happy to go Poole to Cherbourg Friday to Friday as I live just 15 mins from the port..

Staying till Saturday would cost me an extra £50 more on the ferry

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/02/2012 21:20  

Heres an idea for P&O

Dover - Calais
Sat 23 Jun 2012 12:05 £18.00

Calais - Dover
Sat 30 Jun 2012 14:20 £23.00

Includes 1 adult
Motorcycle

The cost of petrol wouldn't be worth me going that way

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/02/2012 21:27  

as am in scotland am happy wot mickey organise as i think she do well and i will book a overnight at wot port wee going on

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 18/02/2012 22:11  

JUst looked at Poole to Cherbourg. For one person & Motorcycle with a standard seat, it is £128, less any discount Mickey can get us. However, it still leave 195 miles to do on the other side. But it is a good compromise between Calais and St Malo. Ferry leaves at 0700 Friday morning (uugh - does that time exist :-)). Arrives at 10:30 (I assume local time). According to Autoroute, the journey will tame 3:30 hours - so being realistic say 5 to 6 hours with a stop for food. Gets us there no later than 16:30 Friday afternoon. Cost of Petrol - about 1 tankful for me say £25. Mickey - is it alright to arrive then? Sounds like a good compromise to me

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 18/02/2012 22:42  

Thats the route I am going to take.... I think we should all be on the same sailing.. It will be awesome all heading down to Mics together

I can sleep 3.. 2 on a double air bed and one on a single frame bed.

If you want to stop over then just let me know..

BTW... I only live in a 2 bed flat and the bedrooms are already taken..

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/02/2012 23:32  

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/02/2012 23:32  

Debs I have hit a snag. The person who I am going with will be working up to THursady evening, so there is no way we would be able to get down to Poole for a 07:00 sailing. Have to leave Bedford at about 3:00 in the morning - not going to happen. Currently looking at Dover-Calais on the way out. The only other alternative appears to be Portsmouth Cherbourg, which leaves at 15:30. Doesn't get in until 19:30, which would make it late getting to the Gite. Going via Calais would get me there about lunchtime on Saturday with an overnight stop, but looks to work out cheaper for me. John

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 19/02/2012 20:20  

Ok John...

Thats a shame but at least you are still going to go

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/02/2012 23:07  

DEbs There was never any doubt that I was going. It is just working out the logistics of it And you are right, it would be much better to ride down together. But there is no way that we will make the 0700 sailing. However, how are you coming back? If I know which route you are using, and which sailing, I will make sure I book the same one. At least we can all ride back together. I have looked at all the possible ways of getting over there, and I think I am settling on Portsmouth/St Malo overnight. If I go by Calais, it is the cheapest, but I have a 400 mile ride, and an overnight stop. If I go via Cherbourg, then we will get there on Friday close to midnight, but I will be riding unknown roads on the wrong side in the dark. So not too keen on that. If I go via St Malo, it is the most expensive of the 3, but it is an easy ride on the Saturday morning. As soon as I know how you are coming back, and Mickey says another person is OK, and I will book. Looking forward to meeting yo. John

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 20/02/2012 00:23  

Ive just had another check of the Return Cherbourg to Poole and its out of the question now...

The sailing is at 10.30am and it would take a min of 4 hours to get to the port. Im not getting up before the sparrows fart to ride all that way to catch the ferry...

Ive now decided that the best route Outward & Return would be the over nighter Portsmouth to St Malo even though its more dearer...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/02/2012 02:52  

Debs Well we all got there the long way round, but I guess we now know why Mickey suggested that route. However, that now raises another possibility. I have done that night crossing before, and I will only do it in a cabin. I like my sleep. If I book a cabin for 4, then the cost for 2/3 bikes and 3/4 people is virtually the same as 2 people in a cabin and 1 or 2 people in seats. So the question is - do you want to share a cabin with Jenni and myself - together with a 4th person if anyone else is interested. Cost for you and anyone else would be the same as a reclining seat - I'll pay for the cabin - I would be anyway, and it saves splitting us up. If you want to then I will need to book the ferry for 3 or 4 people. Let me know if you are interested. John

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 20/02/2012 09:44  

John...

That would be great.. you took the thoughts right out of my head.. I as going to suggest the same thing.. I would need my sleep to... Are you saying you will pay for it all and we give you the money? Are you able to pay for more than one bike on one booking? I would like to get this booked asap so its one less thing to worry about...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/02/2012 12:05  

Hi All Sorry I've not been on, First my membership ran out, then problems with my e-mail accounts keep disappearing, I think the computers on its way out !!

Just had a shock looking at the Ferry prices, They've gone up !!! When I looked they were £110, I've just spoken to reservations and and they are looking into it, But won't hold my breath !! I've got this if it's of interest, It'll mean about a 4 hour bike ride on this end, but that's nothing but a pleasure over here, Just a good little ride out. Check it out
http://book.ldlines.co.uk/sales/results.aspx

If I hear anything positive from Brittany Ferries I'll post soon as.
Can't wait to see you all. I went out with a local club yesterday on my new bike, First time out since riding it back and it was great

M xx

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 20/02/2012 12:47  

Just looked at the Saturday, it's £110.50 ( so £88.50 with my discount )Return So we can do it that way and as you miss a night I'll sort you all a meal & Cider of course !!! But I will let you know later if they'll honour the Friday, Unless you prefer to come on the Saturday ( arrive Sunday morning )
Wish I was riding down with you and having a night at Deb's sounds like great fun and a great way to start the week
Mic xx

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 20/02/2012 13:12  

Hey Mic...

Nice to have you back with us.. LD Lines are a lot cheaper than Brittany Ferries and the return time it better... we could even have a lay in on the Friday and take a steady ride back to LE Havre..

2 x Adults on motorbike + 1 inside 4 Berth Cabin = £170 total..
2 x Adults on motorbike + 2 Standard Seats = £95 Total

Ok 4 sharing a Cabin Outward Only

So if my maths are right.. 1 x £170 + £95 = £265 / 4 = £66.25 each Wow I should go on Countdown at this rate...

I really think we should consider this route... Think of the extra money we will save to put fuel in bike...

Sorry about this but my brain is working overtime atm..

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/02/2012 13:16  

WOW Mic.... I gotta look at that now..
------------------------------------------------------------

OK just checked Sat to Sat and its the same price and sailing times. What discount can you get on that Mic?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/02/2012 13:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email