MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Anyone else having house renovations?

Anyone else having house renovations? - Forums [Biker Match] Anyone else having house renovations? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Anyone else having house renovations?

And why is it so damn stressful?
The local council has decided in it's infinite wisdom, that it's time to renovate the kitchens, bathrooms and fit new central heating systems in the 30 year old houses on our street, one house at a time (our included). The quoted time for each house is 4 weeks

So far, it has taken them 3 weeks to gut the kitchen, gut the toilet/bathroom and knock that into one, plaster board and plaster the kitchen and bathroom and rewire the kitchen and fit new radiators and a new central heating combi boiler (which had to be moved from the kitchen to up stairs as to fit the vertical flu).

We are now waiting for them to come and fit new bathroom and shower and fit the new kitchen. So for the last 3 weeks we've been living off microwave meals and take-aways.

It's really starting to get on me wick a bit now, I just want it all finished and to be able to get to normality.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 19/04/2007 05:00  

whats normailty 2w - been searching for years for it never found it what you've got to remember is when a council says a job is going to take 'so long' - they are talking in council time like highways time ie 1 minute on your clock = 3 minutes council/highways time - so by using the council clock - your work should be finished in 12 weeks so you're a quarter way there Sorry thats not helping is it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/04/2007 05:08  

Naughty Croc.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/04/2007 05:10  

True tho cobra. Soz 2ws ya gonna live on chicken ding for a while yet, specially if any bits from the kitchen are missing

Update Reply
Di @ 19/04/2007 05:28  

ur council fits showers? lucky you! mine have just done the yearly central heating boiler check,which is behind fire in living room,so had to move furniture whilst bloke watched me then when he took fire off he found sum fluffy handcuffs!! (wondered where they had gone!!) x

Update Reply
witchiest @ 19/04/2007 08:24  

ooo witchiest i need a cold shower now - can i use yours 2w oh sorry not been done yet

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/04/2007 08:32  

i've got a watering can? was gonna say hosepipe but it got nicked last summer!!

Update Reply
witchiest @ 19/04/2007 08:39  

just give the kids some water pistols - I llike a good water fight

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/04/2007 08:41  

they wud love that! gonna treat em to new water pistols this year,u can get pump action ones!! i may regret it one day tho! xx

Update Reply
witchiest @ 19/04/2007 08:44  

Somebody kindly got George one of those damn great guns, it's nearly as big as him and I can't run away fast enough!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 19/04/2007 08:56  

yeh and you can get battery powered 1s two which fire further and faster

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/04/2007 09:00  

cheers fer that croc

Update Reply
Di @ 19/04/2007 09:11  

shhhhhhhhhhhhh bwb will want one lmao

Update Reply
RC @ 20/04/2007 06:43  

Best not let him see the website for sharp pointy things, that I've found either then

Talking of websites, http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?sid=240593 Fearless Casual Wear. Yes, I am the designer of Fearless Casuals, the new cool clothing range. Please go take a look.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 20/04/2007 07:49  

Hi mate - good for you but why dont you get in touch with spiral direct and get them to link you with their tribal wear - they a good crowd and if you fearless - y dont you tell rc you'll join me for the waxing ha ha for her charity do

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2007 08:05  

yeah go on 2w's join croc lol i dare ya mr fearless lol

Update Reply
RC @ 20/04/2007 08:09  

what i meant is put a link on their website to yours and vice versa - said communication wasnt my strong suit

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2007 08:09  

i want a ad/dc t shirt now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Update Reply
RC @ 20/04/2007 08:13  

got a dc bomber jacket from back in black tour

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2007 08:15  

awwwwwwwwwww not fair lol

Update Reply
RC @ 20/04/2007 08:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email