MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What's Your Claim to Fame

What's Your Claim to Fame - Forums [Biker Match] What's Your Claim to Fame - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What's Your Claim to Fame

Mine as all of my stuff is, has a twist of humour. Back in the early '90's I loost 5 stone in weight on the Cambridge diet and was one of the top Cambridge dieters in the West Midlands. We were invited to a top notch do at a posh hoteland told that, each of us (along with other dieters from across the country), would be invited onto the stage and presented with a prize for our achievement. One by one our names were called and as each of us stepped onto the stage, a 'before' photograph was projected up onto a scren the size of a football pitch. When my name was called, I made my way from my seat onto the stage and the photograph appeared. My heart stopped. The photograph they had chosen was not a full body shot (which you would have thought appropriate given the event), oh no, it was just a photograph of my face and it filled the bloody screen. It actually remembled the moon on a very very bad day. Needless to say, I turned down the request to do an interview with Bella magazine. Over to you lot for your Claims to Fame.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 07/03/2011 19:38  

i flashed angus young,,and he tripped over

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 07/03/2011 19:45  

If you saw Flash Gordon in the cinema when it was released, there was a documentary film shown called "burgers and beans" about some kids going on a trip on a sailing boat. I was the Skinhead in it.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 07/03/2011 19:58  

I've been in the back of a transit van with James May ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/03/2011 20:24  

When my son, Henry, was little he fell off his bike and cut his head quite badly so we went to Booth Hall Childrens' Hospital. Tommy Boyd was there filming for a kids programme so we were on it, they filmed Henry getting an Xray and having stitches. I looked a right mess, all covered in blood

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 07/03/2011 20:29  

i went to school with and was really good friends with Dave Allen's (comedian with half finger missing... remember??!!) daughter and he saved me from running out in front of a car end of term one year!!!
my bessi mate at same school got "love notes" from Peers Nimo's son.... but she wasnt interest... pmsl!! i was on tv once at wimbledon when i was kid... mum spotted me by my flourescent bright pink socks ... warn with skirt of course .. pmsl ... il shush up for now...!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/03/2011 21:04  

My mate has been a roadie for the chuckle brothers for the last 3 years and Mavis Riley from Coronation Street once came into the garage I worked at and I got to speak to her

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 07/03/2011 21:19  

Tommy Cannon sat on my old VTR when I had it on the Honda Owners Club stand at a show at York Racecourse.

I think I upset him though by trying to be funny! When I saw him sat on my bike (despite the "Please do not sit on this bike" sign), I shouted over "Which one are you again? Little or large?" By heck, if looks could kill lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 07/03/2011 21:35  

I once had a nice chat with the singer from the manic street preachers who was sat at the next table to me outside a french cafe And ken Barlow from corrie once used the other side of the petrol pump when I was filling up my car, but I didn't chat to him

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 07/03/2011 21:50  

I managed to get on tv 3 times, first was the original Saint, me and mates were getting in the way whilst they were filming on the thames tow path over the river from the studio so they kept us in shot as the baddies went past, then when Thames tv started up in mid 60's I was in one of the first broadcast shots fishing. Nice good clear 12 sec shot on top gear when they did the bulldog bash with steve berry, got that on dvd. Absolutely sod all since not even police camera action { they always catch the slow ones LOL.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 07/03/2011 22:09  

Stood in the bogs at cadwell park having a squirt with Murry Walker. and totally ignoring suzi perry at Donnington and that put a right stick up her arse lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/03/2011 23:37  

is there room up there with her up it as well???

Update Reply
pondlife @ 08/03/2011 04:50  

You ignored Suzi, how could you.
My Mrs persuaded me to go on a TV quiz show, where we got all the questions wrong hehe, we didn't tell anyone when it was being shown.
I also took part in a Met Police promotional film in 1977, where I had to round up some yobs ( actors) and throw them in the back of a van, I got a bit carried away and gave one of them such a shove that he banged his head on the front and had to go hospital for stitches. I did have a video of it, but over the years it has got lost.
:-(

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 08/03/2011 07:37  

I met Ozzy Osbourne and family early morning, we had a good chat and Kelly took our picture which ended up in the newspaper. I was going to China and they were goin back home to LA. Got to China and appeared on radio, TV and newspapers. Hated being followed around with a mic shoved in my face!

Update Reply
Rock Bike @ 08/03/2011 08:02  

Not sure whether i should admit it or not ............

I dated the lead singer from Twisted Sister , yes i know now he is a tranny lol

I went to school with half of UB40

I have been on 1 vs 100 game show

and i met Bernie Flint (of opportunity knocks fame) on the tube in London lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/03/2011 10:17  

i meat the queen
prinses anne
and been on wife swap

Update Reply
kaycat @ 08/03/2011 10:53  

When the bomb went off in Manchester my XJ650 was parked about 20ft away :( but they are bombproof, it's only injuries were a flat tyre and a smashed headlight. When it actually went off we were being told to walk up Market St and people started running when it actually exploded a lady tripped and knocked herself out, I was filmed giving her first aid and the footage went all the way to Australia..... I was getting calls off friends there asking if it was me and i hadn't even seen it as it took ages to get home!!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 08/03/2011 13:45  

I'm on the font cover of The Clay Cross Story. A book which was written about 40 years ago, I'm a preminition on it lol! I was in the same class as actor Ben Miles at senior school I've seen Noddy Holder in the street in Bournemouth, I said eyup, he said alright I've seen Roy Wood shopping in Derby, Bill Bailey on a train from London, Lilo Lil on St Pancras Station, the chap who was in Airwolf on the Norfolk Broads, and I've met various MPs/union activists; Dennis Skinner, Ken Livingstone, Tony Blair (tsss), Alan Johnson, Bill Morris, Rodney Bickerstaff. Live fast die young hey!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 08/03/2011 14:15  

"i met the queen
prinses anne
and been on wife swap"

Woah, woah .... you've been on wife swap!!!
Now that's a claim to fame!

(Never mind about all that Queen nonsense ... )

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 08/03/2011 15:31  

I was chatted up by the lead singer of Queensryche in Hull's Cheese Bar when I was far too young to be in there, he was rather scrummy tho, and I didnt realise who he was til they came on stage as support for Ronnie James Dio, and I thought, wowwwww ! I've met Thunder several times in their early days at after show parties, apart from that... not a lot !

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 08/03/2011 16:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email