MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Manor House ride out 25th April

Manor House ride out 25th April  (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Manor House ride out 25th April  (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Manor House ride out 25th April

Thanks everyone for a great day out. Not been up that part of Yorkshire much so haven't got a clue where we went but thoroughly enjoyed it. See you all again very soon

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 25/04/2011 21:26  

Old Rocks, Older Rocks, Rocks in the shape of a Castle, Fake (Folly) Rocks... LOL Nice Ride Out XK... even with all the stops, the private roads, the bloke setting the dogs on us etc etc. Thanks all for great company as always, it's always impressive to be in a ride out and somehow manage to keep everyone together like that. Hi and Thanks to all present, old and new. Really enjoyed those roads, some of which we'd seen before, and others which were new. I think we'll be back to the Manor... that Manor Special Burger was delicious! Here's to the next one...

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 25/04/2011 21:35  

Special Note to CW... don't forget to put "Weirdos... ^^^ See Above ^^^" on your profile. Clinton gets lonely you know! LOL!

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 25/04/2011 21:37  

Tim just winging his way back across the Pennines

Thanks for a great day.....especially introducing BM to bike-aerobics XK!! I'm sure we'll all be a lot fitter for it You were an amazing tour guide and we must all be more knowledgeable by now.... Richard 3rds druids built a temple out of some crazy rocks called Brimham whilst discovering how to brew some real ale. See...I was listening too !!

Lovely to meet you all...looking forward to the next time

PS. sorry didn't make Squires..would have made it even later for Tim to get back.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 25/04/2011 21:49  

Thanks ian noooo Yes also thanks to x k too for taking us around as well. Yes 2 biker chicks in the making with yids and pauls daughters. Agree with ian great food too at the mannor cafe. Karey il be getting a bad name

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2011 22:22  

Please see above
Great day some lovely runs thanks to XK for the grand tour HRC it was the only smooth bit of tarmac that we went on and you didn't like it

Update Reply
cw @ 25/04/2011 22:31  

Hope the Div was ice cream free lol

glad to see you all had a good day

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/04/2011 23:31  

due to me being a cheapskate after doing a check on me shim clearances and re-using an old rocker cover gasket and no patience waiting a week for a new one.... ended up with an oil slick BP would be proud of on one side of my engine thus not going on the ride out looks like you guys had a really good trip out.... sandi and me were the only two there at one point hung about for a while then decided it would be prudent to take a steady ride back .... it was good fun seeing every body there and a good day out at a new venue to be done again soon.....

Update Reply
nellie @ 26/04/2011 00:33  

Yes we found ice cream Jackie ... Proper country farmhouse stuff ... Very yummy :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/04/2011 06:40  

Jackie i did try to save you some too Shells right it was a lovley ice cream too mm

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 07:39  

Great day out, different to say the least and loved the Druids Temple. Thanks XK . Would have been made better if cw would have let us sacrifice him As usual it was good to see everyone, and anyone wondering why I insisted climbing all the time it's due to packing the cigs up! Got too much energy and need to keep myself occupied. I love meeting up with BM folk, and anyone wondering whether to do it or not, should. As Clinton said really friendly bunch, if not slightly mad I only took a few pics but they have been added to the events page. Don't forget to tag yourselves

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 26/04/2011 08:07  

***** sits in the corner and sulks

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/04/2011 08:45  

Proper could taste the cream in it ice cream mmmmmmmm

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/04/2011 09:17  

Well done you Karen! You can be as bouncy and energetic as you want at Barmouth if it means you stay off the fags hun xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 09:47  

Thanks Vanessa, I'll be like flippin tigger, bouncing around everywhere!

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 26/04/2011 11:00  

Wondered why you were so giddy lol now we know

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/04/2011 14:44  

Jackie mm shells right it was so creamy n fresh the ice:) mm. Also a nice flake in it too but you wouldnt have wanted that nice flake would you jackie Well done karen with the cigs and wondered why you wanted to climb the temple lol...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 14:46  

The Druids Temple, situated near Ilton, about 4 miles west of Masham is a folly created by William Danby of nearby Swinton Hall in 1820. The structure sits deep within a private forest and includes a large stone table, a sheltered cave and an altar stone. The temple is approximately 100 feet long and 50 feet wide, with some of the stones standing over 10 feet high. Check it out on Utube! Middleham Castle became home to some of the most powerful lords of the 15th century, including Salisbury, Warwick and Richard, Duke of Gloucester, later King Richard III, he was particularly fond of Middleham, preferring it to any of his other castles. The round tower at the south-west corner of the curtain wall, traditionally known as the Prince's Tower, is said to be where Richard's son Prince Edward was born and died.After Richard was killed at the Battle of Bosworth in 1485 Henry VII became king, and Middleham Castle became his. Scar House was the last reservoir to be built in the Nidd Valley and took fifteen years to complete, stone for the reservoir dam was quarried from the quarry on Dead Mans Hill,where steam houses can still be seen. Scar House was once home to more than 1,250 villagers who lived and worked building the Nidderdale dam in the 1920s. Evidence of the village can be seen on the approach road to the dam, all that remains are the concrete bases. The old Village Hall, was moved to Darley, where it now serves as the local Village Hall. Robert Theakston leased the Black Bull Inn and brewhouse in Masham.In 1875 his son, Thomas, built the famous brewery that stands on an area of Masham known as “Paradise Fields”. Hence “The Black Bull in Paradise” Visitor Centre. The Brimham Rocks are formations located on in , . The rocks stand at a height of nearly 30 metres in an area owned by the National Trust which is part of the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty<...uty. There are many variations of rock formations, caused by the Millstone Grit being eroded by water, glaciation and wind, most of which have achieved amazing shapes. Many of the formations have been named, though some imagination is required and the correct viewing angle is helpful. Examples are The Sphinx, The Watchdog, The Camel, The Turtle and The Dancing Bear.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 16:25  

May I make a suggestion? That any ride out that is going to take place while at a gathering/meet be added to the calendar event details. I had no idea that a ride out was goin to take place until everyone started getting ready for it at the venue. After riding there and then sitting on hard seats my back was done in and another ride wasn't an option for me.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/04/2011 16:59  

Sorry Sandi - I take your point. I just assumed anyone reading this thread would see there was a rideout planned (see pages 3, 6 & 8).

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 17:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email