MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

attendees

attendees (2) - Forums [Biker Match] attendees (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

attendees

Oooooh good, a way to get my karma up!!

Now where can I not go??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 17:27  

I believe folk put themselves down for events purely to increase their karma rating!

The easiest solution would be to remove karma points (or whatever) for this, cos if there's no gain, folk will only put themselves down if they intend to be there! And I'm sure I'm not alone in knowing who those folk are that put themselves down for an event purely to increase their karma!

For the Yorkshire weekend, I contacted all those that hadn't put themselves on the attendees list but were on the events page! It reminded folk about the event (not forgetting that some events are organised months in advance), and organisers have to be aware that standard members can put themselves down on the events page but not post on the forums!

I duly compiled a list and was really pleased cos I ended up adding more folk to it then was taken off

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 16/08/2011 17:46  

lol @ JP ... this is true mate!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/08/2011 17:47  

Not everyone goes with people from BM , I have been to quite a few events with friends or others off her but never seen any (or very few) BM members there at all even tho loads have been listed

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/08/2011 18:23  

Hi everyone
I`ve been reading all the comments and must agree with all said. As a nearly new bm member, i`ve only put my name down on the att list because am 100% going. At one of my past events i was to meet up with some bm members and guess what they never showed up and i could of wasted alot of money on tickets and camping, good job my mate went to the event also there loss thanks PJ

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 18:50  

people who put thier names down on events page are not required to be part of the big BM group that may be organising a meet up etc,,,thats why peeps have started these attendee's posts...members are within thier rights to attend events,,show they are going on events page,,,but may be going with other friends etc,,,,but i do agree that peeps sometimes put them selves down for more than one event on same days in different parts of country which is not right..................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 22:49  

speaking only as a relative newbi, the events on the "events" which i`ve been to, have usually had so many folk at them, like ride outs for h.t.h. or squires or other such, and as i`m usually able to find folk i know to chat with, its tricky to recognise some folk from here amongst hundreds of folk i do not know. (have not put name down and then not turned up though, but also am not sure if i would know how to remove my name either!!!)

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 16/08/2011 23:07  

O Y it's the same for removing as it is for adding, only in reverse. Click on 'add me to this event' to add you then once it's added it should say 'remove me from this event' Give it a try, see if it works.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/08/2011 23:28  

ooo try something new? maybe if i do it to an event i`m def going too just in case? (yes i am very inept with computers!) and organising my callender......

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 17/08/2011 00:16  

surely if you have paid for an event, then you put your name down. can not see any reason to put down before booking. only recently become a member, have booked for KISS rally, so put down as attending. thinking about going to storming the castle, not sure so not put down. who cares about this karma thing? seems a little childish to me!

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 17/08/2011 00:54  

Trust me there are folk on here that will do anything to get to the top of the karma list

Update Reply
JP @ 17/08/2011 06:12  

Well, that's Trish told then!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2011 10:47  

Not that I should have to explain, but as you have mentioned my name XK then I shall. I shall be at the KISS rally from the time registration opens at 10am Friday through till the Saturday morning. I shall then be leaving to head off to the Soggy Moggy rally in Cambridge. 2 events, both on the same weekend, both in different parts of the country and I shall be attending them both. What a pity that you had to bring it to this XK. Happy now!!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/08/2011 10:51  

Calm down, lass. I was just pulling your leg - note the wink after my comment. Sorry to have upset you, last thing I wanted.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2011 11:00  

What a petty minded thread this is!!,,

why the hell should Trish or me or anybody have to explain their actions like naughty kids in school ?????.

and no not a swipe at xk, i saw he was leg pulling x

This is still Bike Match isnt it or did the name suddenly change to Nazi match and i didnt notice?...

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 17/08/2011 11:38  

I think the point of it all was that some people are putting their name down for meet ups on the same day, when tbh... you cannot be in two or three places at the same time. The weekend is different some might go to one meet on a saturday and another on the sunday. The karma thing has always been a source of contention with quite a few peeps on here, some members are very active ( Trish cos she is never at home.... lol ) but there are also others who are not active but like to give the impression that they are. Karma does seem pointless to me and if you are rating yourself by how much karma you have, IMO you are pretty damn shallow!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 17/08/2011 11:43  

Hey Trish we know you turn up at loads of events...hey, me and Alice dance with you all the time, and I can't wait for our date with the w*anking man! I go to loads of events and my karma is crap lol as for xk...he just loves getting slapped so don't humour him. He also knows I don't slap...it's a bloomin great wallop next time

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 17/08/2011 12:16  

*puts on incontinence pants*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2011 13:13  

Bloody Hell....even my pie got 27% karma yesterday (before it got buried )

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 17/08/2011 13:18  

Is it possible for the mods to remove a person from the Events list if it can be established that they didn't attend?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2011 13:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email