MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Brittany Gite Holiday

Brittany Gite Holiday  (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Brittany Gite Holiday  (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Brittany Gite Holiday

Right just spoken to BF and what it is is : The Saturday to Friday works out as a 5 day fare ( apparently They are not going to be on Countdown as I count that as 6 days !! ), But non the less If you come on the Saturday Night 23rd it'll just be £88.50 for the crossing, return and it'll take you about 1.5 hours to get here, so less fuel too !!
Inside Cabin for 4 is £70, works out better than a cabin for 2 at £50. I always sleep on the floor it costs me £5 !!

I'll mail you all the code you'll need and then you can go ahead and book, Yeeppyy

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 20/02/2012 13:33  

Yayyyy...I can get time off work so would like to join you all. Happy to share a cabin if there's still space

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2012 20:44  

Thats great Dave...

Ive still not decided which way to go I really wanted to spend Sat to Fri in France, but im now confused... LD Lines still comes out cheaper even with Mics discount... Great that Mic has got a good deal but its still down to money..

Im completely confuddled

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/02/2012 20:50  

hi debs just send p m to you dave n that tops

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 20/02/2012 21:00  

You only save £8 on the Ld lines and have a longer ride down, BUT you get an extra day here, So not a lot in it. Coming with Ld it'll probably cost you £20 more ( if that ) in the long run with Fuel, But you get another day. And It is a good run.
I'd prefer the Ld Lines to get the extra Day if it was me, and actually you gain Friday too as the Ferry isn't until late that night as opposed to the Morning out of St.Malo. So yes defo for me the Ld, you get almost 2 days more for £20 !!!

So now what Debs ??? Hopefully clearer !! ( like mud )

Great news Dave is on board, yeahhh

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 20/02/2012 21:29  

Yes Mic....

We gonna use LD Lines and get the extra day and leave later on the Friday coming back....

Need to know whos definitely coming so we can arrange the cabin/s

So theres...

Me
paneurojim
DaveN
kcsdata (John)
Jenni

Who else??

Everyone just hold fire on the bookings till I know whos going

Merci beaucoup

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/02/2012 22:34  

Sorry Debs - got sidetracked. Agree totally over the ferry. Using LD lines gives us a good ride on the Saturday and Friday. And the ferry times are better. As far as who is going, what happened to Ian. Is he still coming. If so, that makes 6. Ideal if there were two more. I plan to book the Ferry in early March (next Payday) to get it out of the way. But I will hold of until then, and let everyone know before I do it. (Just in case anything changes). I will be booking 1 motorbike, 2 people and a 4 berth cabin. = so that takes care of one cabin. . So there is still Debs paneurojim DaveN kcsdata (John) Jenni Anyone Else

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 21/02/2012 01:18  

So Far Guys That is it, 4 bikes 5 peeps !! No Ian, I'm afraid. So Ld lines Leave Portsmouth at 11pm arrive 8am Saturday.
Leave France following Friday at 5pm arrive Uk 9.30pm.
I'd get in touch with Ld and see if you can pay a deposit just to safeguard the £80 return price
United Kingdom: 0844 576 8836 (National UK numbers only)or United Kingdom : 0800 917 1201

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 21/02/2012 11:42  

Here's a list of cheap B&b Guest houses for the Night you arrive back perhaps

http://www.visitportsmouth.co.uk/where-to-stay/searchre...mit=Search

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 21/02/2012 12:47  

Thank for that Mic...

Ok John.. Im going to book my ferry now and I will share your cabin with you and Jenni..

That will leave Dave & Jim to sort out a cabin.. We could all fit in to one if someone dont mind sleeping on the floor

Ok ferry is booked... Really looking forward to this trip

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/02/2012 16:56  

STILL ROOM FOR MoRE

Yeepy

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 21/02/2012 19:07  

Don't want to get left out - Ferry Booked for 2 - Here we come

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 21/02/2012 20:52  

Okies so what do I need to book?....getting a little confused...lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2012 21:33  

Dave,

Book at http://www.ldlines.co.uk/

Portsmouth to Le Larve

Friday 22nd June to Friday 29th June..

1 Adult with Cabin (Both ways) = £167, without Cabin £80

If you book a cabin you could go halves with Jim

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/02/2012 21:49  

Thanks so much Debs...will do that tomorrow and book a cabin

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2012 22:02  

I always sleep on one of the benches !! I take a sleeping bag and have a couple of pints at the bar, then sleep like a baby !!

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 22/02/2012 20:31  

lol...like a true drunk Mic...hahaha...all booked now and looking forward to it....any tips or anything else to consider?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/02/2012 20:39  

all booked now he wee go dave see you at sguires

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 23/02/2012 14:46  

Have spare bulbs, and a yellow vest in case of break downs. Carry your insurance docs. Police don't normally pull foreigners over, if you see any, rare occasion !!
I feel like I want to ride over there and come down with you all !!! x

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 24/02/2012 12:16  

hi mickey come on dowe we got a big cake for you

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 24/02/2012 14:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email