MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Chat Room Abbreviations

Chat Room Abbreviations - Forums [Biker Match] Chat Room Abbreviations - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Chat Room Abbreviations

Hi and welcome to all newbie members (I sometimes forget to say 'Hi' at the time they join) Some members are newbies to chat rooms too and get a bit lost when regulars use abbreviations in the chat room, so if anyone would like a list of COMMONLY USED abbreviations (as opposed to folks making their own up, which only confuses folk more) just let me know your email address and I'll send you it. You could print it out and keep it handy. Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/05/2007 06:44  

Hi Kwak Have sent you a private message Thanx

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 12/05/2007 07:00  

also if any one havin probs with internet explorer try this

www.mozilla.com

its better than internet explorer as i have found out ie tends to stop u gettin into quite a few sites.
rc xx

Update Reply
RC @ 12/05/2007 07:01  

Good morning Rock Chick Give me the addy of your site again i did write it down last night from the chat room but must have wrote it down wrong Thanx

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 12/05/2007 07:26  

there u go hunny xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://rockchicksbar.bestbulletinboard.com/

Update Reply
RC @ 12/05/2007 08:11  

What's Internet Explorer /mozilla gotta do wiv chat room abbreviations? Have you been drinking again R C?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/05/2007 17:57  

yep she has kwak !!!!!!!!!!! high as a kite an rockin on caffine !!!!!!!!!!! sunk 12 of my tea bags yesterday an i've got to go an buy some more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
storm @ 13/05/2007 04:20  

so kwak lol but lctograve asked for it on this post lol (my web addy lol) so i posted it

Update Reply
RC @ 13/05/2007 13:16  

No need folks, I built one into the Bike Chat website... http://www.bikechat.net/sites/bikechat/index.asp?pid=ac...ronyms.asp :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/05/2007 15:02  

smarty breeches

Update Reply
Di @ 13/05/2007 15:23  

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/05/2007 15:55  

Update Reply
Di @ 13/05/2007 16:18  

No disrespect Matt but the list isn't very good. I typed in ROFPML and it came up with Unable to find any acronyms matching your search criteria. Please try again. To be fair STFU was there. I also typed in PML and it came up with DNPML = Darn Near Pissed Myself Laughing The D and N have NEVER been used in U K chat rooms, least I've never seen them while I've chatted in them and I've been in various chat rooms in the past 9 years. To keep typing in to find out what the letters mean would be a royal pain, hence my offer of an A-Z list which can be printed off and looked at easily enough. Just MHO I'll STFU now

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/05/2007 18:08  

you can NEVER have them all, because people combine them and change them around etc. I can easily add more, and there are hundreds in it at the moment already

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/05/2007 14:38  

sorry thousands, just checked. lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/05/2007 14:38  

still a smarty breeches

Update Reply
Di @ 14/05/2007 14:46  

saw a posting by lcotgrave and see you are in birkenhead do you go to the scotch piper in maghull as a few of us go there on a wednesday night and you not tha far away.

Update Reply
earthwind @ 14/05/2007 20:06  

Quote Matt: you can NEVER have them all, because people combine them and change them around etc. I can easily add more, and there are hundreds in it at the moment already In my original post I did say COMMONLY USED abreviations, not variations of them. That's why I offered the list cos some members were getting a bit overwhelmed by them, in the chat room. If regular chatters stick to the C U abbreviations then newbies will have a better chance of keeping up. Adding more, to your list, won't be of any help unless they are C U ones. Folk making their own up is of no help, unless they catch on and are used throughout the internet. IMHO.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/05/2007 17:18  

yea once you know the basics, then when u see combinations its easy to recognise them. The database link i sent you has more than the commonly used ones in. Took me a while to build (no i didnt type them all ffs lol). TTFN (haha)

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/05/2007 13:33  

I'd rather ASK the chatter WTF they mean than keep typing the word into the data for translation, especially if I'm trying to keep up with more than one conversation. lol CUL8R

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/05/2007 17:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email