MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

German Fling 2012

German Fling 2012 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] German Fling 2012 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

German Fling 2012

Awesome, will keep an eye on this :-D

Update Reply
securitybob @ 09/09/2011 22:46  

Mad it may be worth checking with Matt but i am sure he said that there is some kind of music festival near him around April, might be worth tying it in with the trip :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 12/09/2011 17:10  

Aye we had a chat ta but i also need to fit it in with the German season start so not sure if both will match up. So choice between some of the best biking roads with German beer or Dutch beer n music..hmmmmmm

I'm a biker first

I had a chat with Matt earlier folks so the first night coming off the ferry will be in Veldehoven with Matt who will then be joining us for rest of tour This also makes for a nice break in mileage to Germany.

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/09/2011 19:25  

Going to keep an eye on this one as it really has took me fancy lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/09/2011 11:37  

Well best way to go is with a pillion as it splits the fuel costs

Update Reply
madscots @ 13/09/2011 16:26  

You should try and be in Holland for 30th April!!! Biggest street parties in the world and LOTS of drinking. Every city is lined with Orange. There's 15 music stages in Eindhoven alone with different music on each one. U really should try and be here for then if you can. Do that for a day then we trundle on into Germany.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/09/2011 18:16  

Aye it's too late for the deal I have

I could check what the rates are if we went later but 35 euros a night aint bad Inc breakie

Update Reply
madscots @ 13/09/2011 18:20  

Could be interested in this for my first bike venture abroad! Need to have a think but will be keeping it in mind.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2011 18:49  

Looks good, I'll keep my eye on this.

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 22/09/2011 17:46  

why is it too late mate? Surely they'd agree to a change of date with same price. I also know someone with a very large house in a forrest around the South of Germany... it's a big holiday home that he rents out. I think it can hold around 20 people! Would you like me to find out about it? Also - check here for a BikerMatch P&O Ferries discount... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=8839 I arranged it just today. If we have more than 20 people traveling I can organise a special group travel discount/arrangement. As a group I can probably get it for around 50 quid each way if everyone is sharing as few rooms as possible (4 berth inside cabin). Then you land just 1 hour from my house and don't have to go all the way to dover, up through Belgium etc.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/09/2011 18:22  

Can you put this on the events page so we know who is defiantly going please

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/10/2011 00:31  

were is that ferry sailing from Matt

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 18/10/2011 04:46  

The ferry from Dover is £30-40 return which is lot cheaper than £100

Which would would people prefer as most are down South anywayz ?

I also have to organise this around work commitments how ever Matt if you want to organise it later then you'd be in better position than me

The music festival I'm sure would be a great trip for peeps to attend also

Update Reply
madscots @ 22/10/2011 16:11  

if i went it would be from Hull

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 22/10/2011 19:57  

sounds like it could be a good trip

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 21:13  

At moment looking at April 28th

Sat Hull ferry overnight to Holland (ferry n beer)
Sun Matts for barbie
Monday Matt takes us out to party
Tues-Fri Germany
Fri/Sat Belgium's Biker Loft hotel
Sat Ferry and Home

If this is ok with Matt that is as think better we get in a settled before the party rather than arriving on same day. Sunday is always a good day for barbie n beer.

Would you guys prefer South Germany and see if Matt can organise the place to stay... or where I stay at same place as last year ? I plan on doing different roads next year so any returnees will get to see some new and old roads.

It will be a great week just u guys are paying for it and I need to know what you want so i can go sort it. I'm more than happy to sort what I do like I do same as last year as it went down a storm.

Could we make a list of who wants to come that week as Matt can do 20 I can do up 60 (I'm Scottish size matters lol). We had 11 last year which was a great size so no worries

Update Reply
madscots @ 24/10/2011 00:03  

I am up for this.

I just need to decide whether I travel up north to Hull from Bournemouth or go across to Dover and Ride north from Dunkirk.. Hmmmmm... Any ideas?

I will go where ever you take us madscots.. I have no preference of route in Germany

I will start the list AGAIN

Please can you add your names

madscots
deb3km

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 01:18  

I'm still up for this (if it is still going ahead)... I am happy to potentially be going away with my bike - so, I really don't mind what the plans are.

I just need some definite set dates so that I can book them off work around my colleagues (it can be a bit of a fight - so the earlier I can book the better)...

Count me in:
madscots
deb3km
Lolo_5

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 20:29  

Yay Lisa

Come on guys... If you plan to make this trip then start to get your names down..

Please can you add your names

madscots
deb3km
Lolo_5

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 21:58  

Deb Edinburgh to Hull is almost same mileage as from Bournemouth although Dover is nearer for you. You will have to do more mileage from France though so if it was me I'd rather go with group and chill out on ferry then on me own at Dover.

We had a riot last year and you just need to look at the pics to see what you have in store

Who else ??????

Update Reply
madscots @ 24/10/2011 23:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email