MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Chat Room Abbreviations

Chat Room Abbreviations (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Chat Room Abbreviations (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Chat Room Abbreviations

I know this thread is an old one but folk still ask 'what does Y W mean?', or 'what does LOL mean?'. Two very commonly used chat room abbreviations/acronyms. If you'd like an A - Z list of *STANDARD abbreviations PM me an email address to send it to and I will. By *STANDARD I mean commonly used abbreviations/acronyms that are used on most forums /chat rooms, not ones folk make up themselves and no one else has heard of /seen.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/11/2009 22:27  

not ones folk make up themselves and no one else has heard of /seen. What.... like HMRC? I swear I didn't make that one up - honest! They're very very real... and a complete PITA

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/11/2009 01:22  

do you want me to create an acryonym database for BM like i did for BikeChat? We can add as many as we want to the list, I'll make it so that all staff can add new ones if u like. Or u can email me lists and i'll import them. Let me know if this will help, I can put a link into the chatroom for it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/11/2009 08:04  

Good idea matt, but if you don't know there is an abbreviation how can you look it up? Personally think a list is a better idea.

Update Reply
LINDAJ @ 21/11/2009 10:01  

there's thousands linda, literally thousands. I have about 5,000 in the BikeChat database already. It's for when someone uses an acronym that you don't know.

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/11/2009 10:11  

Yea but most folk don't use thousands Matt. Long-term users will know the most commonly used ones, but newbies don't and regularly asked in the chat room is 'what does LOL / BTW / BRB mean?' My list is alphabetical and only has the most comon ones in it. They are ones I have learned, and are used in most chat rooms and forums, over the past 11 years. The list doesn't include made-up acronyms, they are internet standard ones, and there aren't any Americanisms. I've had 3 requests for the list already.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/11/2009 23:13  

thx kwak L8Rs

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/11/2009 00:30  

* mmmm feel a challenege coming on to find one thats not on Aunties list

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/11/2009 13:03  

Y W Nealy Niecey lol there are hundreds, probably thousands, that aren't on my list but that's cos they aint used in the chatroom.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/11/2009 22:48  

B.U.M.P

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/01/2010 16:19  

n' grind ooops sorry wrong thread

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2010 16:22  

Nearly 6 years later and still very much needed Would you like an A to Z list (just one page) of acronyms, aka chat room / text message abbreviations? PM me an email address then I can send a list to you, of the most commonly used ones.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/12/2012 10:17  

well wtf not seen this before ffs cant peeps just ask there bbf or the cia if they need to no and really dilligaff it will be snafu befor the day is out
but still it made me lol and lmao rofl
it good to no your asl atst it really dosent matter afain aitytb i like bm bykt
bw im awol scnr sete
xxx

Update Reply
kaycat @ 01/01/2013 10:24  

What?!!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/01/2013 22:16  

Would you like an A to Z list (just one page) of acronyms, aka chat room / text message abbreviations? PM me an email address then I can send a list to you, of the most commonly used ones.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/01/2013 09:07  

Err Isn't PM'ing email addresses against site rules Sandi

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/01/2013 18:48  

Technically yes, Em, but I'm not a spammer or in need of a British passport, so I think folk are safe giving me their email addys so I can send them a list of acronyms. I've been doing it for years. You must have been away when we had the discussion about email addys. Matt got fed up with trying to sort out aggro, that members found themselves in by giving out their email address to folk they didn't really get to know, and then being bombarded with crap email. Matt decided enough was enough and put a blanket ban on it; tho I'm sure when he sees an email address he will look and see in what context it's being sent and act accordingly. I don't ask members for their email address for any other reason than the acronym list. I do suggest they create a new email addy if they don't want me to have their regular one.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/01/2013 14:25  

Aha, I see Well that clears that up then Thanks for the info Sandi

Update Reply
Emzed @ 03/01/2013 15:13  

M P Em

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/01/2013 16:40  

Sandi could't you just send them a list in a personal PM on here

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 03/01/2013 22:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email