MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Recommend a Rally

Recommend a Rally - Forums [Biker Match] Recommend a Rally - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Recommend a Rally

Last year, I attended a number of rallies and I do have my favorites. Thought it might be useful to share some of the reasons why I thought that some rallies were better than others. Soggy Moggy - Cambridgeshire This is a 2 nighter run by the Tigers MCC and from what I can establish, most of the proceeds go to the animal sanctuary, but the website will tell you more. The capacity is c 800 and the tickets always sell out very fast. There are loads of traders along with lots of food stalls, good shower and toilet facilities. The Friday night is always a blast with a couple of bands but as a rule, a band called Camoflage always play on the Friday night because the band members love the rally so much that they want to enjoy the antics of the Saturday. Around lunch time on the Saturday, the Tigers put on the most fun packed games afternoon along with the usual rally virgins initiation. At £15 a ticket (2011), and extra for the privalidge of parking up a car, well worth every penny in my opinion. Harley Davidson Baildon, Shipley Rally This is a 3 nighter and I found it hard going after partying hard for 2 nights....each to their own!! Great facilities, the rugby club facilitated breakfast and brews and the local pub has live band entertainment during the daytime on the Saturday and Sunday. There is also a huge ride out arranged for those that have the ability to make it: ) There were also non harley riders there, so I guess it's not exclusive!!! The Window Lickers rally Put on by the Dregs MCC at The Brownlow Arms ,High Marnham Nottingham A very cosy rally, with a large amount of camping space in the grounds of the pub. The amininites are basic, but adequate but none the less a very well run rally. The pub put on 'ok' food at a reasonable cost. You wont find many traders at this one because it is small and cosy but great fun all the same with games put on for your entertainment on the Saturday. As far as I am aware, there is no organised ride out. Tan Hill I really enjoyed my time at Tan Hill. It is a very barren place and the camping area is odd unless you get there early and are able to pitch on one of the very few 'level' areas, and you do need to be aware that sheep and chickens will attempt to get into your tent. The pub is IMO fab, and the food is good but when they are busy, be patient and be prepared to wait. If you are going to Tan Hill for the weekend, a ride out has to be on the cards. The roads are like the area, very barren so that makes them perfect for a ride out. The event I attended was a BM organised event, but I am aware that many riders go to Tan Hill, and for that reason I have included it here. I intend to do rallies this year that I haven't done before, so your feedback will be very much appreciated. I hope this thread keeps going

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 30/01/2011 14:37  

The BM K.I.S.S. 2011 Will be the best rally this year by far

Update Reply
JP @ 30/01/2011 17:50  

I don't doubt that JP, I just it might be useful with rally season approaching for people to share their experiences of rallies because there are loads advertised and for some of us it is champagne life styles on lemonade wages, so we need to be able to be very seletive, therefore recommendation has to be a good thing!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 30/01/2011 17:54  

BL what a fab post - ta x Frozen nuts this week end will give an update afters if not got hyperthermeia lol !!!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 30/01/2011 17:55  

squires rock un bike show in aug is a good one 2 nights about £10 in advance booking deails on events page

Update Reply
JP @ 30/01/2011 17:59  

both the NABD rallies are good, well run, good entertainment, seeing Ruff Daddy is a must, and funds go to good cause, K.I.S.S will be great as well just wish it was at a different weekend to NABD

Update Reply
drobess @ 30/01/2011 18:17  

I agree with JP, Yorkshire Rock & Bike show in august is fab...12 bands over the weekend...and tables to dance on should the urge take you lol

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 30/01/2011 18:21  

"No Bull just Beer and Bikes" at Penmenau Farm, Builth Wells is excellent.
Its on on May bank holiday (at the end of the month) and again on August bank holiday. I have been going with a couple of mates recently and we all love it. There is a large indoor area and they have some great Bands on. The Bar is a big one too and hot food is available. They have a bike show and a water slide, if the weather is good. Its in a lovely area with some great roads locally. The farm run a tractor bus to the town, think its every half hour and free. If you go into town there are a couple of good pubs doing live music in the day and its a really great atmosphere. Catch the tractor back when you have had a skinfull.
There are also hot showers which are free too. Its a crackin rally and all for about £15. I'm really looking forward to it already. A few people come as a family but its never turned into a kindergarten just really friendly and well run.

