MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Mega Ride Out Weekender With The Dark One!

Mega Ride Out Weekender With The Dark One! (12) - Forums [Biker Match] Mega Ride Out Weekender With The Dark One! (12) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Mega Ride Out Weekender With The Dark One!

Paul. fantastic weekend,fantastic singing. never seen a pub that packed before. I think that cider needs a government health warning.

Update Reply
Gsadventuregaz @ 21/08/2011 19:47  

this was a great rally thanks paul and b/b for all you put into it. bunkhouse good lovely people, the pub served us all well breaky and struggled with two events going off at the same time thank you to them for allowing our event and dealing with all the extra work.
Personally big thanks to all bmers you all showed me what a great bunch you are, i felt so cosseted after my swim love you all.
lin this way up.

Update Reply
bic chick @ 21/08/2011 21:55  

Managed to find people in Machynlleth and then lost them as we dawdled over a coffee...durr! Our fault, though.
Never mind, we had an enjoyable day out and eventually ran into some of the BM crew at the Ponderosa on the way back.

Update Reply
Wills @ 21/08/2011 22:05  

Nice one Paul for arranging an absolutely cracking weekend .
The route you planned on Saturday was a belter, (even though the weather was a bit rubbish)
Sorry Hazel and I couldn`t make the Sunday run, but you know the problems I had with the bike .
It was great meeting new folk and old faces again.

Many thanks once again mate and also a very big thanks to the staff of the Mid Wales Inn for putting up with us rabble .

Steve.

Update Reply
podnil @ 21/08/2011 22:45  

Thanks Paul, for arranging the great camping field, and the rideouts were amazing! Impressed with the Flake advert and other singing!! Had fab time despite the rain, glad you are ok Linda and Des. Hope you get your bike sorted Steve, great to see you guys. Great ride home Bill and Dave, hope you got home safe.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2011 09:24  

Yeah Paul you truly are a Thankyou so much for making my Birthday weekend so MEGA ! We have come home with so many fabulous memories and i think i may have left a little piece of my heart in welsh Wales ....HB xx

Update Reply
honda baby @ 22/08/2011 09:29  

I'd like to add my thanks to Paul and B/B for exceeding the promise of a great weekend. Shame the weather stole many of the best views on Saturday but the riding was superb as were the facilities and entertainment.

Paul has a great voice and one or two others (you know who you are) were a little too convincing "camping" it up for the locals.

Glad to see lin ok and back in the saddle so quickly

Update Reply
desres @ 22/08/2011 09:45  

Well, what a top weekend, Paul a billion thanks for sorting it and Michelle was great ferrying us around, (hope you get the window sorted!).

Loved the caravan, and thanks for the use of your shower, you both really looked after us all so well

Want to say many many thanks to Chris (cw) for taking me and bringing me back safely.

Mark (Triple1), I thoroughly enjoyed the ride with you on Saturday, great fun , many thanks

I'll never forget the wild horses when we were out riding, it was an awesome sight.

And TDO what a voice you have, you've most definately got the X-factor! Where you got the energy from to take us out all day and then sing all night is beyond me, bloody amazing!

Conversation of the weekend for me has to be with tazant! He thanked me Saturday night for making him a coffee that morning when he was trying to drag himself out of his pit, I said it wasn't coffee it was tea, and he said, but I don't drink tea, I said well you did this morning rofl..... really tickled me up!

The weekend was superb, the folk, the rides, the pub, it was bloody fantastic!

Cheers again Paul, can't wait for the next one

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 22/08/2011 10:31  

Hi Paul just wanted to say a huge thank you for a great weekend, your voice rocks, legs still ache from so much dancing, I'd also like to say thank you to Michelle for running us about, pm me your address because I owe her a fiver for fags she gave me bless her, lovely to meet you both and to meet other new faces, look forward to seeing you all again soon, much love and ride safe xxxxxxx

Update Reply
Amandabog @ 22/08/2011 14:36  

Yes the weekend was bloody amazing, so sad its over !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2011 14:43  

Last one home, great weekend Paul, nice to meet a few more faces. Really good ride back to pub after leaving everyone, I don't think people realise just how f+++ed you were at the end on Sunday, I'm telling you folks his eyes were out of his head and tears on his cheeks 8pm sun, not having stopped being on the go since his hospital trip, I take my hat off to you Dark One. Sorry again Michelle I was only keeping up.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 22/08/2011 16:18  

The curry house in Rhayader is top notch, thanks to Paul's other half's recommendation!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2011 18:40  

A big thank you Paul, for a really great and truly Mega weekend, must do it again next year. .cheers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2011 18:44  

