MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike - Forums [Biker Match] Tips for Camping with a Motorbike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike

Most of you probably already know 'what to pack' and 'how to pack' etc but some don't and this link is for those. I don't camp, and haven't camped since I was a child, but I think this site it a good place to start for info, of course if any B M members would like to give their tips as well that would be good too. http://www.lazymotorbike.eu/tips/camping/

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/09/2010 23:52  

Is it something like this saw this bike on a recent trip to Ireland

Update Reply
micksaway @ 23/09/2010 00:14  

I think that is Sumo on his way to a rally lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 00:21  

lol i've seen that bike before........ think you could be right John

Update Reply
jabecs @ 23/09/2010 00:25  

LOL Do either of you have any tips and advice, serious ones I mean, for newbie bike campers?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/09/2010 00:25  

Pack for yourself is most important

sleeping back
roll mat / bed
blanket
pot to cook in
mug
plate knife fork spoon
toilet roll
cooker
tent
tarp
tea coffee etc
kettle (optional cos u coul use pot) remember tho u might wanna brew up when cooking tho

do shop when u get to site
This does all fit on a bike ....even a harley !!!!! I did it lol

Update Reply
jabecs @ 23/09/2010 00:33  

oh and i had chair on back

Update Reply
jabecs @ 23/09/2010 00:34  

sleeping back roll mat / bed blanketpot to cook in mugplate knife fork spoontoilet rollcookertenttarptea coffee etckettle (optional cos u coul use pot) remember tho u might wanna brew up when cooking tho chair Also don't forget Wetwipes torch clothes (lots of socks..nowt worse if your socks get wet through and you can't get your feet warm) woolly hat.. ( surprising how warmer you will feel)

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/09/2010 00:39  

Lol well as a dont have a bike and cant offer any tips a tell you what not to do Dont try getting a double airbed into a single tent saying no more lol

Update Reply
madhat @ 23/09/2010 00:58  

how about a pile of bungee straps and don't forget the bike!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/09/2010 03:42  

Dont forget the pilly and panniers are great for the makeup (kidding!!!) but plastic bags to kkep things of the ground if wet and pegs to hang things to try . XB

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 05:57  

Cheers all - madhat ....what can i say ! this going to be fun shame its this end of the season ! I'm presuming that some of this packing attracts the attention of the boys in blue ?

Update Reply
Brian1 @ 23/09/2010 08:08  

This is the real thing. Bikermatch member (who shall remain nameless) about to take to the roads after reducing the load

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/09/2010 08:31  

I am sure Timeout has a pic of me and Mr Ken on way to rally fully loaded which me thinks would raise a few eyebrows lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/09/2010 10:20  

Here's Ziggy, my trusty 125! all packed up!

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/09/2010 10:46  

Don't take a pillion campin. They take up far too much space (even the small ones). It means you can take a proper size tent which goes on the back seat with yer double infatable matteress, double sleeping bag and arm chair. most importantly you gonna need music. small radio or mp3 player. Even better if you get someone to go in a small van. then they can take everything and you get to ride yer bike luggage free.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 23/09/2010 11:38  

Squashy !!!!! lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/09/2010 11:54  

How dare you call dinky a small van! I always take a tea towel and squishy for washing up as well. Plasters, just in case.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 12:25  

Is squishy JP's new nickname?

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 23/09/2010 12:31  

oh yeah...and what about all the flack the driver of the small van (or estate) has to take cos they haven't come on their bike

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 23/09/2010 12:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email