MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

German Fling 2012

German Fling 2012 - Forums [Biker Match] German Fling 2012 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

German Fling 2012

Hi AllIn 2011 BM started it's organised International tours starting with a trip to Germany which was a huge success... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=1201 This year we opted to run the tour again but added a street party in Holland - http://richardtulloch.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/europes-...ay-holland. So if you have ever fancied to tour abroad or want to have a fun week packed with adventure then this is a must for you. Description: Trip to Germany for runs along Rhine, local roads and Nurburgring.Staying 3 nights in Altenahr http://www.amtunnel.de which is 6Km or so from start/finish of Nurburgring. 30mins ride to Rhine and sits in middle of some of the best biking roads in Europe.*35 euros per night (about £30) with a great buffet breakfast in the morning. *Prices correct at Jan 2012. Fantastic rooms and secure bike area for storing bikes at night. Good bar with German beer and food.The prices are roughly what is paid in the UK and all areas will be in Euros only, once we leave the UK.Sat: Hull ferry overnight to Holland (ferry n beer) around £100 return.Sun: At Matt's (BM site owner) home, in Holland, for a barbeque.Monday: Matt takes us out to party.Tues - Fri:Germany 35 euros a nightFri/Sat: Belgium's Biker Loft hotel around 40 euros (about £35)Sat: Ferry and home.Further Information :This is a tour not a race so all rider levels are very much welcome but please note some motorway mileage is needed and carries a higher 130Km (80mph) speed limit than the Uk. Wednesday sees the hotel owner don there own bike gear and take us for a special run around the local roads. Last year this involved some stunning roads, castles and an active volcano under a lake (yes i kid you not).Fuel: Most garages accept cards with Visa being the preferred provider, some change to English automatically when our cards are inserted also making fuelling easier. There are no issues with fuel supply on this trip and all areas we will tour through have full services readily available.Safety: Madscots will organise trip(s) to the Nurburgring for anyone who wishes to go (subject to weather) but BM must stress that all riders are responsible for their own motorbike and welfare while attending. Madscots will take a group at a slower pace for those wishing to go round at a more leisurely pace. Please note the Nurburgring is not a race track but a public Toll road and anything from caravans to coach loads of grannies go so please keep this in mind.Madscots carries a tool kit, puncture repair kit, tyre weld kit and a large First aid kit if needed by any member. BM would recommend that European breakdown cover is taken out before any journeys abroad regardless the age of your bike.If you ever wanted to see Europe now is your chance and at a very good price http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2597 PM madscots for more info and contact details.

Update Reply
madscots @ 06/09/2011 17:39  

Would love to hon, however our wedding & 3 week honeymoon in June its unlikely we will make it away again next year

Looked great fun tho this year

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/09/2011 18:50  

This sounds cool madscots.

Mega cheap ferry crossings with norfolkline from Dover to Dunkirk

Count me in for this

madscots
deb3km

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 19:06  

£33-£42 Dover to Calais

Update Reply
madscots @ 06/09/2011 20:59  

sounds good mads, was sorry not to be able to come alonge to last trip (as it coincided with my first trip this year to italy) will check a little closer to date, as i have a feeling this will also clash with my ride to norway (end march / begining april) as doing a 20 day one next time. if not though i`d happily come along!!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 06/09/2011 21:08  

Hello Madscots, This sounds awesome!! I went on my first bike trip abroad round France in June, and think I am now addicted to it - so will be keeping a beady eye out for more trips away!! I would love to come along if that is OK? No idea what you guys did last year as I have only just joined the site, but I'm sure it was good fun. xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 21:47  

Ive just booked up to go abroad on the 22nd with Norfolkline..

Dover-Dunkirk on 22nd then Dunkirk-Dover on 23rd. £33 total.

Going over to Belgium to a Lara Fabian concert all on my own...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2011 00:37  

Hey mad one would def be up for this so will keep watching :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/09/2011 09:26  

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1201

Was the link to last Aprils

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=7023&page=1

This will give you an idea for costs so please read through, it also has the comments from peeps who went at the end. If you look into the events then it has pictures posted by us all

Update Reply
madscots @ 07/09/2011 09:51  

Now in clickable format The link to last Aprils....www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?...nt_id=1201And Forum topic of the event....www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=...amp;page=1

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2011 11:46  

Had a look at last years posts, and got an idea of the prices. Did any of those who went last year, come up with an overall cost of the trip? Am interested just want to check that I can afford it!

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 07/09/2011 14:13  

Roughly
£28 for hotel at Dover (if needed)
£33-44 return for ferry (Dover to Calais)
35 euros (£30ish) for Hotel in Germany Incl Buffet Breakfast per night
55 euros or there abouts (can't mind but was more than Germany but different choices also) for Biker loft in Belgium on last night
Petrol is about same as here Calais to Hotel 260 ish miles

Hope that gives rough idea

I'm thinking same as last year really but need to see if Matt wants to a night at his or to join us/or both.

At moment looking at

Sat Travelodge You'll book this on website if needed
Sun/Fri Germany I will organise this
Fri/Sat Belgium You'll book this on website
Sat Home

Not concrete

Update Reply
madscots @ 07/09/2011 23:03  

Thank you, I know you can not be exact, so a rough idea is all I was after! Sounds like a plan, will keep an eye on further info.

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 08/09/2011 10:36  

Not one to miss and we had a riot last year with 11 of us who went

Update Reply
madscots @ 08/09/2011 15:43  

As one of those that went on Chris' trip this year I can highly recommend it . We all had a blast and was definately one of the best holidays I've ever had.

The Guest House we stayed in was superb as were the hosts, nothing was too much trouble for them and they even took us out one of the days and showed us some great places.

Matt's place was excellent and he looked after us all brilliantly although I did think we might need to call the fire brigade out when he got the bbq going!

The Biker Loft in Belgium was a fantastic place, never experienced anywhere like it. Doesn't look anything from the outside but is very unique inside.

I did actually write a diary when we were away and got some of the others to pen their thoughts in it, might dig it out and have a read! Oh and still waiting for the video footage from pondlife! Would love to see that as I'm sure he got some of us on the Nurburgring!

Anyone thinking of going should, you most certainly won't regret it

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 08/09/2011 23:20  

Yeah pencil me in, looks good :-)

Update Reply
securitybob @ 09/09/2011 09:10  

Conformation from our friends in Germany who are able to take us and your looking at 35 euros (£30) a night including buffet breakfast.

They will also open the bar that week if there are 11 or more people same as last year.

For the price and an the open bar numbers jobs a good un

Update Reply
madscots @ 09/09/2011 14:27  

How many nights is it planned for? One week?

Update Reply
securitybob @ 09/09/2011 21:02  

At moment looking at

Sat Travelodge You'll book this on website if needed

Sunday morning Ferry from Dover then :
Sun/Fri Germany I will organise this
Fri/Sat Belgium You'll book this on website

Sat Home

This depends if Matt wants to do same as last year so Thurs night was at his gaff

Update Reply
madscots @ 09/09/2011 21:33  

Looks interesting and I'm always up for a chuckle. I'll keep an eye on this one! Pencil me in. Cheers.

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 09/09/2011 22:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email