I'll def get to this one next time..looks like another fantastic BM success

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 22/08/2011 20:34  

You are right there Alice. They just seem to be getting better and better

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 22/08/2011 20:36  

It was great Alice and you were sorely missed xx

Update Reply
Amandabog @ 22/08/2011 20:50  

Right then! After the Initial shock of ending up on my back with countless pipes and wires sticking out of me on tuesday morning! It dawned on me that I only had 3 days to prepare for the arrival of BM in Pant y Dwr! So i annoyed the nurses and doctors so much that they let me out after a scan on wednesday evening! 2 days to go! Thursday morning spent reluctantly cleaning the caravan!!! (michelles orders!) and pitching the O2 arena in canvass!( the tent) it was off to the office supplies to print the maps and get thye yellow card for the signs! Thursday night, set up the caravan, charge the battery, sort out the gas and water! BED!!!! friday AM, Set out the yellow BM arrows for the route into the campsite, pm, sort the water trailer and site the po!, Sorted! Go home and relax! half an hour later Phonecall!!! "theyre arriving" Bugger! Go and meet and greet probably the best group of people I have ever had the privilige to meet in one place, Not a baddun amongst them! Blackberry met me with a wrestle to the ground ( which I of course won because I am a man and obviously superior in every way! Apart from childbirth i think, although I'd give it a bloody good go!!!) Pub next for a "MILD" night for a meet and greet, produced the Maps to a rousing rapture of dissinterest from most!!!!( joking) Some were quite interested really, Except for Bill! Good night was had by all, Except Bill! Finally got home at about 2am! Saturday!!!! The BIG ONE!) went to the pub for brekkie at 830 to be met with most of the crew Spewing up and complaining of headaches and nausea,( we think it was the Altitude) Oh, Except Bill, Anyway a great ride out with 30 bikes and not too many problems erm.... erm..... Ok then in the first 2 miles we lost 12 bikes who decided that the fuel station I'd selected wasnt the right one to go to, so they went to their own!!! cool! Then there was the omnipitent Kawasaki gearlever of Trev's that gave up the ghost untill Bill Mugged a cyclist for some cable ties! Well done Bill! Only the weather could hold us back now!! So It P****D down for the next 20 miles or so! Then as if by magic, crossing the excellent Brynamman Pass It cleared to reveal a stunning view over carmarthenshire and Powys! Beautiful!!!, Lunch at Llandovery where we refuelled and bought something to eat for ourselves, Oh Except Bill! On to the most technical part of the rideout now! I had warned the group that it could be quite treacherous, so some of them headed back to base with David, one of my guides which left us with 21 bikes Over to llyn brianne dam where we rested for half an hour to take in the views and off again, got to the next junction and sent a few of the quicker ones ahead to Tregaron and waited for the rest of the pack,................................................................................................ ..............................................and another fag................................. ...............Better go back and see whats up!! Met them and it was blatantly obvious that something wasnt right when i heard Water skiing and off roading mentioned!!! Anyway thats history and everybody was fine! onto tregaron for a cuppa and over the mountain to rhayader, Meal at the Eagles Inn and back to the pub for about 930! In me gladrags and singing for 3 hours!then drink for another few! BOOGIE ON DOWN IN ME BLING AN COMBINE HARVESTER AN TING!!!!!! Rick, what a voice and thanks for the help mate!! late start on sunday and Bill and a few others went their own way, and a few took the early ride home, aand some of us went for a little jog over some more mountains!! Got back to the Pub at 530, coulnt speak or see anything and went home to change, came back to the pub at about 830 had one drink and went home to bed! WHAT A WEEKEND!!! Big thank you to all who contributed anything at all, especially to Dai and Viv for their guiding, Harry worth for scaring Michelle into thinking I'm the best rider in the world!!LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! And BB for all her help, Michelle for ALL she did I couldnt have done it without her!! And last but not least to all of you who came to this weekender YOU ARE ALL EXCELLENT!, Most EXCELLENT! Thank you ALL! ........................................................................................ Sleep now!

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 22/08/2011 21:33  

Brill read. Many thanks for this

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 22/08/2011 21:48  

cheers Paul thanks for the weekender mate Cj and i thank everyone for making us welcome was A++++++++++ brill mate thanks again PJ

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2011 21:51  

Great post Paul, sums up the weekend perfectly and your hard work was very much appreciated .

Oh and just to let you know I brought home the sign you made for me so I can stick it on the caravan next time, and of course it's a great memento from the weekend

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 22/08/2011 22:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email