MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Brittany Gite Holiday

Brittany Gite Holiday  (11) - Forums [Biker Match] Brittany Gite Holiday  (11) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Brittany Gite Holiday

Sprint - Just seen your message. Couldn't agree more about Bayeux. If we are that close, it would be a pity not to see the tapestry, and the museum is good. But you are right, it will be difficult to do justice to all of it and get to the gite at a reasonable time. If we have to miss out anything, I would suggest Sainte Mere Eglise. Going there takes us off the direct route and means we have to come back on the same road as we go.

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 13/06/2012 22:03  

Just got this through, Good fun you're going to have deciding !!! From Le Havre they could start their tour at Pegasus Bridge (Ouistreham) and also at the ferry port entrance (within the houses to the left of) is a preserved German observation post and bunker which is worth a visit - between Ouistreham on the D514 to Arromanches there are Juno beach and Gold Beach, and several Cemetries. From Arromanches on the same road is Longue sur Mer, sight of German guns, taken out by the Royal Navy - beyond that is Omaha Beach and Cemetery a place everyone should visit. A midday visit when they play the tubular bells is well worth it! Further on is Pointe du Hoc, cliffs scaled by Rangers to take out bunkers and armoury. Around the bay to Carentan and on to Ste Marie du Mont where earlier this year a bronze of Major Dick Winters (Band of Brothers) was unveiled The statue is dedicated to all those who died on the beaches and he is an example of such men (He died last year aged 92) On to Utah beach for other monuments and the inland to Ste Mere Eglais. The Tapestry is at Bayeux which is on the main highway N13 back to Caen.

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 13/06/2012 22:14  

This all sounds amazing.. Someone will have to lead the way as I wouldn't want to miss anything

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/06/2012 10:49  

are we doing everything on the first day :) yikes

Update Reply
earthwind @ 14/06/2012 21:13  

No were not Just I would like to see the beeches and as we will be passing it, it makes sense to go there on the way.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/06/2012 23:59  

lol yes be great to do it and it makes sense :)

i will just follow where everyone else goes :)

7 more sleeps hehehehhehehehehehe

Update Reply
earthwind @ 15/06/2012 15:09  

I think John will have to be doing the leading as he seems to know where to go

If we get lost Ive always got my sat nav to find our way to Mic's

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/06/2012 16:02  

new set of tyres on the bike ok mickey i need to go for xxx mint s i dont wot to be sleeping out side do i

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 15/06/2012 17:30  

i hope the sun shines on us all but bringing my wet weather gear :) in case

Update Reply
earthwind @ 15/06/2012 17:50  

4 more sleeps and it all starts. Earthwind - where do you want to meet up. Jim and Jaybird are staying at mine Thursday night, so we will all start off together Friday morning. You are welcome to stay overnight on Thursday, otherwise I would suggest meeting up at Knutsford Services on the M6. My detour to Bedford has now been cancelled (Jaybird is coming up to Manchester on Thursday) so we can all go down to Portsmouth together. If you are not staying, we just need to know what time to meet you. Not long now....

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 17/06/2012 18:07  

hi John i will meet you at knutsford as i am working Thursday night so will get everything ready to roll out of bed straight onto the bike and leave Thursday am if thats ok :) its an easy trek for me to get to knutsford cant get lost m62 to m6 and in for coffeee :)

so if you give us a time that you will all be there

Update Reply
earthwind @ 17/06/2012 19:23  

Jim What time do you want to get going on Friday. We should have plenty of time to get to Portsmouth, so time is not that critical. My initial suggestion is sometime between 10 and 11 in the morning to meet up at Knutsford. If we leave Knutsford by 11:00 then we have 11 hours to get to Portsmouth, meet up with Debs and get onto the ferry. Should be easy. What do you think. John

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 17/06/2012 19:55  

i think that sounds great was hoping you didnt say something like 6 or 8 lol

was thinking i finish work at 2 so will get some sleep and if all ready will just get up and leave :) knutsford at 11 then :)

will plan for 10 to be ready to leave knutsford by 11

Update Reply
earthwind @ 17/06/2012 19:59  

hi john i will go when you lot say as am at you home john that sounds great to me

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 17/06/2012 21:45  

Then I suggest we meet up between 10:30 and 11:00 at Knutsford Services. That should give us time to meet up and get a coffee and anything else anyone wants before we set off.

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 18/06/2012 00:10  

LD Lines say that we need to check in at least 45 minutes before departure otherwise we may be refused boarding. They do recommend that we arrive 1hr 30mins to 2hrs before departure to avoid long queues.

It would be good if I was to meet you all at the Tesco Extra to fuel up. This is not far from the docks [about 10 minutes] and just off the M27 at junc 12. The address is-

Clement Atlee Way
Portsmouth
PO6 4SR

If I meet you all there at about 9pm we can all fill up and poodle off in to the dock with plenty of time.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/06/2012 04:38  

have got the time off so would like to join you all

Update Reply
havfun @ 18/06/2012 19:48  

havfun it would be great if you could join us.

Speak to Mic about the accommodation.

You need to book your ferry with LD Lines. Dont book a cabin as Jim has one and you could share with him. Speak to him about sharing the cost.

Portsmouth to Le Havre - 22 June @ 23:00

Le Havre to Portsmouth - 29 June @ 17:00

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/06/2012 21:04  

Debs I have spoken to havfun. He is meeting us at Knutsford Services on Friday. Got to book the ferry tomorrow. The more the merrier - and only 4 nights to go before we are off. John

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 18/06/2012 21:28  

just looked at ferry thing looks like its all booked up

Update Reply
havfun @ 18/06/2012 22:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email