MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

first rally

first rally  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] first rally  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

first rally

I like the smell of cow poo!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 18:02  

"I like the smell of cow poo!"

Ok! lol!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/09/2011 18:08  

Katoom,

Are you really sure you wanna mix with anyone on here? This time it's rallies you don't like and if I'm not mistaken it's not that long ago that you protested that even though ride a bike, you're not a biker.

Do us a favour, let us know about something you DO like, apart from the F*KKIN Hilton Hotel lifestyle.

Oh, By the way that annoying link on the other thread was GOOD!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 18:18  

Maybe BBZ, he simply finds it amusing to cast a line out into a pond where there are many that are very eager to bite? I know I do lol!

Or maybe he's just expressing an opinion?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/09/2011 18:20  

So lets all just take the piss and wind each other up then? just cause you dont like rallies doesnt mean they are crap, just not your thing, other people do like them. But then I guess if your a member of the Gestapo no one else is allowed to be different !

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 02/09/2011 18:27  

No real need to get wound up though is there. It's each to their own, live and let live and all that.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 02/09/2011 18:31  

Geoff you are man who I could do a holiday with . And your bang on about price infact I think the last time I was in a Hilton i got the room for 40 quid , it wasn't one of the suites or anything but it was comfortable . I don't know what sort of bike you have ( I may profile snoop later ) but mine is hopless .I have twin underseat pipes that protude higher than the seat . Anything on the rear seat including pillions with anything but the very thinnest figure finds out out hot exhausts get .The tank is plastic and not flat so no help there . It all has to go on your back .Or spend a fortune on special luggage equipment that fits a bike that aint as mass market as most . Camping can be good when done correctly with a car ... The secret to comfotable camping is 3 king size duvets and an armfull of pillows stuffed into a 3 person tent then off to a club or resturant probably both .

Harry
I have done Norway sailed past it walked on it ate the pickled fish, which is rather like a burger van burger, its okay at the time but it gives me heartburn .

Markie
+1 for the bouncy castle thats a great idea I love a bouncy castle . But could we subsitute the children and instead bring on 2 terriers in a bag and a fat labrador with socks on ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 18:33  

"2 terriers in a bag and a fat labrador with socks on"

ha ha ha!

Cat in a bath full of jelly is always good fun as well!

"No real need to get wound up though is there.

It's each to their own, live and let live and all that."

Exactly BL!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/09/2011 18:39  

You could always get contractors in pre the event, have them build your very own hotel in a corner of the field, call it Katoooms Hotel or something original like that (sounds Egyptian) and hire a helicopter to fly you and your camping gear to the event. Problem solved!Oh the music!There are such things as Ipods ya know.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 18:40  

Fat labrador with socks on....have seen one of those somewhere??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 18:42  

I like your thinking Markie, but I'm not sure having your own hotel built for every rally makes it "economically viable" lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/09/2011 18:43  

No but it sure stops the engine whining!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 18:44  

Kiss is my first rally, I'm a bikerless chick at the mo until next year so going in car. I love my hotels and jacuzzi's - only been camping twice and don't remember putting tent up cos both times had cracked open the voddy beforehand (probably why it wasn't too sturdy!) but hey am extracited about Kiss and tripping over tent pegs and probably pulling it down! I am going to miss my straighteners though!!! so I'll be the frizzy head swearing and cursing at tent expect nothing you won't be disappointed so hey I know I'll have fun! as for music well i'm told I got crap taste in music so probably anything an improvement on my collection (or lack of it!)

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 02/09/2011 18:52  

Katoom, just found part of a solution for you. On the forums go on the bikes products and services then tent hire for rallies, it's no Hilton but it's a start.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 18:52  

Mr potnoodles .. Well spotted on the German thing half my family including my mother was born there .

Hotel built at every venue I think would be overkill . I have been on day trips to things to do with cars ,bikes and crystal hugging donkey waving hippy crap . And the facilitys were not great . I have some experience in freestanding facilitys due to my work and we do it waaaay better .

BBZ62
I shall check that out . I see somone does a tent now that has room for the bike???? It look like it will mostly make you and all your gear smell of petrol and exhaust and general bike smells ,,not to mention if its wet ... And as i cant seem to post images here .. Imagine .. The captain Picard star trek face palm demotivational poster after the word wet .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 19:09  

Aye BL - but reading some of the thread it seems some people get enjoyment out of trying to wind people up - sad pathetic individuals if you ask me !!! Personally I dont care what anyone thinks - I enjoy rallies.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 02/09/2011 19:11  

And cow poo! Hmmm lovely tasty cow poo Ok a bit OTT!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 19:15  

Thing is though Pots, it only winds you up if you allow it to. You know that you love rallies and that's all that counts really isn't it surely.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 02/09/2011 19:16  

Sad AND Pathetic .. Why Mr Potnoodles you bounder!!! ... Oi Markie did you just hear what he said about you ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 19:17  

I re-discovered the joys of rallies and camping over the last two years having vowed never to camp ever again when I was married many years ago
Do you know what? I absolutely love rallies and I love camping more than I ever did years ago....and the key ingredient???....It's the company you keep. Spend time with quality mates and rain and mud just doesn't matter, it can even become hilariously funny If you look at the farmyard site you can rent a tent all put up for you. Or you can go to Thunder in the Glens and stay at the Aviemore Macdonalds resort hotel, poshest rally bogs I've ever encountered and cappucino & croissant for brekkie....Of course you do have to tolerate spending the weekend in the company of 5000 harley owners so it does involve significant hardship and I won't be doing that one again lol....But there's loads of choice about

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/09/2011 19:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email