MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Tips for Camping with a Motorbike (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike

AHHHH but Dangerous we get to do it all again next year woooohoooo RC1965 a can lend ya ma "pinky and perky" teashirt lol and is the squishy and squashy for you or JP lol and BJ all a can say bout Mr Kens bike (at kelso) Jaw dropping lol he a ledgend on the bike packing front lol

Update Reply
madhat @ 23/09/2010 17:42  

Thanks for that MH! Phil is Squashy so I thought he could have one and JP could be Squishy - the new BM double-act lol. Mine should just say "squashed"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 18:33  

lmao just get 2 with squishy and squashy one each lol

Update Reply
madhat @ 23/09/2010 18:39  

That's the way to do it (or not as the case may be) LOL

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 23/09/2010 18:43  

BJ thats wider than your ass sorry on topic lighter

Update Reply
JP @ 23/09/2010 18:58  

OI JP lookout .....ouch to late lol think this might be coming your way lol and Mr Ken lol thats not the pic a was thinking about lol am sure it was higher lol

Update Reply
madhat @ 23/09/2010 19:09  

First aid kit is a good idea as well

Update Reply
jabecs @ 23/09/2010 22:41  

take a roll of black masking tape....if you are on a harley you can tape the bits that fall off back on pmsl...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 22:49  

Cheeky beggar

Update Reply
jabecs @ 23/09/2010 23:08  

please dont post photos in the forums that are too big for the post and end up stretching the page. That's why I don't normally allow posting of photos. Thanks :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/09/2010 23:35  

Travel light (as a pillion) for a weekend rally...jeans (when getting out of textiles) t-shirts ...... toiletries ( t/brush/paste,wet wipes/deoderant/comb to drag through your hair )comfy boots oh and of course clean undies

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 24/09/2010 00:16  

Do yourself a check list so that you can tick off items when you've packed them, that way you don't forget to load those important items.

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 24/09/2010 11:26  

Old Un if you look close enough you can still my ass lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/09/2010 12:11  

As an afterthought(when you've packed every essential thing possible)the polis were stopping bikes on the way to the farmyard party the past couple of years for overloading! maybe worth thinking about.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 24/09/2010 16:26  

Oy aye,johnnytb, at least a harley will keep going ,would be a bit more worried about that thing your sitting in,hope you got plenty rolls of speedtape for them running repairs.lol

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 24/09/2010 16:30  

For those people that no longer camp, maybe for age reasons, and cannot afford holidays anymore, it maybe worth your while giving it another go. The equipment today is vastly improved on what was available in the sixties and the cost is much lower than any alternatives, especially for bike rally admittance. The Rat

Update Reply
Rattay @ 24/09/2010 17:14  

Very good idea ken then I may remember my glasses and coffee, but thay were the only things I forgot

Update Reply
JP @ 24/09/2010 18:32  

But what that post doesn't say is that they were the only things he was supposed to bring, I had the rest!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/09/2010 20:04  

Try and keep the heavier gear as far forward as you can or you'll get a little front end light and possibly turn your Superdream into a wheelie machine

The last thing to write on your list is remember to put your side stand puck in your pocket or somewhere you can reach easily. If the grounds a bit soft you'll need to drop it on the floor before you can get off your bike so don't put it in your top box.

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 24/09/2010 21:55  

You mean you dont empty your first tinnie and use that before the tent goes up?

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 24/09/2010 23:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email