MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

attendees

attendees (4) - Forums [Biker Match] attendees (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

attendees

Looks like I posted late as usual but, have to agree with Boody. I was down for the yorkshire Pud and the Bulldog Bash, really wanted to do both, not for Karma points, for me. Sadly my Twin Sister died and I didnt feel like doing either so, I didnt. Couldnt be a***d about removing my name either...who cares?.
There are a lot of great people on here and a lot of ladies who seem to make this whole thing work, with thier time and effort and sheer warmth. I'm thinking Blackberry, Karey, Shell, Brummie Jackie, Boss Mom, Sandi amongst the ones I have met. Also Trish, Bandit Lover.

Scrap the Karma its the people who matter...if they turn up or not. If I get into the top 20 blokes, I'm still a shortarse with a CBF600 !!

Got ticket for "No Bull" next week, intend to do "Stormin" and I've paid on Paypal for KISS. See whoever, wherever, unless I'm struck by lightning or a Volvo. Oh, and I havent got a picture cos I was asked to resize it and it failed and my bike replaced it, which is not allowed. Bike is better looking than me anyway!

Happy Motorcycling people.....its what we are all about xxx

Update Reply
clarkee @ 20/08/2011 22:47  

Well I don't think anyone could blame you for not being a***d about removing your name from the events clarkee...seems a bit trivial don't it Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your sister clarkee. I'm really sorry to hear of your trouble

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 20/08/2011 22:53  

I am guilty of doing this and usually if I cant go I do take my name off sometimes even if its after the event and sometimes i add my name after the event if i have attended at the last minute which i have also done on a number of occasions.

Sometimes life, broken bikes, and money get in the way but I was wondering why some peoples karma rating was so high!!!! (now i know the secret lol I may start putting my name down all over the place

(I have not been able to get to many things this year and have been so fed up because my bike went on a kamakaze mission.

I dont know if the karma rating is important anyway if I see a boke and think ooooh hes quite nice but he has a very high karma I presume (perhaps wrongly) that he is too popular for me to talk to lol and cba and probably already dating blah blah blah maybe i am just odd not worth getting upset about thoughm could not give a hoot

soap box packed away lmao

Update Reply
earthwind @ 20/08/2011 23:06  

so karma on here seems to achieve nothing positive - please scrap it!! lol xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2011 23:32  

well said that woman lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 20/08/2011 23:34  

LOL @ Alice’s ‘piepal’ comment. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> BTW Alice, I took a list of attendees with me to our very first BM gathering at Matlock Bath, and got ribbed for me trouble lol. I wanted to know who was who. <o:p></o:p> Thank you for the praise Clarkee, it’s very nice to be appreciated. My condolences on the death of your twin sister. Mandy, Matt introduced the Karma to get people more active on and off the site and hopefully encourage more people to join once they saw what fun the members were having.<o:p></o:p> I’m not competitive so I’d rather not have the karma rating, would be helpful if it was optional, neither am I bothered if I’m on the top 20 list, I’m on here so often folk know where to find me. <o:p></o:p> And for those who think posting more in the forums means a higher karma rating, think again, look at my postings, they are higher than most members then look at my karma rating, quite low. I think Matt deducts point off mine J/K My membership on here is older than the karma rating, heck, until Matt altered his profile, recently, I'd been a member longer than he had. <o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2011 00:03  

earthwind I would not worry about karma rating. If you like the look of someones profile go for it, sod the karma. For some reason the guys seem to have higher ratings than the girls, but the girls seem to have more input, so I think it's all bo""ocks. My karma rating at one point went to 46. I don't know why! Since then I have added a lot of postings but I have dropped to 36, still bo""ocks! Its only a number.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 21/08/2011 00:20  

oi sandi - piepal was mine!!!!! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2011 00:26  

Forgive me for mt seemingly dim view of social intercourse. What on earth are the advantages of Karma and does it come with rice.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2011 12:57  

lol!! i dont think karma has any advantages - maybe it strokes the ego of some??x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2011 22:10  

lol @ mandy
have you seen your karma rating???
lmao

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 21/08/2011 22:49  

hahaha - sort of my point - i dont have an ego to be stroked so it just seems a bit sad to me!!
i would happily give up my karma to anyone whod like it - i dont even know what it is!! lolxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2011 22:54  

oi sandi - piepal was mine!!!!! lol Oops! sowwy Mandy, my excuse is it's the flu, I'm having more senior moments than usual. lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/08/2011 00:03  

If only I could give up my real karma! God only knows what I've done in this life or a past one to have some of the stuff thrown at me that I have lol. I know Matt spent a lot of time programming the karma thing, but I'd like to see it gone too. I am spending hours and hours every day on here PMing people and sorting out rally stuff at the moment, haven't even had time to look at mine"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2011 00:41  

This seems to have drifted over to karma and it just goes to show that folk say thay are attending events just to boost there karma its simple if your not going don't say you are if you find you can't make the event remove you name.
All we end up with is more threads for attendees lists to show who is going just makes more problems for the event organizers with the differences in numbers and taking up space on the site with meaningless threads and posts to find the stuff your looking for ok Monday morning moan over

Update Reply
JP @ 22/08/2011 07:41  

I dont think there is anything wrong with threads for attendee's lists as that will confirm who wants to be part of the BM crowd on that particular event,,,where as the event page lets you know who is going but may not want to be part of the crowd for various reasons,,,,,,nothing wrong with that...Dont see why it bothers anyone that peeps have thier name down on events and dont turn up then all this bull about Karma !!!!its there so get on with it,,,what difference does it make !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2011 09:32  

good point craig re going but not being part of the groupl - and in the greater scheme of things, karma is bull and it makes no difference!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2011 09:50  

exactly mandy,,, but as always the site is for everyone and everyones oppinions,,,which i sometimes find interesting reading !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2011 09:54  

There should be no need for the attendees list just look at the event page when you get members saying there going on a ride out then thay don't it leaves the organizers not knowing numbers for marshals and if all have arrived at the start point

Update Reply
JP @ 22/08/2011 09:57  

mmm
to say no one like the karmer thing is a bit strange to me
as it seens to get everyone talking adout it

Update Reply
kaycat @ 22/08/2011 09:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email