MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Tips for Camping with a Motorbike (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tips for Camping with a Motorbike

I wish! Although to be fair he did offer to wash up here once and I was told to vacate the kitchen.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 12:32  

Although, thinking about it, "Squishy" and "Squashy" would be good t-shirts for xmas!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 12:32  

pmsl rc

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 23/09/2010 12:35  

That should have read I told him to vacate the kitchen. DOH!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 12:38  

And why can't I get photos on my posts? I've tried snip and stick but it won't work and there's no insert. Uncle Pilip?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 12:39  

If the vans big enough Minnie the the can bring a bike as well. so long as they bring the food and the sound system.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 23/09/2010 12:41  

It should work if you upload picture to BM first or have a url for the picture. I cant copy straight from my PC either.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 23/09/2010 12:55  

I would like to request that chit chat/banter isn't posted in this topic, it's for 'newbies to camping' to help them, it would be preferable if they didn't have loads of pages of irrelevant stuff to trawl thro to find the advice and info. Thanks for your co-operation. Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/09/2010 12:56  

well stop postin then quack.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 23/09/2010 12:57  

Or they might just get to know people as well as find useful information. I did include the tea towel and squishy earlier lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 13:23  

an ashtray if you smoke so you dont litter :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/09/2010 14:43  

Especially now its getting colder at night, a suitably shaped container and or a she wee

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 23/09/2010 14:57  

A spare tent for when the old-un gets annoying

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 16:24  

Agree with Kwak - please can we keep on-topic (or at least pretend we're able to do so, though I know it's almost impossible on BM).
Anyhow... I can't stress how important bungee cords are! When i used to go camping my bike was full of the damn things. I used to stack my bike up with tent, missus, sleeping bags, cooker, pots, pans, water bag etc. Oh there's one... water bag! Little plastic fold-up thing that you can fill with water and hang from something after setting up your geat. And don't forget to seriously harden up your suspension if possible on your bike (most bikes can). You may need help from a mechanic on some bikes to get this done. Do not stack your bike up with soft suspension, it creates a seriously dangerous balance when cornering.

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/09/2010 16:34  

one excellent tip from a friend i went away with, stick everything in a suitcase and post it! works a treat if you remember to take the keys to the suitcase, i will deff do this next time i go away on the bike!

Update Reply
julie j @ 23/09/2010 16:41  

Get some nice skin tight pink lycra leggings. Match those to a pair of thigh length boots with lace up sides. Wear a slightly baggy fashion leather jacket left open at the front and a nice long flowing wig under your helmet to finish.

Hey presto ... camping with a motorcycle.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/09/2010 17:12  

I think the idea of staying on thread just went straight out the window lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 17:14  

Yes BJ we do hav a pic of you and Ken packing for a short weekend away

Update Reply
Timeout @ 23/09/2010 17:35  

Sorry.

Staying on thread ... erm, get a hotel room and leave all the heavy camping gear at home!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/09/2010 17:35  

Click the link

Update Reply
Timeout @ 23/09/2010 17:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email