MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What's Your Claim to Fame

What's Your Claim to Fame (4) - Forums [Biker Match] What's Your Claim to Fame (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What's Your Claim to Fame

I had forgotten about this one. When Manchester held the Common Wealth Games, the company I worked for at the time won the contact to design, print and despatch the tickets. The tickets included; the opening event, all of the events and the closing event and we had just 2 weeks to print and despatch all of the tickets ordered. There were 2 of us that were responsible for developing a process to ensure that everyone that had ordered tickets received the correct ones, and I was responsible for the quality management of the whole thing. Considering how many tickets were ordered, I was so proud that we had a 0.01% error rate.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 26/03/2011 07:28  

WHEN I WORKED FOR A RECORD COMPANY I USED TO GET LOTS OF FREEBIES, GIG TICKETS ETC. . . HAD BACKSTAGE PASSES FOR MOTORHEAD AND PARTIED ALL NIGHT WITH THEM, COOL GUYS!!! TELLING DAVID COVERDALE TO 'F**K OFF, I AINT NO GROUPY!'

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2011 18:04  

OH YEAH! AND DANNY FROM McFLY IS MY SECOND COUSIN. ( YES, I KNOW,I KNOW! HEHEEHEHE! )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2011 18:06  

i have had nic turner from hawkwind play his sax to one our songs on stage met the rev al green who demanded one of our cd,s and said it was some of the best stuff he had heard for some while sir bob geldof at a festival we were playing mike baldwin offa corrie at the nec and i fell in love with morrigan who allthough not known by most is the most famous in my eyes gorgeous x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2011 17:28  

the banner at the top of the page , in front of the 1st window from the left , woohoo what a claim to fame oh and an educational video for Genus (it's a farming thing) , called 'Mastitis and Cell Counts' when i was in my early 20s , with a clear shot of the obscene t-shirt that i was wearing oops 'Monarch of the Glen' was filmed where i grew up , the school in it is the Primary School that i attended many moons ago

Update Reply
fastjock @ 11/04/2011 22:16  

I fell humbled to share the ether with such clearly famous people

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 11/04/2011 22:31  

Went to the 07 iom tt as a guest to manx gas, saw Martin Finnegan (rip) Klaus Klaffenbock (world champ sidecar racer) and milky quayle, and to top it all off, my mums cousin is...................................keith chegwin, there you go, admitted my best kept secret to the world, bring the gun, think i'm gonna shoot myself!!!

Update Reply
k8 gixxer @ 11/04/2011 23:43  

Showed Graham Cole (the Bill) a hotel room in Tunbridge Wells

Served Robson Green (really nice guy) and John McCrirrick (complete t*sser)

Saw Chris Eubank on Sunday at the Brighton marathon, climbing over fencing, only spotted him because of his shirt

Walked past Justin Lee Collins with his girlfriend in Richmond a week ago

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 11/04/2011 23:58  

What were you doing with Justin lee collins's girlfriend Brig lol

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 12/04/2011 00:00  

Oh Brigadoon you've broken my heart now, JLC has a girlfriend?! , *sighs* lol.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/04/2011 08:54  

lol GT, well, you know

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 12/04/2011 19:06  

beat this one then , i waved to kate middleton and prince william on monday they drove past my house and waved back .think he d lost is helicopter.

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 12/04/2011 20:00  

my Ex wife sat on the loo after linda lusardi , core blimey i missed by one !!!!!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 12/04/2011 20:12  

My eldest son as a 9 yr old was an extra in the 2nd WW drama "Piece of Cake". He was one of the children in the school pretending to be in France, it was actually Bibury nr Cirencester

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2011 22:22  

had the oddest conversation involving me, colin mcrae(rip), keith flint (prodigy) and kevin schwantz in pit at brands - all of us extolling the virtue of gsxrs!!!! gave steve hislop (rip)a verbal battering for being disappointed with 2nd when he wildcarded wsb at brands for monstermob. he'd set outright lap record the day before and was gutted he didnt win. he was in his undies at the time but we spoke for ages!! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/04/2011 22:10  

@WheelyNealy wow i thourt i was the only one that had a thing for linda lusardi ... had her posta over my bed ... dose that count ... lol

Update Reply
neil1340hd @ 21/04/2011 22:09  

My ex husband was a roadie so i got to see and meet a lot of big bands during the late 70's and early 80's My biggest moment was when Thin Lizzy played for two nights at the Apolo in Oxford and we were invited to the party after the first night Finished up playing , and BEATING , Phil Lynett at pool Oh those were the days Mind you he was coked off his head at the time ......HB

Update Reply
honda baby @ 22/04/2011 09:59  

I was stage security when Cheryl Cole was in Girls Aloud and they played at my home town local university, also security for The Cheeky Girls at the same venue, as I was so close to them I could see that their backsides were covered in spots!!! Also a former British Champion in martial arts....beat all the men at the time too:)

Update Reply
zilly1 @ 29/04/2011 22:31  

doing 140+ with guy martin on the back

Update Reply
redzed11 @ 29/04/2011 22:56  

so wen u gonna give me a go redzed11!!!! lol xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/04/2011 07:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email