MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

attendees

attendees - Forums [Biker Match] attendees - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

attendees

not sure if this should be on events but my brain isn't working properly!! i just wondered why it is that many of the same people are listed on several events but seem to go to hardly any??? i can understand adding name initially but why not remove it if you change your mind and cant go?? some people even leave post to say they cant go so why not remove their name then?? this would surely be helpful for organisers regarding numbers and lifts etc, but also better for morons like me who are tryng to recognise people and struggle with names & faces even before profile names are added to the mix!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 02:23  

They put their name down to as many events as possible as it boosts their karma rating and they appear to be very popular on the site when they have no intention of going and wont remove themself from the list even when they have said they will not be there it just makes it very hard for event planning

Update Reply
JP @ 16/08/2011 04:27  

how sad!! cant they get negtive karma for abusing the system??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 04:54  

I`ve noticed this too, not very long after joining the site last September.

There are a certain number of people who will even put their names down to attend different events on the same day in different parts of the country and I`ve also sussed out that it`s a sure fire way of boosting your karma rating whilst doing absolutely nothing.
There`s one particular person who abuses her karma rating position who had her name down for the Yorkshire camping weekend in July and.......guess what?........she never turned up!
I`ve only attended a couple of events myself, but on both occasions, I have actually turned up.
It`s just a shame that certain people abuse the system, so to speak.

Update Reply
podnil @ 16/08/2011 06:16  

Well I fully agree with mandy on this so maybe its time Matt looked at this issue when his back is sorted and he is fit

Update Reply
JP @ 16/08/2011 07:22  

Yup Mandy, those faces just seem to be on every event you click on don't they, then are conspicuous by their absence with those of us who actually go That's why people arranging an event, saving camping space at a rally, planning a ride out etc tend to start an attendees forum thread.... to try and get a more accurate idea of numbers of people who genuinely intend to come

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 16/08/2011 08:11  

glad it wasnt just me being pedantic (for a change)!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 08:40  

I usually take a list of attendees to the event. In future, anyone who does not attend vill be put against ze vall, an shot!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 09:13  

Must admit i for 1 have put my name down for somethng in the past and never got there for 1 reason or another and didnt take my name off, i guess were all human :)

But i agree, some folk put there names down with no intention ever of going so to coin a Gary phrase ........... WHy, why , why would they do that ???

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/08/2011 09:44  

lol - i can hear him now!!! x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 09:47  

Who is Gary? I agree with you Mandy, in fact I complained about this some years ago, and several times in between lol Even when an event has been cancelled folk still leave their names on the list. I reckon the reason they don't remove their name is so they can find the event easily by clicking on the title on their profile, instead of trawling thro the calendar or doing a search, tho I can't see why they would want to find it if it's a cancelled event. Like me Ma used to say 'there's nowt so queer as folk', no she didn't mean gay. Yea, come on folks if ya know you aint goin to an event please remove your name from the calendar / attendees list. Fank ewe

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/08/2011 10:29  

Sometimes tho people put their name down with the full intention of going ... ie me ... I had my name down for the rock weekend at squires this weekend past , unfortunately I could not make as my shoulder would not allow it....... it was on oversight on my part not removing name not lazyness ....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 11:52  

personally i put my name down for most rivi barn events before i check my rota to see if i'm working or not as i do intend to go if i can - but i had never thought about removing myself if i couldn't go for any reason -must be me age - but i will deffo be thinking about doing that now!! if only so i dont suffer the wrath of those that it irks

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 16/08/2011 12:07  

@stroggy - rivi is a casual just turn up thing so not the same @starstaff - the odd oversight fair enough, but some do it with great regularity!! xxx i never get irked!! lol x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 12:24  

I'm the opposite, so just as bad. I don't put my name down because I never really know because of arrangements with the kids whether I can make it or not. The Rock n Bike was a bit of a last minute fluke because I was moaning all year that I wanted to go but couldn't. I think XK has the best idea, that way we'll know for sure they are not going to the next one their name is down for I understand the wanting to go and hoping to get there scenario though, just remember to remove yourself if you find out closer to the date that you can't make it because of transport/illness or whatever. It may be that certain singles put their names down which encourages others to go because they are keen to meet someone in person - that's really not fair when the person doesn't turn up.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 12:53  

''It may be that certain singles put their names down which encourages others to go because they are keen to meet someone in person - that's really not fair when the person doesn't turn up.'' Could be worse, the person could turn up and look nothing like their profile pics!!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 16/08/2011 13:01  

Do what I do. Don't put your name down for any of the events and then on the day if there's nowt better to do you can just turn up lol!!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/08/2011 13:25  

I will take the names of those who turn up, but not on ze list... ..nowt better to do

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 13:29  

I'm with Geoff on this one, I rarely put my name down on an event list unless i am 100% sure that i am going, most of the time i just turn up... i don't feel the need to win any popularity contest or be the person with the most karma. I don't see it as a big issue for some of the smaller meets and as has already been said, a thread is usually started for the bigger meets for the definate ones that are going. Those people who are doing it either aren't making themselves known to the rest of us (or look nothing like profile piccie), don't want to meet up with us (shy?) or think they are so popular it will be noticed that they are missed! (usually not, as nobody cares)

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 16/08/2011 13:57  

geoff it you try that with the Kiss Rally boss mom wont let you in lol

Update Reply
JP @ 16/08/2011 17:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email