MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Chat Room Abbreviations

Chat Room Abbreviations (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Chat Room Abbreviations (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Chat Room Abbreviations

No.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/01/2013 23:10  

Would you like an A to Z list (just one page) of acronyms, aka chat room / text message abbreviations? PM me an email address then I can send a list to you, of the most commonly used ones.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/01/2013 23:30  

tut tut we are no supposed to give out email addys !!!!! Note: Do NOT include your email address in any private messages.Doing so may result in a ban! See here for why.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/01/2013 08:48  

Oh FGS I've already said I've been doing it for years, Matt knows when an email address has been used in a PM so I'm sure if I was doing wrong he would have told me years ago. He also posted, somewhere in the forums, that if folk needed to contact each other to discuss or organise events then he understood. Not those exact words but that's what he meant. He made the no email address rule mainly to stop folk dishing out their personal deatails to folk they don't know, then complainng to him about it when they turned out to be a nuisance or a spammer.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/01/2013 10:37  

Taken from a thread Matt started 13th April 2007 'Accounts being banned' Di posted: 13th April 2007<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> oooo cripes mate!!!! <o:p></o:p> If that's wot you gotta do then that's wot you gotta do but just so peeps understand, ie: I've been pm ing someone and it gets to the point i wanna swop email or phone numbers i can yeah?<o:p></o:p> Matt posted:<o:p></o:p> Suppose so if you have spent long enough getting to know them, but remember that I can't help if the person you are talking to is involved with someone else and they get hold of your contact details.<o:p></o:p> Communicating via BM gives you the option to block people, whereas if your phone number gets out then I can't help you. Though some people think I can!<o:p></o:p> <o:p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ </o:p> Another post Matt made, same day, same topic<o:p></o:p> I'm a reasonable guy, and I know there are legitimate reasons for swapping details... and you all know I'd never through the rule book at any long standing members who are genuinely trying to meet someone. Or if you are arranging a ride out, and need to give your mob number to someone... then it's fine, as long as theres good reason for it and you all know the consequences of your own actions (just please don't look at me when things go wrong haha). <o:p></o:p> <o:p>Follow link to read for yourself</o:p> <o:p> </o:p> http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...pic_id=616

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/01/2013 10:48  

Would it not be easier to just post them in a thread? And just to clarify, Matt nor the Mods DO NOT look at your pm's, we can not see them, as it says on the tin they are PRIVATE !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/01/2013 11:02  

No, it wouldn't cos posts get lost, it's easier for newbs to print off a list I send them than to search the forum and try to print off from the thread. If it was easier I'd have done it and saved meself the grilling on here. Matt told us that he is notified when an email address shows up in a PM and he then investigates WHY. As I said already Matt knows I do it and has said nothing to me about not doing it. I've been a member for 6 yrs I think I can be trusted not to send spam or harrass members, once I have their email address.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/01/2013 11:08  

Sorry but in my opinion, it causes Matt extra work so therefore you as site staff, should not be encouraging folk to do it whether you think its valid or not.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/01/2013 11:18  

Even after I've told you Matt knows and hasn't told me not to you still object. So much for trying to help folk chat in the chat room without feeling overwhelmed by acronyms.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/01/2013 11:27  

as i said Sandi send the list in a PM, end of problem

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/01/2013 00:06  

Would you like an A to Z list (just one page) of acronyms, aka chat room abbreviations, to help you make sense of the chat? PM me an *email address then I can send a list to you, of the most commonly used ones, which you can print off and refer to. *Altho the site rule says you will be banned if you send your email address in a PM I'm sure Matt realises that newbies need all the help they can get, to make chatting in the chat room easy. I will not use the email address for any other reason than to send the list, and I advise that you don't send it to others. Once you've made friends in the chat room and gone on to meet them you can give your email address to them when you meet. I'm locking this topic cos I don't want to keep explaining myself.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/01/2013 04:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email