MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Brittany Gite Holiday

Brittany Gite Holiday  (12) - Forums [Biker Match] Brittany Gite Holiday  (12) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Brittany Gite Holiday

bump

Update Reply
havfun @ 19/06/2012 12:05  

wont be coming spoken to ferry people it is fully booked so wont get on it was short time to get things organised this week was suposed to be daughters baby arival week it came early ( for me organisation is not my thing more of spur of moment thing and hope it works out) not to worry as i expect this will happen again will join you then thanks for the welcome

Update Reply
havfun @ 19/06/2012 12:33  

Oh What a shame you can't make it, I contacted the Ld Lines here and you could come over on the 21st arriving the 22nd, but you'd have to stay at Le Havre a night until the others got in the next day, but it is an Option, the ferry back is ok there are spaces the same day as the everyone else goes. Le me know if it's possible. I can't wait to see you all, I'm thinking there's going to be a good turn out on the Sunday too for our afternoon ride out. ohhhh I could crush a grape !!

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 19/06/2012 14:03  

havfun...

Thats a shame but what Mic says is a great idea. it would be good if you could catch the ferry a day early and meet with us on the Saturday.

Not long now Mic

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/06/2012 15:12  

iv been thinking on that but i dont speak or understand french at all = 1 simpleton in strange place at night not knowing whats going on not understanding anything = me never done this before hope this makes sence off to work now thanks everyone

Update Reply
havfun @ 19/06/2012 17:02  

I have spoken to Norman (havfun) and there is room on the ferry for the bike but no free accomodation. I spoke to Jim and he is fairly sure he has a cabin, and the girls both have a seat as well. So between the 5 of us we should have accomodation for 10 people. I will give Havfun my booking reference which he can quote to LD Lines and then on the night he can use Jim's cabin or one of the seats. So it should be possible if he can get everything in place in time.

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 19/06/2012 21:23  

I spoke to Ld this morning and there was no room for the bike, so Maybe they've had a cancellation which is Great !!!!!! Would be good if you could join us Norman, I've been trying to look into B&Bs in Le Havre that speak english, Britany ferries and all sorts today, so would be great if you could get on. Still got time it's only Wednesday tomorrow, but soon be here, best I start Ironing the bedding eh ?? !!

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 19/06/2012 22:19  

hayfun p m to you jim

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 20/06/2012 00:00  

There will be room for Norman if theres room for the bike...
John, Im in ur cabin with Jenny so my seat will be free. You will also have a spare bed.. Maybe Cally could have that one.. Jim does have a cabin and room for 3 more.. Cant see there being a problem.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/06/2012 00:30  

Debs - I agree with you completely. We'll just have to wait and see tomorrow (oops today) 3 more nights and we are on our way.

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 20/06/2012 01:41  

2 more nights !! And hopefully with Norman. Got to go out now, so will check back later and see if it's a goer, I'll even iron extra bedding in hope !!

Don't forget :
Passports, Cidre Money, insurance documents, spare bulb ( In order of importance !!) x

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 20/06/2012 08:07  

Don't forget your breathalizers folks On the spot fine wihout one

Update Reply
Emzed @ 20/06/2012 08:16  

Emzed I have got 2, but they are not needed. We are back in England before the law comes in force - 1st July. We leave France on the 29th June.

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 20/06/2012 08:23  

thats booking all fix norman you now going we going to have a

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 20/06/2012 09:18  

mickey moo get the cider in norman is coming and his bedding lol

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 20/06/2012 09:23  

Yeahhhh Great one.
Right off to work or you'll be in crinkly sheets !!

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 20/06/2012 11:07  

so all done then great about have fun:) as well yes cabin sorted and bike checked over by friendly bike shop, chain oiled and adjusted, all levels topped up tyres good and sorted pressures,

rac break down through bennetts and cheaper than rac (who i am with lol) (but no worries )

lights not done yet but tape and yes the breathalizer comes in on 1st JUly (good good)

E11 not upated that yet as have one (oh and travel insurance will get from post office tomorrw ) could have done it today when i got my euros (doh)

see you at knutsford two more sleeps lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 20/06/2012 14:51  

Ride safe Tomorrow Jim x

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 20/06/2012 20:58  

yip micky i have to i got you mint

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 20/06/2012 23:51  

Just spoken to Norman. He is coming over to mine tonight, so we can all set off together tomorrow. So I am now off to try and work out what I have forgotten to pack (there is always something See you all Soon John

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 21/06/2012 10:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email