MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

attendees

attendees (3) - Forums [Biker Match] attendees (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

attendees

There's nothing to stop you removing yourself post event, so there's no excuses, even if a last minute issue prevented you going.

I suspect JP's karma theory is right. The way to get round that is to issue negative karma for no-show. This would require a "saw him/her" voting button though, to confirm attendance. It would have to allow any one member to vote for any other though, as larger events e.g. Farmyard you only see 20% of the actual attendees I find.

Update Reply
desres @ 17/08/2011 13:29  

Oh that's just not fair...I've definitely been to more events than Alice's pie! Oooer...may have commited a faux pas. Put myself down to bimble down to knott end this evening but forgot offspring home-coming troughing at dinner time, so I might get there, but on the other hand I might not...decisions decisions, remove from events / leave it on?, an extra roast spud & snooze / knott end???

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 17/08/2011 13:31  

well as i'm the nazi who started this thread i would like to say how good it is to see so many wide and varied opinions (does that statement make me the worlds worst nazi??!!) as a self confessed "anti" of virtual karma (whilst being a huge fan of the idea of actual karma) why not simply stop adding karma just for putting your name as attendee?? i think alices pie profile proves how ridiculous the whole karma thing is - another week and it could've been most popular - was it guy or gal??!!! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2011 13:40  

Karma is also gained when subs are renewed or paid. So someone must have paid for the pie to have an account!!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/08/2011 13:43  

did they pay by piepal?? (groan - sorry, couldnt resist!!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2011 13:46  

Would the pie gain karma for receiving salivating nods and pms from ravenous admirers, BL?
OMG did it send them?

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 17/08/2011 13:54  

lol....nice one Mandy

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/08/2011 13:57  

The negative Karma would not work.

At big events such as MCN, Bulldog etc there are 100s of faces down to attend and some folk go with family, other friends, clubs whatever, so may actually never be seen by other BM folk, but they still put there names down as they do attend.

I can understand why some folk get wound up by folk constantly putting there names down for stuff with no intention of attending but purely as a Karma thing, but hey ho its not worth losing sleep over is it :)

****** wanders off to add my name to everything just for a laugh ................... starting a new game Wheres BJ ??????

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/08/2011 14:25  

I think I have just seen BJ at event in Edgbaston

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/08/2011 14:38  

YaY... this topic is almost descending into drivel... ( or should i say dribble as Alice's Pie is involved. ) BJ it's dead easy to spot you, your silly hats and "wide load" can be seen from miles away..

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 17/08/2011 14:48  

ah i never thought that through did i ............

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/08/2011 15:14  

And just to keep the fire going, its like profile pics that are well past there sell buy date? why do it we do know there old when we see you

Update Reply
JP @ 17/08/2011 20:11  

jp - i've met u several times, and I've yet to see you wiv seaweed coming out of yr lugs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2011 20:30  

Pleeeease can I be the one to take the register at events?????!!! Reckon I can still manage that

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 17/08/2011 20:36  

Please Miss, Scorpio is here, he's just gone outside to check on Jackie's wide load

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2011 20:48  

I vote Alice for head mistress could have worded it better but you know what i mean lol XK you should have been in cornwall mate you would have seen pirate jp weedy luggs

Update Reply
JP @ 17/08/2011 20:51  

. hope you liked your special request XK

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/08/2011 20:51  

WOW!!!

I got myself in the top 20 by not going to loads of places.

BTW someone remind me .... why do we have karma in the first place???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2011 21:26  

Cos Matt put it there Shads lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/08/2011 21:27  

Well I sometimes think karma can work against a member... for instance if you see someone with very high karma, it could lead you to wonder just how many people they are winking at/messaging, looking at etc... so is it good karma or bad?!

Whatever, I'm in the top 20 so I don't care

Back to attendees..... disregarding the karma the events page is a great idea as folk can see who is going to an event, get in touch and arrange to meet along the way

And to be honest, I don't think about it too much, people do all sorts of things, for all sorts of reasons, but hey, live and let live I say

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 17/08/2011 21:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email