MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

first rally

first rally  - Forums [Biker Match] first rally  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

first rally

I have never been to a rally not really my thing .certainly reading the adverts for them does nothing to encourage me to attend . Usually seem to consist of crap food ,crap music ,crap in a plastic tardis,and tents in a field . Are there any rallys that dont involve the above crap . Hotel accommodation,no plank spanking cover band and food that wont give of heart burn ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 13:28  

were's the fun in that lol

Update Reply
caitlien @ 02/09/2011 14:02  

I think you have missed the point about rallys what your looking for is a weekend at the hilton

Update Reply
JP @ 02/09/2011 14:19  

Bikes are rubbish for camping with . With a bike the credit card is about all I want to pack . Hilton is good the one in warwick is not expensive probably get discount for a block booking :-) . Then ride out to stratford-upon avon for some theater and food . Now thats rallying :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 14:42  

Erm nah it aint! Bikes aren't rubbish for camping with but yours may be.I just love camping, it's all part of the atmosphere that surrounds a rally, i would rather sleep in a tent in me sleeping bag than tucked up in a five star hotel lol!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 14:48  

yep get a plan to firo and stay at the hotel
u get to see all the bikes there the top bands if u like
go to the beach eat in the hotel
bye a rally t shert then come home all sorted your first bike rally done

Update Reply
kaycat @ 02/09/2011 15:48  

Oh you got to be joking,thats all the fun of a rallies,massive get together laughter drinking music dancing ride outs and so what if the weather is bad at times if you having a good time with great folk ya dont even notice it.
Hotel rallies just wouldnt be the same as camping ones,as every one is together mucks in,take camping any time to hotels etc

sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 15:55  

Me thinks your looking for Saga holidays.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 02/09/2011 15:56  

I think we have the sites Victor Meldrew!!!!!!
I don't beleive it!!!!!!

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 02/09/2011 16:12  

I have a suggestion for a prize at the KISS rally, the Victor Meldrew award for the Grumpiest barsteward sponsored by Katooom, the can be given to the most miserable fecker throughout the 2 days of the rally, voting to take place during the Rally lol.

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 02/09/2011 16:28  

I like music but not the music that seems to be across the board at rallys .5 min song turned into a 20 min plank spanking session is not my type of music . I dont really drink I tend to alter my vision in other ways . I have spent days in fields dancing but there was no tents sleeping was banned music went 24 hours non stop the way it should be. I was a scout I know camping well done lots of it . But on a bike with zero bungee hooks or any real practicality its difficult . I need a tent service . Book my place they supply the tent and equipment all I need do is turn up . . . That would work .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 16:28  

Sponsor? As in money? Cash? Bunce? Now who is the joker ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 16:32  

Katoom, how can you say rallies are crap if you've never been to one? lol I've only been to one, many years ago, and it wasn't a good experience for me, altho it was in May it was raining and very cold. The music was heavy rock all the time which I'm not really into. I imagine there are other rallies that have varied music, and, if they are lucky, nicer weather but I won't be trying any out, due to my health not being as good as it was. I didn't drink alcohol when I had a bike but I didn't really miss it but I can see the appeal for those who do ride a lot, rallies enable riders to gather together and drink themselves into oblivion if they want to, and not have to worry about getting home the same night. I can't knock rallies, especially when so many people have such a brill time when they are there, but they are definitely not for me.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/09/2011 16:37  

IanT, if I went to rallies I'd get first place in the 'Miserable 2hat' award lol Katoom, there is a company that erects tents for folk at rallies, I can't remember what it's called but I'm sure it was posted in the forums at some point. LOL it was, by me http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=1898

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/09/2011 16:42  

Katoom, if you want to do a rally, listen to great bands and scrape the roads around Stratford oh and ( alter your vision in other ways and if it flicks your switch, dance to pounding drivvel) you could have gone to BDB25 last month. Rallies are never done in a hotel and should never be so. As for bikes being rubbish for camping, all I can say is B******S, no matter what bike you ride you can and should get everything you need on it for 2/3 days/nights of enjoyment.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 02/09/2011 16:49  

Sandi . You reinforce my point . From what I can see rallys cater to one group . Beer swiging rockers . This I am not and I think there is probably more like me out there who would like a rally that bounces rather than rocks .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 16:55  

ktm
try the rock and bluse or the bull dog
rave/dance tent dancing all nite and all day and everything u need to stay awak to do it
all types of food and as sandi sied the peeps that will put up a tent with everything u need

Update Reply
kaycat @ 02/09/2011 17:18  

I don't drink, i aint a rocker, i don't fit that category but i will enjoy it as much as those that do and are, respectively speaking. Maybe you could try a kiddies rally lol, they have bouncy castles if that helps?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 17:34  

The guy has a point to be honest peeps! Rallies are a bit rubbish lol! That's why I don't go to them anymore.

And yes, bikes aren't very good for camping at all. If I ever go camping again it'll be in the car with the bikes on the trailer, but I doubt I ever will.

Hilton? Maybe not, but at least somewhere that has a real bed (owt inflatable or packable isn't a real bed!), room to stand up in order to get dressed and undressed, a toilet and shower in the next room (that isn't shared by two hundred others!) and a chef who cooks your breakfast for you in the morning. Because, the truth is that you don't have to actually pay £300 a night for somewhere that's comfortable. Indeed, the cost of a small hotel isn't hugely different to a rally!

And all those who think that you'll miss the camaraderie of a campsite clearly haven't sat in a hotel lounge until three in the morning with a group of mates, laughing and talking nonsense! Which is pretty much the same as sitting in a muddy field in the pitch black with a group of mates, laughing and talking nonsense but without the cold and the rain! And the ever present smell of cow poo that no-one ever actually talks about because they don't want to diss the rally in any way lol!

And believe me, when it's only six degrees outside and the rain has been bouncing for twelve hours non-stop, having such facilities as a restaurant and bar, an indoor pool, sauna and spa and the odd naked austrian lady goes a long way to easing the pain of not riding your bike.

Oh, what am I thinking!! Rally goers only use their bikes to get there and back anyway lol!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/09/2011 17:57  

If you want a hotel rally try the Crystal in Norway, no camping allowed, chance of freezing to death.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 02/09/2011 18:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email