MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Hands down best way to sex? texting

Hands down best way to sex? texting - Forums [Biker Match] Hands down best way to sex? texting - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Hands down best way to sex? texting

Forget roses and expensive meals - the way to get a woman into bed may be texting. More than 80% of them say messages sent by phone or social networks make them feel closer to men than tranditional dates do, a sruvey shows. And 40% say cyber contact helps to make them happy to go to bed with new partners. "The messages create anticipation", says psychologist Dr Belisa Vranich. "It gives the false impression you've been together for a longer amount of time, so it's ok to have sex quicker. People tend to be more sexual when texting than in real life". But texting is also a popular way to end romances as well as speed them up. Almost half of the women pulled for men's Fitness magazine have been dumped by text while nearly 30% of the men have had "its over" messages.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 18:59  

So whats your number ??

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 25/01/2011 19:06  

To me text speak would be an instant turn off. If a woman invited me to do some m8ing, I'd tell her I have no interest in Scottish motorways.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 25/01/2011 19:09  

I have a friend that could agree with this 100% Im afraid.... very true honey x

Update Reply
kazninja @ 25/01/2011 19:10  

whats ya number Kaz lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 19:11  

I think more than 75% of a relationship is conducted over the internet/phone these days! I don't get it, I hate txting and I'm not particularly keen on ringing people up either - although BJ must be an exception. What was it BJ? 1 hour 40 mins last week lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 19:13  

Yeah, but you can't taste a text.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 25/01/2011 19:57  

that's cos people meet in different ways to in the past, and often live great distances apart. I think messaging and texting is great. I Love opening a daft text that brightens a gruelling morning at work. And going back to cheescake's comment ...when humour hits the spot...well.....

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 25/01/2011 19:59  

I think when your man does text you it does make you feel he's with you in spirit (so to speak), but if I relied on texting to get me into bed I'd never get any sex. I think actually talking to each other on the phone or better yet, face to face and within touching/ smelling/ seeing distance, is far better.

I will say though that all the text speak does not impress me - particularly if someone is still using it in emails or on msn or yahoo messengers.

I do wonder how old the surveyed women were.

Update Reply
gatvol @ 25/01/2011 21:06  

Thank fook for that gatvol!! I was getting a bit worried there.. So real women would rather meet the guy before jumping his bones!?? Call me old fashioned but.....

Update Reply
old red @ 25/01/2011 21:10  

"More than 80% of them (women) say messages sent by phone or social networks make them feel closer to men than tranditional dates do,...so it's ok to have sex quicker" Forgive me for being suspicious, but considering this article is for a men's magazine and it's a month before Valentines, I can't help feeling that this is all too handy for those who can't be arsed to just send a quick text etc. and blame it on the mag if the woman kicks off. As for the results, I suppose it depends how the questions were put. Do you feel closer to a man who a)texts you now and then or b)spends time talking to you, going to the cinema, to a restaurant, on country walks etc? Can't see that getting 80/20 in favour of A somehow... Any way, who want's to have sex quicker? I think the esteemed Dr means sooner, unless it's can't be arsed sex as well as can't be arsed romance!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 25/01/2011 21:46  

Just hand the money over first, sorted.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 23:31  

At least with texting it shows you are good with your hands. Bit of a turn off though

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/01/2011 00:03  

Me and my hairy biker met on here, and we started out as emails and messages then went onto texts, we spend about 4 hours a day texting back and forwards, yes it would be easier to phone, but we do it while ...ahem...cough cough we are at work (please don't tell my manager)... so phone calls our out. It's got to the point now where I text him when I wake up in the morning (he works nights), to say good morning and he texts me to say sweet dreams at night. Why do we text so much, simply cause when were together we hold the biggest conversations, he's so easy to talk to and I know I can talk the hind legs off a donkey, so its a great way to share feelings and emotions. Technology has taken off so so much in decade, so why not use it to keep in touch and share loving messages. As long as its not the ONLY way to speak to one another, I see nothing wrong with it being an extension of a relationship, its not about keeping tabs its about telling someone special you love them and how much you miss them etc. OK I'm gonna shut up now, I just wanted to tell you how texts work for me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/01/2011 08:07  

I think keeping in touch by text is great, Im a busy mum and just to get a text of a friend in the day when we don't always have time for a full on phone call makes me smile.

We do coffee etc. but don't always have the time.
As for the man in your life, its nice to know they are thinking about you I suppose when you cant be together, especially when people are so busy and don't always live near by

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/01/2011 13:16  

My ex husband was in the army and we were pen-pals, back in the early 80's so I guess that would have been the equivalent of today's texting? We used to write letters 10 pages long and I would get a letter almost every other day, he would also phone me from the phone box on camp whenever he could ( no mobiles ). We didn't actually meet for about 12 weeks from when we started writing. By the time we met, we knew so much about each other that we clicked straight away and married less than a year later at 19 and 20, we were married for 23yrs. We only split up as he is a total non-biker and it's always been in my blood, we have stayed good friends, even though he has remarried. So.. in my case I would say there is nothing wrong with texting/emailing ( the modern version of letter-writing) Obviously actually meeting in person and spending quality time together is second to none, but I think texting etc is also good.

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/01/2011 13:32  

Mmmm, a perfumed letter in the post.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 26/01/2011 20:00  

Yehhhh Contra...cant beat it.. thats MY letters i sent were perfumed..not HIS!! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/01/2011 20:06  

It dont work with the women. On this site. Most of them are a waste of space

Update Reply
flagstaff @ 26/01/2011 22:57  

Au contraire Flag...Depends on the content/context..I chat via p.m with some of the lasses on here, nothing of an unsavoury nature just general stuff-mutual interest, bikes & biking, meets etc. I find them to be wholly interesting & fun to chat with..Can,t imagine the site without them.

Update Reply
old red @ 26/01/2011 23:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email