MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

advice on rules needed

advice on rules needed - Forums [Biker Match] advice on rules needed - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

advice on rules needed

hi folks new on here and to the rules, can anyone tell me can you put links in a post or is that not breaking the rules?? also is there a rules topic somewhere on here?? thanks lowrider69

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 20/06/2007 05:31  

lol also will i get an email if some one replys to this post or a post i replyed to or do i have to check...Ta

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 20/06/2007 05:33  

you cant give ur email out hun

you can post links up on the forum

and welcome to bm welcome to the nut house lol

Update Reply
RC @ 20/06/2007 06:32  

Hi lowrider, I'm new on here too so welcome to you too. Can anyone tell me how I can put those emoticons on here. I'm not very computer literate!!!!!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 20/06/2007 06:50  

cbrbabe, to use the emoticions just click on the little smilie face above the "Size" selection box and a small window will open with all the emoticons in it - just click on one to use it

Update Reply
valerossi46 @ 20/06/2007 07:32  

ohhh..and welcome to lowrider....you dont have to be mad to post here, but it is a definate advantage

Update Reply
valerossi46 @ 20/06/2007 07:34  

hi low rider welcome to bm cbr when you post a reply theres a smiley face above the size box click on that an it will open another smaller box with more faces in it, then click the one you want, some users who are running on different systems dont have the smillies so dont worry if ya havent got the smiley face above the text size option. as for the rules there have been a few changes on here in the last week, all have been done to help the site be a safe enviroment to log on to, and have been welcomed by the long standing memebers here. no email addresses telephone numbers etc can be given out either on the boards or in a pm.

Update Reply
storm @ 20/06/2007 07:38  

I've tried clicking on the box but nadda. It wont let me use it boohoo!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 20/06/2007 07:54  

welcome cbrbabe and low rider nice to have new peeps on board

Update Reply
Istaqa @ 20/06/2007 09:18  

thanks for the big welcome people and rock chick whats a bm to the nut house lol or did you mean pm??, can i ask what if i wanted to meet some one and them me how would folk get to meet up if you cant send emails?? or is that where a bm comes in sorry but if i dont ask Q,s i,ll never find out how the forums work must say tho i like it on here

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 20/06/2007 11:24  

and a big Hi to cbrbabe as were both newbies on here

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 20/06/2007 11:26  

yey!! A matter of unblocking pop ups!!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 20/06/2007 12:08  

Hi lowrider & cbr bm = biker match You can send a pm to who ever you want to contact, the reason we don't allow emails, telephone numbers etc on your profile is for yours and our protection. Too many half wits out there who want to start messing about with people's lives! Once you've got to know someone through pm then you can swop numbers etc but anything like that is monitored, we know you know Di.

Update Reply
Di @ 20/06/2007 13:14  

Totally agree, too many nutters out threre!!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 20/06/2007 13:27  

cbr - u probably have a popup blocker on or something. Add bikermatch.co.uk to your safe list if so. A few rules, policies, terms and conditions can be found using the link at the bottom of every page, or here... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/misc/rules.asp Not extensive tho, and is quite an old list that needs updating. See your PM about the email things tho - its for everyone's safety following several incidents when the site was starting up.

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/06/2007 14:52  

I've just today had to remove my profile from another bike site as up until last year i was stalked by someone known to me. I thought it had ended when he was cationed for harassment. Today I found that he had found me on the other site and was regularly viewing my profile.... weirdo!!! he never contacted me , but knowing that So if I suddenly disapear from here you know why. I'd just like to warn others to be careful. You never know who you're talking to. That goes for the girlies as well as guys.

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 20/06/2007 15:15  

no dont just disappear, give me the details and let me deal with it. Or any moderator, its our job and we do it well here :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/06/2007 15:18  

Well they (The last moderators) didnt even respond to my plee of help, but if you can do better I'll defo shout!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 20/06/2007 15:27  

well im always here, as is Di. But you will see from other forum posts that a lot of "staff" are being taken on - volunteer members here to help make ur stay safer and friendlier. We aim to have a moderator available 24/7 if possible. I will always personally see to it that anyone causing problems is dealt with! U got my word on that

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/06/2007 16:07  

its nice to know that Matt. I think this is an excelent site. Banter without abuse!

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 20/06/2007 17:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email