MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

BM meeting places

BM meeting places - Forums [Biker Match] BM meeting places - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

BM meeting places

just a thought we all know of biker meeting places but what if we had some BM meeting places up and down the country coz how many times do we all go to a bikers spot and see some one we think may be from BM but dare not go ask so i just thought some regular haunts may be in order so we can meet up regularly with bmers in your area wot you think ??

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 04/10/2010 22:32  

Think Thats a grets idea mate. Nottingham here X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2010 23:16  

Good idea WN, im guessing your suggesting particular places not just an area?

Update Reply
drobess @ 05/10/2010 00:32  

Yes good idea but won't we still have same problem of (is it isn't it)

Update Reply
JP @ 05/10/2010 06:28  

Great idea, and especially for newbies to come along and meet the rest of us. I think a monthly meet in each area, somewhere public like a cafe or bar so newbies could take along a mate if they felt uncomfortable turning up on their own would be great. In Brum we obviously have quite a few nights out normally which serve this purpose and I know newbies are generally invited along to these personally by events team or mods so they know they will be made to feel welcome. Anyone I've spoken to about the site when I've been wearing the clothing etc. thinks it's great to have the regular get togethers.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2010 07:45  

Here in Hobbit land as Boss Mom says we do tend to meet on a regular basis, but am all for a a set day if thats what folk would like :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 05/10/2010 09:32  

fab idea, Sunset & me are near Gunthorpe & a biker friendly pub called the Unicorn. Nice spot near the river and easily accessible off the A1 route. :-)

Update Reply
kazninja @ 05/10/2010 09:33  

I'm in Durham. Anyone fancy a meeting venue in this area?

Update Reply
Suzi5551 @ 05/10/2010 09:35  

Just as a meet up point around Brum for a coffee, what about Bassetts Pole McD the first or last Sunday of the month? If it's an OK day we could always go for a ride-out from there after.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2010 10:32  

Suzanne and anyone else local or not.

There's a few of us meet up in The Railway Tavern on North Road in Darlo every Saturday night in the lounge. Anyone would be made welcome so come and say hello, don't sit in on a Sat night

There's also a fancy dress halloween party there at the end of the month

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 05/10/2010 11:29  

jp said "Yes good idea but won't we still have same problem of (is it isn't it) " we need a funny hand shake like the bike clubs lol well scarborough whitby or bridlington would be good for east coast side if any intrested

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 05/10/2010 17:51  

I'm only an hour away from Basset's Pole, so could easily make a regular meet there.

Update Reply
Drum @ 05/10/2010 17:56  

Good idea but will peeps actually turn up. there is the weekly meet at the Vic in coalville but very few from BM turn up, or if they do don't tell anyone and so are missed.
Perhapse a list that is permanent would be good so it doesn't fall off the events page.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 05/10/2010 18:00  

yeh thats a good idea. I was gonna go Bassetts tonight but no where to see if any one else is going

Update Reply
Ninja Lou @ 05/10/2010 18:05  

A few of us try and get to the Scotch Piper in Lydiate each Wednesday, (weather permiting) you will generally find Wills, Earthwind, Paganprince, laimdan (formerly Bluejeans2000), susiesue and little ole me . Have yet to meet dunans who usually gets there and leaves before us (is he trying to tell us something??!!). If anyone wants to join us just give one of us a shout

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 05/10/2010 18:11  

I think the Vic falls down because it is midweek and in the evening and, like you say it is not always easy to spot those who do turn up because it's a pub. I think a meet of a weekend and mid-morning would be more suitable for some and you have the option of going on somewhere after if it's nice. If it was once a month it could be put on events and those planning on attending could put their names down so we'd see faces and know who we were looking for. Hope that all makes sense. (Now when exactly did I join the events team by proxy lol)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2010 20:20  

great idea nealy theres lots of places to meet on the east coast where spoilt for choice

Update Reply
meerkat @ 05/10/2010 20:36  

we are meerkat but no bugger ever comes out to meet up anywhere round here tight yorkshire folk i rekon ! lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 05/10/2010 20:41  

great idea about Bassetts on a sunday morning or afternoon, i am all for that as it would be easier to meet everyone here rather than an event like the Vic where its harder to meet everyone from here

Update Reply
catman61 @ 05/10/2010 21:07  

I think you've had a great idea WheelyNealy - can anyone suggest a meeting point for those of us down South ?

Update Reply
Talis @ 05/10/2010 21:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email