Another good rally is Leeds Lions at Easter, if it doesnt snow

Update Reply
clarkee @ 30/01/2011 18:45  

Forgot to say, Penmenau Farm is right next door to the Royal Welsh Showground. Thats where the Welsh Motorcycle show used to be held. Its Easy to find

Update Reply
clarkee @ 30/01/2011 18:48  

Just looking in to my crystal ball in to the future and yes the best rally this year is the BM KISS rally in September, its very clear i can see it now, good music brill beer great entertainment

Update Reply
Timeout @ 30/01/2011 22:02  

how about, Into the Valley rally end Aprill, Farmyard Party rally mid June both in Yorkshire, there both big rallys with all the facilities and entertainment you would expect to be there, B L Tan Hill was a camping weekend i organise and i agree it was a brilliant weekend, if you people want i can organise another one there this year.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 31/01/2011 02:19  

Any rally were Mr Bill is xxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/01/2011 10:23  

I don't rate into valley. It's up the road from a non biker friendly village, and insufficient undercover area if 2010 owt to go by.

Sewer rats on Ilkley moor is great, no restraints re noise cos you're on moor and sheep don't mind you partying. and mcc put transport on down to Silsden village Sat lunch. Supermarket to stock up on voddy, loads of pubs, and food places. there's no proper bar, just cans and shorts but drinks are dirt cheap and you can take your own in.

Other one I like is Wobbly Goolies, little one and very friendly, bar at this one with handpumps. Also Snaith village walkable distance with good pubs with good food.

Both £15 and both do snap vans for the culinarily challenged.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 01/02/2011 00:45  

i do rate into the valley there was a marquee with a bar and another on the end of the music tent lots of eating places and stalls ect. and they had a large bonfire which burned all night long you could take your own drinks in and drink them anywere , although you were directed away for the near by village which only has church and few house the market town of Beverley is just 6 miles down the road and has a huge amount of pubs and cafebars a large Tesco and all the other shops and things you would expect in a town, Market Weighton is 5 miles with pubs cafe supermarket ect. Eton is 1 mile and has a biker friendly pub what more could you want.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 01/02/2011 04:17  

To get in the music tent would have been nice, it was rammed, far too small for the number there, and a fire's not much of an attraction to a severe asthmatic.

I agree with you re Beverly being a pretty village, but I've seen it several times, and as it's not within walking distance the pubs there are a no go. I didn't know about Holt, but was told by stewards that there was nothing within walking distance other than the 'no bikers' place.

Horses for courses and just giving my view, but as its same organisers as Farmyard I think its a disappointing rally. Glad you enjoyed it though Bill.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 01/02/2011 23:40  

Hull 750 here just to point out biker unfriendly village will not be an issue this year as what ever was their issue has been resolved (as I was told during a meeting at Beverly MAG group shortly after the rally) plus the marquee situation is this no big rally ever has a single marquee big enough if everyone decides to go in to it all at the same time (just not practical) that is why the Farmyard and the Into the Vally have more that just one venue to let your hair down. But I can seriously reccomend my clubs Bailwood Rally 13th May till 15th May our Marquee will be big enough for the 250 limit :o) Tickets selling fast please book early to avoid dissapointment :o) (posted in Events)

Update Reply
julie j @ 02/02/2011 12:06  

i think the best rally is going to be storming the castle it is always great to go weath is more good than bad lots of beer good bands and the views top rate too.

Update Reply
shadowguyver @ 02/02/2011 18:12  

well i would say stormin is my fave so far, but i may change my mind if the BM one is going to be better lol, may even give stormin a miss ,and go toBM one this year

Update Reply
carrie203 @ 02/02/2011 23:22  

Carrie you have to bring the Yeti to the BM rally its the law !!!! lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/02/2011 13:34  

the bum in the mud is a great do, mersea island essex, proper loos & showers not huge but real friendly or ther is always perverts in leather if your that way inclined

Update Reply
axcell @ 03/02/2011 16:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email