MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Tips for Camping with a Motorbike (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike

better still, have a pilly with puck in pocket who can hop off and place puck in place... as a pilly go back several posts and see Annekas post... a girl after my own heart... especially when you only have 2 ins to place your butt on the pilly seat... ho hum....

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 24/09/2010 23:12  

This pilly thing seems like a good idea,do the pilly's put the tent up aswell? (Joking girls,steady)Still nothing like that first can on arrival in amongst it all. The women have it sussed,travel light,less to bother with on that bloody awful sunday or whatever day you set off back home.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 25/09/2010 00:08  

yep..... tent done, travel light..... gone.......

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 25/09/2010 00:22  

This is how you load a bike

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 26/09/2010 13:14  

Well loaded there sumo, but are you sure you dont pass its max permissable gross for use on uk roads lol

Update Reply
JP @ 26/09/2010 14:17  

May i just add, if you're taking all that kit and obviously the gear you're wearing..... Don't go with anything smaller than a 2 man tent!! It's either that or you sleep outside whilst your gear stays snuggly and warm in the tent. Personally i take a 3 man tent, room for me, my gear and a guest, though the third item has never appeared, one stays hopefull...lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2010 14:24  

Take 2 man tent so can store gear in as well as me,plus loads of comfy stuff,can pack lighter if only doing over nighters

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 26/09/2010 15:03  

My tip for camping .................. pitch next to Sumo !!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/09/2010 16:59  

Works for me BJ

Update Reply
jabecs @ 26/09/2010 17:37  

find a friend with a trike n trailer then they can carry all the camping gear leaving you to have comfy ride to where ever the roads lead you too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2010 18:18  

Cigarette socket for power. But you've all got one by now anyway.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 26/09/2010 20:28  

Hey,Sumo,I know you`re not exactly a big lad but I think you forgot to leave a space on the bike for you to sit

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 26/09/2010 21:10  

pitch next to yamahama and get him to pump up your airbed

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 26/09/2010 21:19  

thats ok minnie as long as you're willing to push start the bike when you've flattened the battery

Update Reply
yamahama @ 26/09/2010 22:06  

Be as well with a van really, but must admit some comforts are missed as age creeps in!!!! and a bit more gets loaded every year

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 26/09/2010 23:57  

whats an airbed !! my squizz has an Optimate3 charger lead fitted onto her so if she dies on me, I can just whip it out and smile sweetly at anyone with an electric socket at the nearest pub... make sure you take a spare small waterproof rucksack... just cos it fitted in when you left home, you can guarantee it wont fit in when you leave the rally... failing that, a net and zillions of bungees... oh and dont forget the head torch for manic marathons over the guy ropes to the ladies on a night... think I've saved the thread boss man....

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 27/09/2010 17:29  

Miss Nutkin Will we be seeing you at next years camping events ?

Update Reply
JP @ 27/09/2010 19:06  

next year, definately !!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 27/09/2010 19:10  

Hey, if anyone knows about tips for camping whilst on a bike, it's Happy Biker...His bike is like the Tardis

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 27/09/2010 19:10  

anybody got any of those sealskinz socks yet ? They are really cosy, waterproof and worth every penny.... pack a few baseliners too - couple of tops, leggings, I got a few online this years, they look a bit papa out of little house on the prairie but who cares what you look like as long as you're cozy and warm

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 27/09/2010 19:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email