MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Manor House ride out 25th April

Manor House ride out 25th April  (7) - Forums [Biker Match] Manor House ride out 25th April  (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Manor House ride out 25th April

It was something that had been suggested Sandi but was not added to the calender as it was not all finalized till the camp last week when I actually saw XK sorry

I did not want to promise a ride out for it not to happen & people be disappointed, but as XK says it has been mentioned in the thread and most were ready for a ride out being done, again sorry if you had missed it

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/04/2011 17:43  

XK I didn't have time to come on line after the ride out comments were posted and only saw the posts today. I didn't even know that Nellie knew about the ride out til I read his post in here. lol Also, not everyone who attends BM events reads the event forum, they just look what's on the calendar and turn up, so I've been told. Shell, I'm a bit confused, if the ride out was finalised last week then there was time to add it to the calendar before the day, yes? The point I'm making is if I'd known about the ride out I wouldn't have attended the event. it's not very comfortable riding for over an hour to an event then sitting on unsuitable seating, it takes me a couple of days to recover, then after arriving folk go on a ride out. Surely the point of the gatherings, or meets as others call them, is to have a chat and get to know fellow members. I know most of you get together a lot and therefor know each other well but newcomers, and folk like me who can't camp or do weekend events, don't get that opportunity. Sorry, not meaning to pee on anyone's bonfire just explaining how it feels from my point of view.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/04/2011 22:03  

I understand what you are saying Sandi. As you know I like to arrange 'meets' as opposed to rides out, not my forte I'm afraid, but it seems par for the course now that someone will sort a ride for folk to go on if they wish. I just run around now trying to say hello to people I've not met before any ride lol. And to be honest I know in the past I've not added any ride out to a 'meet' I have arranged but will remember to do it in the future

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 26/04/2011 22:22  

The ride from the manor was only sorted last weekend however for many the day did not begin there ... The 1st line of the even that was submitted was ....

Ride out to the manor cafe. Meet up see the local countryside.

The Manor was part of that ride out, meet ups are not just about seeing people off here, they are also about enjoying time together, doing something that we have in common, and as happened last weekend having a laugh.

And as has been said before it was widely discussed in the thread including where the ride would end up.

I do understand what your saying about your back etc however Nellie knows you better than we do and I would have thought that he would have discussed any concerns re this with you, eg, one of the reasons I went pilly is because Ian and I had discussed what the roads to the manor would be like and if I felt comfortable riding that type of road.

You cannot please all the people all the time and lots like a ride out, so I will be arranging more of them, and will ask the ride planners to let me have route plans for submission to the event.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/04/2011 00:30  

I think it should be enough to just put on the event listing that a ride-out may be organised from the meet/venue and suggest people check the thread closer to the date for details. That way anyone not wishing to join in could post that and that way if there were other like-minded folk not up for it (so to speak lol) then they could merely sit around and have a chat.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2011 01:14  

We sat around and had a chat when we got there and i had a meal [had to eat] then some went home, some for a ride and some stopped there.
The ride out made an ordinary ride into a fun day out and those that didn't go on it missed the best part of the day, thanks xk you did a great job, i had done 240miles by the time i got home

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 27/04/2011 02:11  

Bill had to eat , lol had been at least an hour since his last meal!

Food there was good I have to admit, but your right Bill for those who went on the ride, lovely roads and countryside, fantastic company, good laugh and giggle, and the sun shining all day, what more could be asked for ... ???

Hope it's as good when we do Whitby next month :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/04/2011 02:20  

This was the first time I've been to one of your meets and it was a great day out. I get bored with the ride an hour go to a cafe and ride home again trips. I have a bike to ride it and there's more to this country than cafes. Sunday was well organised with a rideout picking people up on the way. Then a chance to meet everyone followed followed by another ride. You could choose whether you wanted to spend the day riding or just wanted to go and meet up for a chat

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 27/04/2011 08:48  

I don't have the luxury of choice as I have IBS and I have to know exactly where toilets will be so riding round for hours isn't fun for me. As I stated before I don't go to rallies or other weekender events so the only time I get chance to meet folk and chat is at cafes, it's a little disappointing to ride for over an hour to meet up with folk who then take off. All I asked was that if there's going to be a ride out within a ride out that it be posted in the calendar. I can't make a choice if I aint got all the details.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/04/2011 09:06  

Glad you enjoyed it Harry, I know you were so new here you were still wet behind the ears & your chain was not even lubed yet so it is great to hear your comments.

There will be lots more rides out, I need the practice for one thing dont want to be on Dark ones ride out & be holding peeps up in the Welsh hills.

The next planned one so far is Whitby, this will be for lunch there & then a ride out after, there are too many nice roads about & (hopefully) lots of nice sunny days to enjoy riding them

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/04/2011 17:04  

Hi all, Is there anything being planned for this weekend at all? namely the sunday or the monday?? I missed the one just gone due to a puncture going for petrol that morning to get up to daftuns. had to wait for the rac turning up.

Update Reply
Gsadventuregaz @ 27/04/2011 19:35  

Awww pan ... We are all off to barmouth this week, unless someone else plans something short notice ... You can come camp or visit us there tho if you want :-) but no ride outs planned just a chill out

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/04/2011 19:45  

I enjoyed my first BM meet and rideout on sunday, it was great! Was made to feel more than welcome by all, and had an ace time. So much so, that I'm coming to the weekend camp in Barmouth. Made a nice change for me from doing the same roads every sunday. Looking forward to more of them, and I'll try not to be so shy in future lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2011 20:16  

Hi mate was good to see you there monday too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2011 20:56  

Yeah, cheers pal, was good to put real live faces to some names, me and thee looked a little odd men out in the full race leathers lol! But made to feel at home anyway!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2011 21:23  

Kwaka it was good to have so many new faces there, and really good to know you all enjoyed yourselves nice to see your joining us this weekend too it's gonna be a giggle :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/04/2011 01:38  

Yes not many of us in full leathers your right

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2011 08:36  

mmm, long while since i've been camping on the bike, will make refreshing change, and if this mornings frost is anything to go by, then it'll deffo be more than refreshing!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2011 09:05  

See the Whitby Ride-out for my next adventure

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2011 17:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email