MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

From Nuneaton

From Nuneaton - Forums [Biker Match] From Nuneaton - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

From Nuneaton

hello all, Just joined the site and like the feeling of being part of a community. I had a look at a couple of other sites. Although they had all kinds of 'bells and whistles' there was not much there when one really started to look. They just seemed interested in getting people to part with their cash. At least subscribing at a low rate on this site is not such a risky business. All seems a bit quiet this evening though.

Any one in the Nuneaton area that fancies getting in contact, please feel free. I work shifts and often have days off in the week, so I would especially like to hear from anyone who is available then.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2007 16:54  

welcome to bm hun xx

Update Reply
Di @ 14/05/2007 16:58  

hiya martain welcome to the nutt house and bm

Update Reply
storm @ 14/05/2007 18:02  

hi and welcome. Certainly not quiet tonight, 316 people online right now! Let me know if you need any help with anything, certainly not here for the cash though (See other topics on this issue) just need some support paying to run the site.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/05/2007 18:45  

Thanks for the welcome!!

I like this site. It is interesting to see people (mostly) who are into bikes and seem to have good and generally honest, easy-going attitudes to others. Makes a nice change from some other 'elitist' sites and clubs I have come across.

Matt - you are doing a great job. Had a look at other topics concerning subscription rates etc.

By the way, I was not insinuating you were after people's cash. That comment was referring to some other sites.

I see what you mean about trying to strike a balance between a viable (profitable) enterprise and value.

The reason I subscribed was that it was 'low risk'. I can use the site and see how it goes without there being a dent in finances, or being committed for a long period of time. As it happens, I am enjoying using the site etc. So it has worked out nicely.

I think the 99p subscription is good to get people to try the site without feeling pressured. If they don't like it, or it is not their 'scene' - fair enough.

As part of a business model to gain initial interest, it is a good idea. If you can afford to advertise and get promoted then it is a good way to generate cash flow to go some way to covering ex's.

I was wondering if you have looked at getting free advertising through press interest/editorials and that kind of thing. Perhaps some reciprocal promotions with other biking organisations/events. Perhaps cooperative advertising with clubs and the like.

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, this is a good and interesting site (wish more women would reply to my winks - damn it ).

Even if you have to charge a bit more, it is still worth it (within reason of course).....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2007 20:18  

welcome to BM

Update Reply
Istaqa @ 15/05/2007 04:52  

welcome to BM

Update Reply

welcome to BM

Update Reply

welcome to bm martyn happy posting and welcome to the mad house lol

Update Reply
RC @ 15/05/2007 05:45  

Hi Martyn, I can't reply to your wink cos ya dint wink at me Have fun, I hope ya find who you're looking for Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/05/2007 14:09  

@ kwak

Update Reply
Di @ 15/05/2007 14:10  

Nor Me !

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 19/05/2007 10:23  

Nor me either but i will. Please wink at me i dont get too many

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 19/05/2007 17:21  

Hi Martyn Hilda here you didn't wink at me either!!! I live in Rutland not so far from you? or is my geography pants??!!

Update Reply
hilda123 @ 19/05/2007 19:01  

Welcome to BM Martyn. But can I please ask you to refrain from saying how cheap this site is. Matt has a lavish new lifestyle in The Nether-regions to support and we don't want to encouraging him to up the ante.

Update Reply
dazpants @ 19/05/2007 21:53  

Nuf said Dazpants! Nether-regions sounds good though.

Ladies! Do you not have a wink button too?

What happened to sexual equality and the modern progressive age when women are supposed to be more predatory?

Or shall we uphold the more traditional ways?

Think I am getting more confused by the minute... where are those meds...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/05/2007 02:27  

see u have fit in very nicely martyn........on the meds already!!!!!!!! lmao

oh here you go take 1 tablet 3 times a day hehehe

Update Reply
RC @ 20/05/2007 06:23  

i got a wink!! think i 4got to send one back tho,ooops!! meds always help on here martyn!

Update Reply
witchiest @ 20/05/2007 07:07  

errrrrrrrrr, where's mine? gonna start deleting soon

Update Reply
Di @ 20/05/2007 07:12  

PML@ Martyn and 'equality' I winked at someone but the bugger dint wink back, perhaps he needs eye drops?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/05/2007 10:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email